PDA

View Full Version : Do you know about Greenies?

janelle
05-27-2006, 12:37 AM
I got some in the mail for free. My kitties turned up their noses at them so I thought I would give them to my sis for her kitty but then I heard they have made some kitties sick. I also heard some kitties love them and eat them up with no problems. Now I don't know what to think.

Wasn't it the Diamond cat food that killed some cats? Never heard of Greenies being bad. Does anyone in here had experience with Greenies? Suppose to be good for tartar build up on the teeth.

jenluckenbach
05-27-2006, 06:22 AM
My cats LOVE greenies! But I had a bad eperience with foster Carolyn ...... too many gave her bad diarrhea. So I only give them a small amount and I have had no other problems.

Kfamr
05-27-2006, 06:35 AM
My kitty niece & nephew love Greenies!
I don't see anything wrong with them - haven't experienced any problems, either. :)

catnapper
05-27-2006, 07:05 AM
My guys LOVE them.

Though its been my experience that givening more than 3 or 4 can lead to throwing up.

catmandu
05-27-2006, 09:55 AM
My Cats Love Them, As Well.
And Tubby 2 Does A Fandango When He Sees The Greenies, Or Any Treat As He Didnt Get Many Treats Where He Came From.
And They Are Good For The Teeth.

CalliesMom
05-27-2006, 10:39 AM
When Callie swallowed her toy back in February, we thought she had ingested a Greenie instead and that is what was stuck in her stomach. My veterinarian does not recommend giving Greenies for this reason alone; not sure if it is not as easily digested?!?!

Donnaj4962
05-27-2006, 11:16 AM
My girls love greenies.... especially Tabitha. But I, like Catnapper, have noticed that if I give them more than 3-4, Tabitha will get sick. :(

Since Tabitha is older, and sometimes decides that she would prefer to inhale her greenies rather than chewthem, I usually break them into as small of pieces as I can for her. That helps her with the digestion, I think?? :confused:

I only give them as treats every few days.

Maybe your local shelter would like your bag!

Catsnclay
05-27-2006, 01:21 PM
:eek: Hey, I just remembered I signed up for a bag of the free Greenies (see "Freebies" in General) way back when, and I never got them! :(

Lisa (of K&L) gave the boys some for their Christmas present last year, and I remember they ate them right up! :D But as with anything good, too much is never too good for you.