PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #161 - Macky's Back!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-24-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't know why, but when I read about Mack (Logan's new puppy (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=105362)) I thought of Mack the Knife (http://www.bobbydarin.net/macklyrics.html) and for some reason that seemed like a good theme for Thrusdays.....unless something had already been agreed upon last week that I missed. ;)

Somehow a dry martini seems appropriate with Macky. Don't know if Lemon Drop Martinis are considered "dry" but they sound like a good DOTD anyway, so whaddya say? Lemon Drop 'tinis all around? :)

gini
05-24-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't know if Logan's Mack is going to be Mack the Knife or Mack the Truck........but either way he sure won my heart.

Lemon Drops? Ummmpphhh,,,,,groan,,,,,,geeze Slick, did you have to shove me out of the way like that to get to one? :D :D

It's pretty early - so I will drop by later and join you.

Edwina's Secretary
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I wanted that song at my wedding! Btw....each month when Laurie returns from the Mississippi that song runs through my head....."now that Mackie's back in town...."

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2006, 10:58 AM
I love that song for some reason!!! :D

I think onion rings are in order! I haven't had them in a loooong time.
A cherry root beer to wash them down sounds great too!

Cheers to Logan and Macky!!!! :D

slick
05-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Somehow a dry martini seems appropriate with Macky. Don't know if Lemon Drop Martinis are considered "dry" but they sound like a good DOTD anyway, so whaddya say? Lemon Drop 'tinis all around? :)
My goodness, it's only just after 9am here and I'm already smacking my lips for a Lemon Drop. :eek: :p

So let me guess. You have names for your knives??? I know Gini's car is Scotty and mine is Sir James but naming a carving knife??? :confused:

One LD to go please. Have a good day everyone. :)

Killearn Kitties
05-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Oh the shark has ...

I do like that song. I hope it's on the jukebox here, or I might consider singing it myself. :eek:

Cocktail hour here, so I will try a lemon drop martini if you please.

trayi52
05-24-2006, 12:03 PM
I'll take a DOTD, sounds yummy! Push and shove to get it too!

Willie :D

Logan
05-24-2006, 01:05 PM
It took me a minute to realize that Sara (Edwina's Secretary) meant that my Mack was mentioned here!

Cheers to Mack (the knife, the truck, whatever). He is a Godsend for this family. :)

I'll drink whatever you guys are having.

Logan

Karen
05-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh, this Mack, pup, has such teeth, dear
Needle sharp and pearly white
Just a smush-face has our Mack, dude
And sweet puppy breath, out of sight

Ya know when that Mack nips with his teeth, babe
Ouch! his humans, yip in fright
But they feed him, treats and goodies
Bribe with toys to chew that are all right

There's a tugboat, down by the river
And it chugs and snorts into the night
So our Mack, boy, snorts and grunts and
Fills his family's hearts with delight ...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Gee, Karen, I think that deserves a drink on the bar! And remember, it's all cyber so you're not allergic to any of it, and you can have as many as you want and still stay sober, so here you go, one LD martini, coming up! Done! :D

Killearn Kitties
05-24-2006, 03:14 PM
WOW, Karen!!! What a turn! Karaoke Queen of the bar, I think! :D Very impressive lyrics. Well done!

Logan
05-24-2006, 03:42 PM
***sigh***

Karen, you have a gift. I hope you know it!!!!!

Smoosh faced, snoring boy is exactly how I would describe this precious angel, who happens to be dragging his bed all over the place right now and yipping! LOL!!

Logan

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh, this Mack, pup, has such teeth, dear
Needle sharp and pearly white
Just a smush-face has our Mack, dude
And sweet puppy breath, out of sight

Ya know when that Mack nips with his teeth, babe
Ouch! his humans, yip in fright
But they feed him, treats and goodies
Bribe with toys to chew that are all right

There's a tugboat, down by the river
And it chugs and snorts into the night
So our Mack, boy, snorts and grunts and
Fills his family's hearts with delight ...

Those lyrics are really cool Karen, I'm hoping to take some new pics of the baby birdies tomorrow as they have grown quite a bit, their eyes are open and they look like they're squishing each other in the nest. :)

Logan
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Geez, a day in honor of sweet baby Mack and no one is responding! :eek:

He's happy and sleeping (I checked on him at lunch).

Drink up, friends! Where are you??

lbaker
05-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm here Logan, I just have to schnooozle that little smooshie face and haven't been able to break away. LD Tini's are yummy and as long as they are cyber I'll share a pitcher with someone. In reality I'm on super duper horse pills that call themselves Amoxicillin/Clavulanate (try saying that 3 times real fast :rolleyes: ) Good to see you all! You look maaaaahvelous my dears :cool:

Lady's Human
05-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Logan, sorry, I'm in an Oklahoma induced fog.

Lady, be good to the new puppy, he just wants to play.

