PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Memorial Weekend Plans?

elizabethann
05-26-2006, 10:05 AM
What's everybody doing this weekend?

I'm on baby watch (my Neice is expecting her first baby and I have to dog sit for her & her hubby once the baby decides to come out).

I may go up to the White Mountains for a day and I may catch a movie another day (Da Vinci or Over the Hedge). Other than that, nothing else is planned. Kind of a slow holiday for me.

Anybody doing anything this weekend? Just curious. :)

kuhio98
05-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Unfortunately, I'll be working all weekend. :(

Karen
05-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Driving to Findlay for the big Pet Talk gathering!

Just got back from Dad's house, we went and planted flowers on the graves this morning, for my mom, my brother and sister who died as infants, my paternal grandparents, great-grandparents, and great uncles and aunts.

We were pleasantly surprised this year that the itty bitty cemetary where my great-grandparents (the French-Canuck branch) are buried has actually been maintained well, as a couple years ago, we had to drag fallen branches off the gravesites.

catnapper
05-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I work all weekend, but Monday will hopefully be a day to go to the HUGE outlet center. It all depends on whether someone pays me the $800 they owe me :rolleyes:

RobiLee
05-26-2006, 10:38 AM
My nephew's graduation party is tomorrow and Sunday I will be at the Findlay gathering. On Memorial day itself I will probably be relaxing :D

king2005
05-26-2006, 10:58 AM
As I had mine last weekend, this weekend is just a normal weekend & will be filled with sleeping & dog sitting lol

Cataholic
05-26-2006, 11:03 AM
We have LOTS of plans: we are planting in the yard on Saturday, the zoo on Sunday morning, a friend's graduation party Sunday afternoon, Kay on Monday afternoon, and a trial that begins on Tuesday. So, the rest of the weekend is work, work, work!

LeahMM
05-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Tomorrow I will be taking Alex to the vet. He needs his rabies vaccination and he's coughing. Paws crossed that it's not kennel cough and just a URI. After the not so fun morning we will be going to Salsa Fest at our local Nursery to buy my hubbys Hot Pepper plants.

Sunday and Monday will probably be work in the yard days. It's been raining for over a week and my grass is almost to my knees. It's been impossible to poop scoop. :(

lv4dogs
05-26-2006, 11:32 AM
I'll be driving to Findlay tomorrow morning and into the afternoon. Then we'll be meeting up with Pat (cyber-cibes) & her husband JoJoe for a trip to the dog park & then to her house for dinner. Yummy! Then off to bed early so are rested up for the big dog park gathering on Sunday! Monday we're sleeping in then heading down to Coldwwater to visit my BEST friend who I have not seen in 8-8.5 years!!!! We'll visit with her for the rest of the week.

Gosh I am so excited! :D

Donnaj4962
05-26-2006, 12:04 PM
No major plans here, other than some sunworshipping by the pool! :cool: :cool: :cool:

The weather is supposed to be very nice, sunny and warm, so I will take advantage of that!

I have some more flowers to buy and plant, so will get that done as well.

Nice and relaxing.... just the way that I like it! :cool:

crazy_caique
05-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Zippy and me will be watching law and order:CI all day on mermorial day. :D

Rie Rie
05-26-2006, 04:46 PM
May boil crabs with the nieghbors on Mon., depends if they find any on thier way back from fishing.

Cincy'sMom
05-26-2006, 04:57 PM
We haven't decided for tomorrow and Monday yet, but Sunday is busy, busy!!

First we are off to Findlay to the Dog Park, then wehead up to Sylvania for a graduation party,and then we'll head over to a friend's in South Toledo for a another gathering!! We'll probablly be going from about 11am til well after midnight!!!

Karen
05-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Driving to Findlay for the big Pet Talk gathering!

Alas, nope, we cannot go. Paul is on the couch with ice on his knee as I type this, he tore cartilage in his right knee and cannot walk.

So I'll be hanging around home this weekend, sadly, we were so looking forward to seeing everyone!

Logan
05-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh dear. I'm so sorry that Paul has injured his knee!!!!! :( Paul, I hope that you will be able to get healed without surgery. I know the folks in Ohio are going to miss you both!

Logan

RedHedd
05-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm going to a "welcome our new puppy" barbecue at a friend's house! I'll bring something to barbecue and something for the puppy :)

Logan
05-26-2006, 06:33 PM
RedHead, I'm sorry I didn't note you had a new puppy! We'll be doing the exact same thing!!!! :D Isn't it fun???

