PDA

View Full Version : Vacation suggestion.......if.......

Husky_mom
05-25-2006, 03:38 PM
well one thing i have to deal with is with hubby´s indecision (like if hadn´t enough with mine LOL) first "we" plan to go somewhere and last minute he decides better not or better this other place, so i´m in the quest of providing various places to go, as well mention things to see at that place, and of course being on budget (hard one LOL)

actually i´m looking for a place mainly to relax, since we are going with my 2yr old kid and we dont wanna leave him out of the pleasure of vacationing (cant get in certain rides, cant go certain places and such) maybe go visit some lake, check out a river or something, as i said mainly do nothing but get some fresh air (at least different air from here LOL) cause in a city theres always somewhere to go and you walk and walk and walk and get more tired than relaxed and right now we need RELAXATION TOTALE (i know they are not words :p )

secondly we plan to go "wherever" we are going (if we finally do :rolleyes: ) around the first two weeks of august since its when we have vacations from work/school.

also we dont need to spend 1000´s dlls ea. we will be departing from El Paso, TX and returning at same place.

so if you can provide/facilitate/guide/suggest me a place to go and what to do would be great, it doesnt matter if its your hometown, i personally dont know it so if it may be boring to you i still dont know it so i´ll have to go and see for myself :p :D

thanks
Isabel

Roxyluvsme13
05-26-2006, 12:55 PM
TN!!! Which is probably over $1000..but honestly we have lots of mountains, even though it's a city, and we have plenty of lakes and rivers and such..the Western and Middle parts of TN are..er..different, and I mean the east. We have bunches of campgrounds, rivers, mountains, etc. No. I'm not just suggesting here so you could meet me;), although that would be nice. Anyways, I hope I helped o__O.

shihtzulover850
05-26-2006, 02:03 PM
There are lots of places in the us that are awesome! In the rockys appalachians and pocconos there are vacation resorts. You should consider it!! Since you are going to texas the Grand Canyon is also something you should consider! :D

Miss Z
05-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Ever been to Europe? Menorca has some gorgeous beaches and is lovely and quiet for a relaxing holiday :) There's a fair few things to keep kids entertained too. I would also recommend Turkey (although that's not quite Europe;) ), but there are some very built up places in Turkey so you have to find the right place. I don't know how expensive these places would be from where you are. Turkey is quite cheap as it's a developing country in the tourist aspect. When we went last year, we stayed in a 3 bedroomed private villa with a private pool in peak season for 2 weeks, and it wasn't a lot more than £600 (just for the villa). If you want any more details on Turkey then send me a pm, there's loads I can tell you about it :D

joanofark
05-27-2006, 07:03 PM
Ahhhh, Kentucky!! :D hehe. In southern Ky there is the Cumberland Lake and Cumberland falls. There is a lot of cabins you can rent and campgrounds really close to the lake. There are certain areas you can go swimming in the water, Rent a boat and stay in a cove all day or go hiking. There is really sweet people there too. :)

Husky_mom
06-05-2006, 11:44 AM
thanks for your suggestions, i´ll be conseidering them, as far as Europe we´ll have to pass for now its a bit expensive and our kid is just 2 so we want to make it worth it and maybe when he can remember he ever went there LOL, but anyway thanks i appreciate your suggestions...........

i was also thinking TN or Alabama or Miami or Arizona or.........i cant decide LOL

keep em coming please..........

Roxyluvsme13
06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
If you came to TN you know you would have to come meet me ;)

Husky_mom
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
of course.........that would be a definite thing to do........ :D

Roxyluvsme13
06-05-2006, 01:15 PM
of course.........that would be a definite thing to do........ :D
:D I hope you pick TN, then ^^

.sarah
06-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Come visit me in Florida, I'll show you around! ;)

I've been to Tennessee once before, and it was just beautiful. I have been ragging my mom the last couple of years to go back. Mississippi is also beautiful, and so is Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Colarado, and ... uhh I think those are all the states I've been to :p Actually no, I've been to Washington DC and Virginia as well, and they are nice too. ;)

There are two vacations that I really want to do. One - I would be going to Tennessee to go stay in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains again. When I was there we stayed in a cabin and fished in lakes, hiked, and did other "woodsy" things. We also went to Dollywood (http://www.vacationsmadeeasy.com/GatlinburgPigeonForgeAreaTN/activity/Dollywood.cfm?CFID=10030955&CFTOKEN=d0adeb0b9f8b5d63-A56141B2-CC1C-9E75-AA1A4028E45DC959) (Dolly Parton's amusement park), which was really, really neat. She has a really cool park. It was a while ago, but I remember it having rides as well as little shops. They had things like people making glass figures, candle making shops, chocolate shops, etc. It was a really great vacation, and I am dying to go again! :D

The other vacation I want to go on is to Fernandina Beach (Amelia Island), FL (http://www.fernandinabeach.com/index.cfm). It is near Jacksonville, FL. This was another favorite vacation of mine, I went this past December. Someone on this board lives there, but I'm not sure if she wants people to know or not so I'll let her speak up if she wants to ;) I am going again this summer with my friends and probably either Nova or Buck, or both. It is a very pet-friendly city. It is very small, but very relaxing. It is just gorgeous there too. There is not a whole lot to do besides relax, shop, and mingle, but that's what you wanted, right? ;) The people there were very, very nice and very helpful. We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast which gives you the feeling that you are right at home. I loved it there. I'd move there in a heartbeat but the people's yards are so small (the island is very tiny), and I want acreage.

Here are a few pictures from my Fernandina trip.
http://southernmutt.com/photos/ai/IMG_1815.jpg
http://southernmutt.com/photos/ai/IMG_1894.jpg
http://southernmutt.com/photos/ai/IMG_1851.jpg
http://southernmutt.com/photos/ai/IMG_1902.jpg

Roxyluvsme13
06-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Sarah, you need to come back to TN, too :D. I forgot to mention the Smokey Mountains and Dollywood :p.

Anita Cholaine
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
I want to go to TN too! Or to Florida, or Kentucky, or anywhere, actually :p

ramanth
06-05-2006, 02:19 PM
We're honeymooning in TN and I'm looking forward to it. Looks like it'll be a nice relaxing time. :D

MI has some nice relaxing spots, I think, but then again, I'm biased. :D

Mackinaw Island is a blast!

Roxyluvsme13
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
We're honeymooning in TN and I'm looking forward to it. Looks like it'll be a nice relaxing time. :D

MI has some nice relaxing spots, I think, but then again, I'm biased. :D

Mackinaw Island is a blast!
Where in TN are you honeymooning at? :)

ramanth
06-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Where in TN are you honeymooning at? :)
Gatlinburg. :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Gatlinburg. :)
Have fun! I absolutely love it there :D.