PDA

View Full Version : SE Pet Talk Gathgering Continues!

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-08-2002, 12:45 PM
OK. So are we having two separate gatherings? One in Atlanta and One in DC?

How about we decided on a time?!
My vote is sometime in the summer!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-08-2002, 02:13 PM
If we are having two meetings I could go to the one in Atlanta anytime........ If we were only having one in D.C. I would have to see if I could get some time off.
Anytime is fine with me summer fall whatever I CAN'T WAIT.:D

Fuzzy317
05-08-2002, 05:27 PM
I vote summer.

Next is when and where?
How about late in July? so we don't conflict with July 4 parties.
I don't recall places mentioned besides Stone Mountain, but I am sure there has to be other places we could have it. (There is a PAWfest (http://www.gwinnetthumane.com/pawfest/pawfest2002.htm) in Larenceville, Ga this weekend, so there has to be other places)

AmberLee
05-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Oh, shucky darn ... unless something major changes I can't make July or August at all. I was a long shot anyway so make your plans to meet your needs. (I'll try very hard not to pout too much ;) )Everybody have a GREAT time!

delidog
05-08-2002, 09:32 PM
how did the location poll turn out???

what location had the most votes?????
both are great places...

Fuzzy317
05-08-2002, 09:40 PM
Well there were 7 Atlanta, 10 DC votes. To be honest, a DC meeting doesn't seem S.E. to me.

delidog
05-08-2002, 09:50 PM
how do people feel say to atlanta in the summer...d.c. in the fall???
the leaves are beautiful in d.c. in the fall
atlanta might be a little more bearable in the summer....even though it is further south...there is no escaping the heat in d.c. or n.y.c. in the summer....it is unbearable....especially if people bring their pets....

mruffruff
05-09-2002, 11:10 AM
I like the idea of two meetings. I'd love to attend both! I'm not too sure of the summer in Atlanta though. Hot & sticky isn't my idea of fun. Is there somewhere near Atlanta that might be of a higher elevation (therefore cooler) where we could meet? Or is it only hot & sticky in SC in the summer?

Mary

Logan
05-09-2002, 11:17 AM
Mary is right!!! Atlanta is just as hot as we get in SC. In fact, it will be 90 today, here! Can't imagine what Columbia, Atlanta and some of the other southern cities are getting, temperature wise!

I was thinking that if we met in Georgia, maybe we could head towards the mountains a bit. What about Helen, GA?? Not too far from Atlanta or SC, and much cooler, with those wonderful lazy river rides. I'm sure there are other places up there as well. I have a friend that owns a hotel there. If he can't put us all up, he can surely recommend something else.

I probably won't be bringing my dogs, regardless, only because it would limit what I could do outside of the hotel. Lilly would tear the door down if I left her in a hotel room, alone.

Helen and I would like to try DC too, especially in the fall. Obviously, her schedule dictates mine, so we'll have to play that by ear, but I would certainly love to do both trips, although Georgia is a much easier trip for me. We would be glad to try and arrange to pick up at the airport if necessary to drive to wherever we decide to go. I'd go out of my way for a Pet Talker, anyday!!

delidog
05-12-2002, 04:40 AM
so are there any thoughts on a date???

lbaker
05-13-2002, 06:55 AM
If it is D.C. I can only agree TOTALLY that Fall would be better. July in D.C. can be a sauna and would make walking around the monuments and zoo a trial.

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-13-2002, 07:31 AM
Logan, Helen, GA is a great location! They have many things to do and it is much cooler than ATL.

Fall would work for me just as Smmer would.

jackiesdaisy1935
05-13-2002, 10:44 AM
I think it would be really hot and humid in Georgia in the summer, I think early fall would be good. We go to palm springs and the temperature is in the 90s but it is dry. But we have to go day to day so I don't want to interfer in any plans. We will see if we can make it depending on the situation.
Jackie