PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder

lbaker
05-26-2006, 05:30 PM
It's happening this weekend in DC. So many vets on Harley's etc. coming into town to honor their comrades on Memorial Day on the Mall. Finally a Parade. (well, it's been happening for several years now) to honor our VietNam vets as well as others. A few have just shown up at my neighbors house with their bikes and need a place to park their bike trailers and bikes until the parade etc. Well, needless to say that I offered my driveway, side yard, whatever they need. One guy is Marine from Iran/Iraq. One guy (hot) is an Airman from VietNam era that was oh too knowing about the Tet in 1968 when my brother was blown up. We are serving food as are our neighbors. doG bless America.

lbaker
05-26-2006, 06:00 PM
oh, I guess this isn't the place for this :(

Catsnclay
05-26-2006, 06:08 PM
No, I think this is the right spot, just no one has responded, yet! :p

You are a good person to lend some of your property to them.

So.............you going to introduce yourself to that (hot) Airman? :eek: :D :D What are you waiting for?! :D

RedHedd
05-26-2006, 06:22 PM
AACK! Hot Airmen on Harleys? :eek: I'll be right over, Laurie! :D :cool: :p

Logan
05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Laurie, this is a perfect place to post this!!! :) It's dinner time on a holiday weekend. Many just won't see it until later. I'm glad I was here!!

How generous of you to offer up your yard and space for them to park. Enjoy gawking at the hotties!!!! :p

And tell them "thanks" for their service, will you?

Logan

lbaker
05-26-2006, 06:47 PM
Will do Logan. Is that why they say "BAKER, BAKER" oh, maybe it's "BREAKER, BREAKER". My loss ;) All seriousness aside, these guys are great. Logan, the bikers I've been "chatting" to have been from SC and NC. I happen to have some leftover grits from Thursdays. ;)

lbaker
05-26-2006, 06:57 PM
I can hardly stand it. I now have 1/2 dozen Rolling Thunder guys in my back yard playing horse shoes with my son and family and next door neighbors. I had to EXCUSE myself to, um ~ see yah''l later :D

Edwina's Secretary
05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
You're the best Laurie! Wait til I tell Don about all the Harleys in your yard!

Logan
05-26-2006, 07:50 PM
Enjoy yourself, Laurie! Sounds like heaven to me!!! :D

Corinna
05-26-2006, 08:12 PM
All thoiugh hubby isn't a vet we want to one year ride with some freinds to the capitol. Bunch of the local bike group are there this year.

zippy-kat
05-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Aw, Laurie, what a sweetheart you are! (Of course we already knew that but now the hottie airmen know that too. ;) )

Are the critters ok with the noise? I know our's *cringe* whenever dad starts up his hawg. Somehow I imagine your's are much more accepting of anyone and anything - laid back and welcoming, just like their mum. :)

Man, I'll bet that's some site to behold. Pics if ya can?

Bless you for opening your heart and home. Bless them for serving our country.
{hugs}

lbaker
05-27-2006, 05:24 AM
I up early this morn and about to make a run for the store. Want to get some stuff for breakfast bread (and film, but I'll have to send the film thingy to someone to post for me, you know I haven't figured that out yet :rolleyes: troglodyte that I am).

smokey the elder
05-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I saw them in DC in 1990. There were a LOT of riders! I think that's a great tribute. Motorcycle riding groups have also been guarding the funerals of Iraq war dead. There seems to be a strong link between veterans and those who enjoy motorcycles!

slick
05-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I'll have to send the film thingy to someone to post for me, Iffen I'm not too far away you can send it to me. When you get the film developed, ask to get a CD burned. Hey, maybe Cheryl knows how to post them.

What a great weekend you are going to have. Will you try and explain Thursdays and Pet Talk?? ;) :D

kitimom
05-27-2006, 08:12 AM
That is WAY COOL of ya to offer up the yard and all!!! I watch the ride every year on C-SPAN and love it.
Make sure you take lots of pix and who knows, maybe you could get a ride on one of those beauties!!!! (Take any invite ya can, it is ecceptional!!!

Randi
05-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I up early this morn and about to make a run for the store. Want to get some stuff for breakfast bread .....
Perhaps you can get a ride on a Harley to the store. ;) Go for it!! :D

lbaker
05-27-2006, 12:12 PM
HAH! Just ran into neighbor guy, Dr Dick, at the local store. We just looked and chuckled at each other, I thanked him for introducing me to his friends and he said "I thought you could use a lift..." Then he said I'd be seeing more of them :eek: and maybe I'd "get a ride" :eek: :eek: I told him I was counting on it :o They (Rolling Thunder guys) are staying at a motel some miles away and just wanted to have a home base for the trailers and such. I said to Dick, look... I even bought a silly camera. He laughed at me, but in a good way. :D

gini
05-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Laurie, you didn't REALLY serve them leftover grits from Thursdays did you? :D

Does this mean you have forsaken firemen for Harley Dudes?