PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to update you all.

popcornbird
05-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Gosh, I feel soooo out-of-touch with PT. I sometimes wonder if everyone has forgotten me here, due to my long periods of absence. He he he.

Everything's going well here. I just wanted to update you all on my situation.

Some good news:

My husband completed his education in MA and got a job here, right in my hometown...:D...He is starting work this Tuesday. He arrives from Massachusetts on Sunday, this time for good! Yippee! The days of missing him are OVER! :D

Second...we booked an apartment and are getting it on June 15th. It is just 2 miles from home. Hubby will be moving there on the 15th. I will remain with my parents and move with him after the wedding reception.

The big day is.....

JULY 9TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Everything's all set, even the menu! We got a hall for the wedding. Only thing left is to book a hotel room, but that's it. We need to buy decoration supplies too, to decorate the house, the hall, AND our apartment. Anyone have some good decoration ideas/suggestions? I'm open to ideas on that. I was thinking about what would look nice on the tables. Flower vases? Floating candles? Rose petals? Any better ideas? The tiels will be moving with us a few days after the wedding...maybe on July 12th or 13th. They'll stay at home with my family for a few days. My family hopefully won't miss them too much. We'll be so close, so whenever I come home (which will probably be ALMOST every day), the tiels will come with me. They do have Emmy the cat with them though. ;)

My uncle from England is coming to attend my wedding. Uncle in Vancouver, Canada will be driving down to attend too with his family. Possibly my uncle in Chicago...and maybe my aunt in England. My husband's parents are most likely coming (if they can get visa), and some relatives that live locally.

Gosh, so much to do, so much to think of. I am VERY excited...no longer stressed out about leaving my family as I'll be right here. I'm SO thankful and grateful to God for answering all my prayers. So excited. So excited. Here comes the start of a new life...

...which might mean, my routine will change and I may no longer have much time for PT... :(

But don't worry about me. I'll be fine and might check in every now and then. ;) I will try my best to keep in touch once things settle down.

Oh...btw...the tiels LOVE their new daddy. Popcorn starts singing everytime he sees him. It is SO funny...but sweet. :D

JenBKR
05-26-2006, 12:52 PM
YAY sounds like everything is falling into place! :D I wish you the very best of luck and I hope all goes well...do you think you'll be able to post a few pictures of the wedding? We'd love to see them!

CagneyDog
05-26-2006, 01:02 PM
I wish you the best of luck :) Update as often as possible.

Aw, and that's great that the tiels love him. How sweet :D

RobiLee
05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Hello Poppy! It's so good to hear from you. Such an exciting time for you. I can help but wish that we could see some pictures of your wedding reception. I would love to see you in that fabulous gown ;).

I'm wishing you all the best!

{{HUGS}}

shihtzulover850
05-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Wish you good luck and congrats!!!

Rachel
05-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm so very happy for you. Do you have any plans for continuing your education and a career? Please do stay in touch. You have so much to offer to this board.

jenluckenbach
05-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Glad to hear from you (except for the "I might not have time for PT" part). Just remember, just because some things change, others do not have to. We'll still be here and you should be also.

Have a great wedding!!!!

My Peanuts
05-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Good to hear from you and good luck with everything. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
OH im sooo glad to hear everything is going so well for you!!!

I bet you are so excited!! Your big day is coming up soon!!!! :D

As far as decorating... I love ROSS!! I'm not sure if you have one where you live... but they have the cutest things to decorate with and aren't very expensive!!

Glad to hear from you!! Make sure you check back in SOON after the wedding to tell us all about it!! :D

Karen
05-26-2006, 02:23 PM
So good to hear from you, and that things are going well! And especially that Popcorn likes his new daddy, that made me grin!

We were at a wedding in April that had a very tall clear glass vase with just an orchid in the vase, and then a bouquet on top of that - it was great because it let everyone see across the table at each other. We all thought it was a great idea.

Alysser
05-26-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm happy for you! I hope all goes well and wish you the best of luck with your wedding. :)

Vermontcat
05-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the update Popcornbird.
It's nice to hear from you and that everything is going so well for you. :)

finn's mom
05-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow, sounds like a great new start! I'm glad that you get to be near your family, that's important! And, how sweet that your bird approves! July 9th, wow, that is close! Sounds like you are handling it all very well, and, don't worry about it, no news is good news. ;) So, live your life, and, drop in when you can!

Ginger's Mom
05-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Great to hear from you! And it is especially good to hear that things are falling into place so well for you. I am very excited for you. Will send out good vibes for you and your husband. Please check in when you can.

Edwina's Secretary
05-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Our little girl is getting married.....sniffle, sniffle!! I am so happy for you PCB....

A blessing on your heads!

AmberLee
05-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I can't remember if one offers the bride Good Luck and the groom Congratulations or the other way around, so... I'll offer both to you both. So glad things are working out well for you.

Warm regards!

Cataholic
05-26-2006, 08:38 PM
WAH! He he he...I think you should make up some tiny little bird's nest for the centerpieces, and fill them with some candy eggs! I would like that. :D

smokey the elder
05-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Welcome back! Congratulations and good luck! I'm glad the tiels approve of the groom. It's always good to see family you haven't seen in awhile.

captain
05-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh Poppy!
Congratulations on your new life, starting together on 9th July.

I wish you both everything of the best ..... and every happiness.

How happy I was to read how much the tiels love their new Daddy ..... :D

trayi52
05-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Glad to hear everything is falling into place for you, Poppy! Makes me very happy to know you have found somebody that you love and that gets along with your tiels too. Good luck in your future life, Poppy, may you know only happiness.