I'm going to the bar to make myself a LARGE pitcher of something, probably white russians. Anyone else want any?

catland
05-25-2006, 07:02 PM
gee - it is quiet in here today. That means more puppy kisses from Macky for the rest of us. :D

davidpizzica
05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Logan, sorry, I'm in an Oklahoma induced fog.

Lady, be good to the new puppy, he just wants to play.

I'm going to the bar to make myself a LARGE pitcher of something, probably white russians. Anyone else want any?
LH, I'll share that pitcher with you! It is quiet in here tonight. Even Mario is a little subdued.

Lady's Human
05-25-2006, 07:38 PM
My fault, David. I left some cherries out on the bar and he's off sleeping off a full tummy.

davidpizzica
05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
My fault, David. I left some cherries out on the bar and he's off sleeping off a full tummy.
That will do it, LH! Will white russians calm down a sore eye? My cataract eye is bothering me tonight. Can't wait until June 12!

Lady's Human
05-25-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm pretty sure enough white russians will calm down ANYTHING! :D

RedHedd
05-25-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm pretty sure enough white russians will calm down ANYTHING! :D How about a short red head who actually IS what my father used to refer to as a "white Russian" :D You KNOW what they say about us redheads and it's ALL true! :p Now a white Russian Redhead, well, that's something else ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Goodness, I had to check and see if the bar was still here. Talk about quiet!!!

Sorry I've been mia but I had a doctor's appointment today.
Good news: my bloodpressure is almost normal
Bad news: one of the meds is making my feet and knees swell up and making my heart work harder so we are going to start cuting it in half tomorrow and see if that helps. :(

My dr has been sick and in the hospital for a few weeks so I had to see his partner. She's good but I'd rather see him. He started all this. He will be back by the time I go back in 3 weeks, hopefully.

I'm to watch the caffeen too. WHAH!!! Looks like cyber cvc will be all I get for now. I'll just sit here and drink a keg!!! Get a straw Mario and you can help me!!! :D

Karen
05-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Those lyrics are really cool Karen, I'm hoping to take some new pics of the baby birdies tomorrow as they have grown quite a bit, their eyes are open and they look like they're squishing each other in the nest. :)

Excellent! :) They're gonna be big birds by the time Lady's Human gets home! Gotta get that photographic documentation to prove they were there!

Just stopping in to give bellyrubs to Mack and to Lady - looks like trying to keep track of Mario and Mack and all the humans has tuckered out Lady, too!

captain
05-25-2006, 10:22 PM
*runs in ..............*

Sorry, was away Interstate for work, and just managed to dash to the bar...

Lemon Drop for me ....... even tho I DON"T LIKE Lemon drinks :D, but I WILL do it in honour of Mack.

:D

*kiss*kiss* to that smooshy face ........... HANG ON, Logan ...... you said he was up and about, pulling his bed all over the place .... and yipping.
WHERE ARE THOSE PICS!!!! :D

slick
05-26-2006, 12:24 AM
I have no idea what's going on around here but I need a drink badly. One double LD Martini please and thank you. :)

Sorry Logan but W-O-R-K has me running in circles and I can't check in during the day. Kisses to you sweet Mack!

RICHARD
05-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone,

A bucket of Lemon Drops, an Oklamhoma Fog for the travelers and a huge hug for Logan and Mack...

Does anyone remember the Steve Martin Mack the Knife skit on Saturday Night Live???

Classic!

Karen,
An acapella version of your song would be a bundle of fun? :D

MOFF,
Keep it up...I mean keep it down.....Your BP! :)

Killearn Kitties
05-26-2006, 04:27 AM
Much less mess in here than usual this morning. Cleaning up will be a lot faster.

Now what to make for breakfast? Hmm, what would Mack eat I wonder? Grits, I expect. :D Might have to wait for someone else to make them. How about I just buy some chocolate croissants for us?

Oggyflute
05-26-2006, 05:02 AM
G'day all, :)
I think some of LH's white russians & Karens chocolate croissants will definitly hit the spot!
Now I don't know about Mac the knife, but in my household, I have Kriten the washing machine, Eddie the vacuum cleaner (named after a football comentator who really sucks :rolleyes: ), Ken the BBQ, Fonzie the fridge, Des the clothes dryer. Other appliences I think were given names, but I just can't remember what we named our microwave? :D

Lady's Human
05-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Kriten, as in the Red Dwarf Kriten?

Redd, I'm very careful around redheads, just ask LOH.....

KK, I doubt Mack would like grits, but I Know he'll go for BACON! I'll just smuggle a spare pan in from the hotel. :D

Acupolco version of Mack The Knife? I prefer Satchmo's cut.

lbaker
05-26-2006, 06:31 AM

KK, I doubt Mack would like grits, but I Know he'll go for BACON! I'll just smuggle a spare pan in from the hotel. :D

ummm Acupolco? Let's try acappella without the beach umbrella ;) Crisp bacon with grits coming right up. All good southern boys like grits :)

Lady's Human
05-26-2006, 06:47 AM
lb,

for years in our HS, the director called anything acapella acupolco. It's just stuck with me for 20+ years.