RedHedd
05-26-2006, 06:39 PM
RedHead, I'm sorry I didn't note you had a new puppy! We'll be doing the exact same thing!!!! :D Isn't it fun???
No, not ME - my friends! LOL! My cats would KILL me if I got a puppy! :D I have to go shopping and get a "welcome puppy" gift or barbecuable treat for Grover, the puppy.

animal_rescue
05-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Tomorrow I'm going to a party in Ill with the family, Sunday I'm celebrating my mom's b-day and then going to a teen club, and on Monday I have a riding lesson.

Uabassoon
05-26-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm working, but I'm happy for that because I get holiday pay!

luvofallhorses
05-26-2006, 07:27 PM
my brother is spending the weekend with us. He is coming tomorrow. :D and staying until Monday. :) I am not all sure what we have planned, though. I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

Alysser
05-26-2006, 07:31 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing. No family is having a party and we aren't. Me and my dad may go biking tommorow. I really don't know. I just hope everyone has a fanastic weekend! :D

RedHedd
05-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Ah sometimes life is rough. Now I've been invited to yet another barbecue on Monday and it's my friend's Birthday. Decisions, decisions .... dancing under the sun or petting a new puppy. It's tough being popular! :D

K9karen
05-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Suppose to go to a huge block party on Saturday. Sunday, a BBQ at John's son's house, and Monday is still undecided. I'm so glad, despite being hurt, I can still go out cause I'm not permitted to do anything around the house but rest!
Sorry Paul is injured, Karen. i hope he doesn't need surgery. If I had really really thought about it earlier, I would have loved to go to the PT Ohio reunion! Next year, for sure...is Phred going?

joycenalex
05-27-2006, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=Cataholic]We have LOTS of plans: we are planting in the yard on Saturday...
*chanting* yard work! yard work!
mine is almost done, my dearest friends are here with my 2 young nieces, we'll plant the final 5 planters, 2 are going on the front porch, the other 3 will be in a sunny spot at the end of the driveway. the girls will get to pick out the flowers for the sunny spot pots. my nieces are adopted from china, so we'll go to the picnic for families with children from china this weekend at the franklin park conservatory.
paul, i hope you feel better soon, i'm having knee surgery in july, so i can imagine how much your tear hurts. it was hard for me to learn how to use the crutches and then the cane for walking, i felt ungainly. good luck!

Cookiebaker
05-27-2006, 06:25 AM
A couple of months ago, Mark won an achievement award at work. If we lived down near head quarters (Memphis) the prize would have been this fancy dinner out with the rest of the company. Since we aren't, we get $150.00 dinner for two to the restaurant of our choice. :cool: We haven't had a chance to do that yet, and we are planning on going on Monday night. Vermontcat will know the restaurant that we are going to, since we went there for lunch once. It's called Fire & Ice, and its in Middlebury, VT. :D

PinkSunshine
05-27-2006, 02:56 PM
I work all weekend, there aren't any holidays in retail :mad:

Vermontcat
05-27-2006, 04:16 PM
A couple of months ago, Mark won an achievement award at work. If we lived down near head quarters (Memphis) the prize would have been this fancy dinner out with the rest of the company. Since we aren't, we get $150.00 dinner for two to the restaurant of our choice. :cool: We haven't had a chance to do that yet, and we are planning on going on Monday night. Vermontcat will know the restaurant that we are going to, since we went there for lunch once. It's called Fire & Ice, and its in Middlebury, VT. :D

Yummy! My favorite restaurant! :D
The last time I ate there was a few months ago when my parents came up to visit.
Let me know if you need help spending some of that money, you can always get some desserts to go or get a gift certificate to use in the future.
Did you make a reservation already? Since it is a holiday weekend I would recommend it. (They open at 5 PM on Mondays)
Do you still have my home phone #? I will be home that afternoon and evening if you want to call or maybe stop by. :)

So far my weekend plans were to clean house today and to weed my flowerbeds and plant some flowers that I had not had time to plant on all of our rainy days this month.
Tomorrow I plan to plant some sunflower seeds in one or two of the flowerbeds I weeded today.
Tomorrow afternoon I take my daughter to her horseback riding lesson.
I just love hanging out with the horses. :)
Monday morning we will be going to our local Memorial Day Parade.
My daughter will be in it with her school band and I plan to take lots of photos.

cocker_luva
05-27-2006, 04:51 PM
PARTY! PARTY! PARTY! parents are gone allllll weekend.

Roxyluvsme13
05-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Wishing to go to the PT meeting, but probably sitting here on my butt doing nothing.

cyber-sibes
05-28-2006, 08:01 AM
We're going to the PT pic nic in Findlay today! Sue (lv4dogs) and Joe were over for dinner last night. Kaige, Indy, Star & Sherman all had a great time together last night. Then on memorial Day, I'm going to plant some flowers, and friends of ours from IL are going to spend the evening/night with us on their way through OH. Have a great weekend everyone!