PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Dog Trial

K9karen
05-27-2006, 12:09 AM
Off to court, May 25 for the summary hearing for the county's suit about my dog attack, charging the neighbor with harboring dangerous dogs.
My lawyer showed up as an observor, hired a court reporter to compare statements from this trial and my civil suit. Besides 3 policemen, the invesigator was able to talk to the neighbors of the owner and they were sweet and concerned enough to show up, plus the gardner, my brother, the puppy's owner...total 9 witnesses to the attack. The dog owner immediately asked for a continuess! He said he never received witness statements etc. He never bothered to get a lawyer or contact the animal control people. The judge took him and the animal control prosecutor into his office. The guy wanted a deal to charge him with harboring one dog, but since nobody can ID which dog attacked me, the judge said no. So, all the witnesses have to take off from work again for a June 20 hearing.
I was so upset, i had to bite my tongue. I needed to remember it wasn't MY hearing, but his.
I mean, the neighbor saw my hand as i stood there in court, the gardner kept saying he'll never forget the sight of my hand. I guess the neighbor thinks all my 9 witnesses won't show up again. Who knows. I know he wants to keep his dogs, but truly,
he's bred them to be vicious. the entire neigborhood is petrified. they're 200 pounds and capable of knocking down fences should they want something bad enough. He can only have them in his yard if he is in plain sight. i complained that the dogs are out without supervision so the judge reinforced this new declaration.
Sorry to bore you. It's so unfair. My lawsuit is in the works. I have lots of additional medical bills. more surgery to come and endless phys therapy. i'm allowed to hire a housekeeper and submit the bill and pray i get reimbursed.
anyway......pray for me, please, i'm so frustrated.

dukedogsmom
05-27-2006, 12:29 AM
I feel like such a horrible friend. I'm sorry I haven't called you more. I can't believe they let him have a continuance! :mad: I would have been fuming. I'm so glad you can get a housekeeper. I hope your hand will recover well. You ought to also ask your lawyer about therapy for your well being. Your neighbor should pay for that, as well. Call me sometime and I'll do the same for you this weekend.

pnance
05-27-2006, 01:46 AM
Sometimes the law can be really frustrating. I can't even begin to imagine what your going through. Hopefully there won't be any more delays after the next court date.

Uabassoon
05-27-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm sending postitive thoughts your way that everything works out.

chocolatepuppy
05-27-2006, 05:02 AM
I'm sorry the guy is dragging this out Karen. I'm hoping for the next trial to go better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Cookiebaker
05-27-2006, 06:29 AM
Karen, how horrible! :( I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. Please know that we will be thinking about you. Take it one day at a time, and I hope and pray that things will fall into place. Hang in there!!!

jackie
05-27-2006, 06:30 AM
Wow, I am sorry that this thing seems to be dragging on.

lizbud
05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Karen, you are not boring anyone, we appreciate the update. :)
Getting the continuance is a legal maneuver to drag out the case in
hopes that people won't follow up & reappear at the next court date.
Hang in there and this will not happen again to you or anyone else
ever again. Big (((HUGS))) Liz

anna_66
05-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Geesh, should have expected him to do something like this :rolleyes: I can just imagine how frustrated you are now.
I'll be praying that this all work out.

{{{HUGS}}}
Anna

Alysser
05-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I was wondering what was happening. Truley, I'm so sorry. I can't believe he dragging this on any further. I hope things work out for the best for you.

zippy-kat
05-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Aw, Karen, how very frustrating!

As Lizbud said, you're not boring anyone. You're a big part of the PT Family and we sincerely look forward to your uppiedates. {hugs}

Many prayers on the way!
Zip

king2005
05-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I was thinking about you today.
Sorry it didn't go so well, but you have to remember, the law has to be fair to both sides. I understand it sucks & its hard, but it'll work out in the end.

I wish I could be there for support, as I have a thing with out of control dogs. Its 1 thing for the dogs to be properly trained, but not out of control like those dogs.

I send my best wishes

ramanth
05-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Karen, I'm sorry things aren't going your way. I hope the next trial works out better. *hugs*

shais_mom
05-27-2006, 06:33 PM
definately not boring us! I'm so sorry this putz is being such a jerk!
Finger's crossed and you are in my thoughts and prayers!

ChrisH
05-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Aw, Karen, how very frustrating!

As Lizbud said, you're not boring anyone. You're a big part of the PT Family and we sincerely look forward to your uppiedates. {hugs}

Many prayers on the way!
Zip
What Zip said.

Prayers, positive thoughts and much love.
Chris

captain
05-28-2006, 07:10 PM
Karen,

All my prayers, across the miles to you ......... {{{hugs}}}