PDA

View Full Version : Bad Behavior

Kirsten
05-09-2002, 06:42 AM
You know, looks like our little furry sweethearts - no matter how lovely and cute they can be - always seem to have the ability to make you mad, right? :D

My Luna for example is the sweetest little girl you can imagine - but at night, usually right after I turned out the light - she starts scratching the door - an open door, you have to know. Doesn't make any sense to me, and obviously not even to her, except causing my attention. Apparently her way to tell me that she wants me to play with her instead of going to bed! LOL

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has to deal with a bad behavior like that. What do your kitties do to annoy you? :D

Kirsten

purrley
05-09-2002, 07:05 AM
Well yesterday afternoon I had my NEW sliding glass door open exposing my NEW door screen and Panda Bear took the liberty of limbing right up to the top of it, damaging the NEW screen. Think she was mad at me because I wouldn't let her go outside.

sasvermont
05-09-2002, 07:10 AM
For some reason, my two cats love to climb between the screens and the upper part of the window, doing a FLAT CAT routine that entertains all the neighbors. I don't think its funny since I must NAIL the screens into place so the cats don't bump out the screens entirely. Last summer I ended up putting window fans in the lower part of all the windows so I could get air and the cats couldn't get to the screens. Take into consideration the fact they they have a 40 x 10 foot screened in porch to play on too. I really think they were getting my/our attention by doing this. It was also a real challenge for them to get up the screen and then drop down. They need to go to reform school!:) Boy do I love my guys though. They are so endearing in so many ways. Other times, well, they keep me thinking and laughing!:cool:

purrley
05-09-2002, 07:30 AM
Savermont - have the same problem with my Braydee getting between the screen and the window. Last fall it popped the screen out and he fell to the ground outside. Luckily it's just a little ways down from the window. However my bedroom windows are much higher and the other morning I found him between the screen and the windowin the bedroom. I was so nervous so I coaxed him out very gently so he wouldn't panic and push the screen out. Now I just don't open the window wide enough for him to scoot inbetween.

wayne0214
05-09-2002, 07:58 AM
I HAD some screen over my sliding glass windows, that is, until my furkids found it to be fun to climb and tear up. So, now I have the remnants of one screen left, which I plan to take down soon. However, in its place, I made a wooden frame with 1/4" mesh wire, about 5' wide, wedged in between the window and the wall. This allows me to keep the window partially open, but does not allow any of my furkids outside , unless I open the window up further. The entire affair is tightly pressed together with a limiting stick in the slide track. it was recently discovered that Tiger was removing the stick from the older system, and opening up the window to get outside.

Kirsten
05-09-2002, 09:03 AM
Cats and windows, a story of its own...

When I got Luna as a tiny kitten, I built a safety frame for the window (because when I'm home, I have always one window opened), made of a wooden frame and wire netting to avoid accidents.

You can see it in the picture here:

http://home.t-online.de/home/0554132997-0002/luna/luna29.jpg

Kirsten

AmberLee
05-09-2002, 10:12 AM
Whew, I guess I'm lucky re. the screens. Cassy and Livvy are using their energy on the mini-blinds. They are not as elegant (or as straight) as they were b.c. (before cats).

purrley
05-09-2002, 10:27 AM
:D Amberlee - my mini blinds are another story. By the cats trying to get through them to get to the window - they're bent forward and backwards (both windows in the bedroom). It's time for wooden shutters:) :)

NoahsMommy
05-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Our furballs do that too! Noel loves to run up the screen when she see's the birds on the balcony and Noah then chases after her! It is the funniest thing to see! :)

About the blinds, we have verticle blinds in all the windows and on the sliding glass door....lovely apartment window coverings :)...anyway, they love to weave in and out of them, hide in them, attack eachother in them and LOVE to jump at the stick thing that allows you to open and close them....so silly!

yorkster
05-09-2002, 06:17 PM
On our sliding galss door, there are those blinds that are all one piece, and they acordian to open & shut (have NO idea what the name is, they were here when we moved in) :confused:

Anyway, they are stuck at the 'half way open' point because some cat , (who will remain nameless) kept getting in between them and the window, and broke a piece off from where they attach to the runner. :mad:
He could not just sit and look out, he had to jump around back there........................And also he caused the valance to break off. looks really nice, and adds to the decor alot :rolleyes: :D

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2002, 12:49 AM
My cats love to weave in and out of my vertical blinds too. Sometimes they knock out the bottom weights on it too. When it's warm out, I like to open up my sliding glass door. Storm likes to put his claws in the screen door and open it up to go outside on the balcony. He's done some damage but not enough to have it replaced. My cats also love to claw my couch and recliner. They have two scratching posts but I guess that's not enough for them. My cat Sunny loves to go swimming in his water dish. Some weeks he does it daily and then he'll stop. When I think he's finally stopped this behavior, he'll start up again. Pepper will play in the water also but not as much. Sunny will also play in the toilet so I have to be sure that the lid is always down. Oh well, cats you gotta love them.:)

Lachesis
05-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Man so far we're lucky!!! Worst that is done is Pepper sharpening her nails on my bed :mad:

Milo is pretty sneaky and can open my bedroom door if it isnt shut all the way or else she claws the door... Little bugger...

Maxie still loves ppl's ears... to suck on them... which drives me loony. He doesnt do it AS much anymore.... but he still does it...

All 3 love going outside... Pepper is always trying to escape when the door is opened. I really need a new screen door, one that closes behind you...