PDA

View Full Version : Archery? Does anyone?

finn's mom
05-26-2006, 11:12 AM
So, I have always wanted to try archery, and, finally got the chance this past weekend. I loved it, and, I wasn't bad at it. I almost got a bullseye, but, most of mine went into hay instead of targets. But, all of my shots were straight, which is good, I guess. :) So, anyway, just wondering if anyone participates in this sport. :)

CagneyDog
05-26-2006, 11:22 AM
I've always wanted to try Archery but I've never had the oppurtunity to! You're lucky!

Miss Z
05-26-2006, 11:26 AM
My brother does! He is nine years old and his school runs an after-hours archery club, and he's actually pretty good. He's out at the moment but I will ask him if he has any tips for you when he gets back.:)

WolvesRawk
05-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Its a requirement at my school. Fun sport. I'm pretty good at it.

shihtzulover850
05-26-2006, 01:09 PM
nope never tried it. I probably would end up hurting someone!lol :D

zippy-kat
05-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I used to in high school!

I had a blast and even took first in a few competitions! My dad was my traveling/shooting buddy. When I left for college, we both just sorta lost interest in the competitions and never picked it back up. :(

I'm glad you had fun! :)

lbaker
05-26-2006, 01:45 PM
My high school offered it as well. I was pretty good. Once the string burns the inside of your arm you learn rather quickly the correct way to hold the bow :rolleyes: ;)

k9krazee
05-26-2006, 01:45 PM
My dad used to go to competitions while he was in high school and exposed us kids to it early. I haven't picked up a bow in a long time though, I used to be pretty good, not sure how I would be now, lol.

finn's mom
05-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey, thanks everyone, for your replies! I really hope to be able to find a place to participate in some target shooting. I think it would be a lot of fun to pick it up as a hobby. :)

Once the string burns the inside of your arm you learn rather quickly the correct way to hold the bow :rolleyes: ;)

hahaha, yeah, i had ten shots, and, i burned my arm once. :D it hurt like crap at first, but, thank goodness, only for a minute!

Alysser
05-26-2006, 02:40 PM
I used to about two years ago or maybe three. I was ok but I quit because I got bored of it! I do it occasionally now and it was kind of fun. I got a bullseye twice. I've never been to any competitions though, it was just something like a hobby with my dad. :) Good luck to you Kari! I hope you can start.

sammy101
05-26-2006, 02:42 PM
I've nver done it but it looks fun. I have to do Archery in P.E next year.

joanofark
05-26-2006, 06:26 PM
I've been homeschooled for a few years, but I'm going back to Public shcool. I read that the high school has archary, and I want to do it SOOOO bad! It sounds like a lot of fun, i can't wait!! :D

Oggyflute
05-26-2006, 09:36 PM
I had a lash at it when I was a teenager. I was actually quite surprised at how difficult it really is.

Corinna
05-26-2006, 11:36 PM
I used to just to bug my brother (I could do better than he)My dad tried to make me compete I hated it. so let my bro win so dad took him. I enjoyed just shooting.