Willie :)

catnapper
05-29-2006, 09:00 AM
How exciting! You'll have a wonderful life together, I can just tell! What a fairy Tale! I'm so happy for you -- I know you're just glowing right now :)

gini
05-30-2006, 12:39 AM
WAH! He he he...I think you should make up some tiny little bird's nest for the centerpieces, and fill them with some candy eggs! I would like that. :D

Now that is one cute idea.

I wish you great joy - on your wedding day - and every day of your married life.

We hope you will share pictures with us - and I hope that you will set up your computer in your new home - and gosh, it really only takes a minute to pop in to Pet Talk and tell us how you are doing.

popcornbird
06-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Another quick update!

Only 10 days left!! The big day is getting closer and closer, and things are getting busier and busier!!! Next week will be super duper busy. 4 days in a row, we have guests coming.

First my husband's parents. Then, my uncle and aunt. Then, my other uncle, aunt, son, daughter, and another aunt. Then, my other uncle and aunt. Gosh. By the time everyone is here, there will be just 2 days left. I just KNOW we're ALL going to be exausted by the time the wedding is over. I'm already getting tired! It is such a wonderful, happy time for the family, but having so many relatives coming from abroad is making preparations a little more tiring.

Our apartment is all set and ready. My parents are the most wonderful parents in the WORLD, and have already done SO much for us to help us get started in life, even though they didn't have to. They took us to the furniture store to find our what we liked, and bought us furniture (a whole cherry wood bedroom set and sofa & loveseat) as a wedding gift, along with so many other things we would need. My brother is also the absolute BEST brother in the world. :D He got us a lovely glass-top coffee table, two matching end tables, a vaccuum cleaner, 3 lamps, a beautiful water fountain, and a gold necklace for me. :eek: I don't know how I could possibly thank them for all they've done for us. We got a computer desk and book shelf ourselves. We need to get stools for the kitchen nook, and we're all set. No need for a dining table now...I'd rather leave some empty space in the house. The apartment looks lovely all set up. :D Its brand new, and we'll be the first people to ever live in the unit. I'm so happy we have a washer and dryer inside the unit too. Muffin already went to see it ;)...but Popcorn hasn't gone yet. Perhaps I will take him this weekend. Muffin thought the elevator was amazing! :D Her expressions inside the elevator were just SO funny. The BEST part thing about the apartment? It is ONLY 3 minutes from home, so hopefully, I can see my family all the time. :D

We finally decided on a centerpiece for the tables at the reception, and I wanted to show it to you all. What do you think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/popcornbird/flower1.jpg

I thought it would look even nicer if there were two little tiels sitting at the edge of the doilies, but I would need 50 tiels for that, and they'd all have to be very well-behaved too...so...not possible. :D

That's all for now. ;)

sirrahbed
06-30-2006, 04:02 AM
Poppy it is so good to hear from you and to read about all of your happy plans!!

The table flowers look just beautiful - the vases are so elegant. Yes tiels too? :D well maybe not such a good idea....

How exciting for you to have a brand new apartment to start your life together with your new husband. Your family has been so sweet and generous to help get things you will need. I know it will be a happy place for you :) Will be so fun to decorate and add little touches to make it a home.

(((HUGS))) to you.

Rachel
06-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Poppy, I am elated for you as I can tell that you are experiencing a truly joyful time in your life. You are well prepared and so fortunate to have a caring and generous family, all of whom want to celebrate with you on this very special occasion.

Be prepared for a few bumps in the road as living with someone else, even someone you love dearly, has its challenges. Sometimes its the littlest things that can be the most annoying. But being young you and your husband should be able to adapt quickly and proceed with marital bliss. :cool:

Your table decorations are a good selection....very elegant. Congratulations to your new husband on the securing of a job so quickly and having a brand new apartment is going to be so much fun. With your personal touch, you will soon be calling that *home*. We will be thinking about you on your day.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-30-2006, 06:13 AM
So glad to hear from you again!! It is so great that your hubby found a job in your neighbourhood!
That centerpiece looks gorgeous!!!

Cookiebaker
06-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Poppy, I am soooo happy for you. I can just feel your happiness through every word of your posts on this page. :D Best wishes as you start your new life together, and many, many years to come.

ramanth
06-30-2006, 09:18 AM
I love your centerpieces! If I can give you any advice seeing as I have one day to go is to just breathe. It may sound silly but just sit back, meditate, anything to relax.

And don't sweat the small stuff. :)

You're day will be beautiful!

sasvermont
06-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Popcornbird,

How wonderful that everything is working out so smoothly for you and your family. Everyone here, I do believe, respects you so, and holds you close to their hearts. You are, in my opinion, right up there on the chart of "kind and wonderful people to know". I feel sure your married life will be good and that your rewards will keep coming to you both, as well as your family.

Be true to yourself AND don't forget to let others in to your world to share your joy.

Have a wonderful day, week, time of your life. You will have such fond memories, I am sure.

Sas and her Campers

Karen
06-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Your centerpiece is lovely - even without the tiels. I know two little tiels who would of course behave perectly, but 48 others would be just asking for trouble! It's similar to the one I liked from the wedding I was at in April!

How exciting, it's getting close, and I am glad you know you need not be anxious about being away from home. You can start your new life with your husband, but your "old life" will be nearby!

jackie
06-30-2006, 03:59 PM
The centre pieces look lovely, and congrats on your big day!