PDA

View Full Version : Everyone *HAS* to see this.

Sevaede
05-25-2006, 01:18 AM
LOOK AT THAT MOUSE! O_O http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/oukoe_uk_australia_pets

G535
05-25-2006, 03:40 AM
Don't judge us all by that news item, there are NO fat cats in this household! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-25-2006, 04:51 AM
:eek:

Alysser
05-25-2006, 05:51 AM
OMG! :eek: He needs do go on the wheel a bunch of times to lose that weight! :p

shihtzulover850
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
hehehe!!!! :D

k9krazee
05-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh my! :eek: How very sad!

And I like how it said this...
"Dogs most at risk were Labradors, Beagles...."

And watch out if you have a Lab/Beagle mix, hehe. I know that if Jack was allowed to eat all day he would! Overwieght pets are one of my biggest pet peeves though, so no worries here!

Sevaede
05-26-2006, 12:20 AM
OMG! :eek: He needs do go on the wheel a bunch of times to lose that weight! :p

Ahaha! Yep! :D

Sevaede
05-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh my! :eek: How very sad!

And I like how it said this...
"Dogs most at risk were Labradors, Beagles...."

And watch out if you have a Lab/Beagle mix, hehe. I know that if Jack was allowed to eat all day he would! Overwieght pets are one of my biggest pet peeves though, so no worries here!

Sounds like Willy even though Willy is a Doxie/Bassett Hound. :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-26-2006, 05:47 AM
Poor mouse! I bet he is miserable that fat! :(

Chilli
05-26-2006, 06:56 AM
Actually, a good friend of mine owns a pair of mice, that are obese, much like the one in the picture. They don't appear to mind the extra weight, and seem happy. I would think it would effect how long they live, though...

lute
05-26-2006, 08:02 AM
poor mouse!!! :( don't people know that having an obese animal is just a cruel as having a skinny animal!

Miss Z
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
:( :( :( That is cruelty. Making an animal obese like that is really sick, IMO. What kind of a life is that for the poor mouse, and any other pet that fat? Not one that I would like any of my pets to go through, I would feel AWFUL for doing that to them.

A couple of years ago, there was a dalmatian on an animal programme who had been extremely overfed by his owner, and I mean overfed to the limit. You could barely see this poor dogs thighs for all the rolls of fat. Vets tried to save him, but they were too late and he died of a huge heart attack. There was also a rabbit who was extremely obese, and they decided to put her down instead of letting her suffer breathing difficulties, blood clots and ultimately a heart attack. From watching that on the television and seeing how these animals lives were ruined due to carelessness, I've become very bitter about overfeeding. It is as cruel as not feeding at all. That poor mouse, and seeing as small animals have pretty weak hearts anyway, I do not think he lived long at all.:( This type of cruelty has to stop as it is a terrible way to destroy a much loved pet.:( :( :mad:

IRescue452
05-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Poor mousie. Its kinda like the people in Britain not realizing that having poor dental practices is bad for your health- an infection in the teeth, if it were to spread to the jawbone, can be fatal. At least in America we have the most people who are trying to eat right or trying to stay healthy. On a good note, Autumn has already lost 3 pounds this summer and is getting closer to her ideal weight. If only I could do the same.

Miss Z
05-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Its kinda like the people in Britain not realizing that having poor dental practices is bad for your health- an infection in the teeth, if it were to spread to the jawbone, can be fatal.

I know what you mean, thankfully my dentist is reputable but there are some rubbish ones around here. More and more people are turning to private dentists as the NHS is so corrupt at the moment. A lot of people don't go to the dentist because they don't like them. Most of my family (ie uncles, grandparents etc, not parents) don't go to the dentist.

At least in America we have the most people who are trying to eat right or trying to stay healthy.

There are plenty of people who stay healthy here too. The whole '5 a day' thing is everywhere nowadays.

That was slightly off topic, I know:rolleyes: :p

IRescue452
05-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I know, I wasn't trying to sound like its only here, but it seems fad diets are soooo popular here, even though fad diets aren't exactly healthy. Can you imagine how many people tried atkins? I hope nobody reading this tried it because I don't want to sound mean but how dense can one be to go on a diet of red meat?

Miss Z
05-26-2006, 12:33 PM
I know, I wasn't trying to sound like its only here, but it seems fad diets are soooo popular here, even though fad diets aren't exactly healthy. Can you imagine how many people tried atkins? I hope nobody reading this tried it because I don't want to sound mean but how dense can one be to go on a diet of red meat?

Yeah I know, blurgh! That's not just because I'm vegetarian but a diet like that just makes me feel sick. It's OK, I knew you weren't getting at us Brits;)