Grits with that bulldog schnoz might be a tad messy. :D

Just ignore the fluffball, macky, he's just trying to be friendly, he's not going to steal your breakfast!

lbaker
05-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Actually LH, I think singing acapella in acupulco is a lovely idea! :D You're right about the grits with that schnoz, didn't even think of that :eek:

Karen
05-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Actually LH, I think singing acapella in acupulco is a lovely idea! :D You're right about the grits with that schnoz, didn't even think of that :eek:

We all had the same director, and if you get my siblings and I together (plus at least one who married in, so we have a tenor), we can do a 4-part a capella (Randall Thompson's) Alleluia, but we've never done so in Acupulco!

The same guy also made a habit of subsituting the word Lunch for Love in song titles, especially for Jazz band stuff - changes the meaning entirely:

What I Did for Love = What I Did for Lunch
Love Story = Lunch Story

etc., etc.

gini
05-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Well, I have heard of singing for your supper - but never singing for your lunch!

Isn't there anything "normal" to eat in this bar - grits? - yucko! I think I will make some buttermilk pancakes and use some of the real maple syrup - and steal a few pieces of the bacon - extra crispy thanks!

Lady's Human
05-26-2006, 10:48 AM
gini Well, I have heard of singing for your supper - but never singing for your lunch!

Isn't there anything "normal" to eat in this bar - grits? - yucko! I think I will make some buttermilk pancakes and use some of the real maple syrup - and steal a few pieces of the bacon - extra crispy thanks!

This from the woman who prefers her peeps crunchy stale! :D

Omelettes anyone?

RedHedd
05-26-2006, 04:15 PM
WOW! Where is everyone? Has everyone left for the LONG weekend? There's a tumbleweed in the bar!

Oh wait, here's a trail of cherry pits leading out the door. Hmm, I guess they're all gone ....

davidpizzica
05-26-2006, 05:06 PM
WOW! Where is everyone? Has everyone left for the LONG weekend? There's a tumbleweed in the bar!

Oh wait, here's a trail of cherry pits leading out the door. Hmm, I guess they're all gone ....
C'mon, Redhedd it's not THAT empty in here! I'll make a pot of coffee and maybe they will slowly amble in.

Lady's Human
05-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Coffee? Did someone mention coffee?

Got any Irish to go with that?

Logan
05-26-2006, 05:20 PM
I just came back by (after all, its a long weekend) and I want that White Russian you offered, yesterday, Lady's Human, in a tall glass, please.

Mack is asleep under my feet. Need to drink up while he is quiet!!!!! :eek:

davidpizzica
05-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Coffee? Did someone mention coffee?

Got any Irish to go with that?
LH, I'll check behind the bar. Haha! we're in luck. Irish coffee LH?

Lady's Human
05-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Logan, here's a tall white russian for you (as opposed to the redheaded russian in residence)

David, I'll take you up on that offer, and I saved some of the prime rib for Lady and Mack.

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Excellent! :) They're gonna be big birds by the time Lady's Human gets home! Gotta get that photographic documentation to prove they were there!

Just stopping in to give bellyrubs to Mack and to Lady - looks like trying to keep track of Mario and Mack and all the humans has tuckered out Lady, too!
Here's that proof you wanted. They're starting to actually look like birds now not bulgey-eyed mutants.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/HPIM0685.jpg

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-26-2006, 08:09 PM

Just don't let him near any wine.

RICHARD
05-27-2006, 04:20 AM
You all are really special.

One thing that I learned about "knives" is if you watch baby animals play, it's that they back off when they get rough.

When I had my Shiz-tzu terrier mix he would get nippy...

I saw that in a litter of dogs they would back down when they started to hurt each other with their baby teeth.

I'd pinch back when Jody would get wild with his teeth-He got the message and began to respect his 'bite'.

Be patient.
Be fair anremeber that you have to teach them manners.

It's all down hill from there.

Done? ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-27-2006, 12:50 PM
moff grabs a cherry limeade and follows trail of cherry pits....

Well, here you all are, out by the old swimmin hole!!!

Oh, Mario, I see you have new swimming trunks this year. Very spiffy indeed!!!
:D

gini
05-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi everyone - just thought I would drop in and bring you some clean towels to use after you swim. (swiped them from pnance's laundry basket :D )

Lots of errands to run today - so I will check back in later.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone - just thought I would drop in and bring you some clean towels to use after you swim. (swiped them from pnance's laundry basket :D )

Lots of errands to run today - so I will check back in later.
AH HA!!! So you are the cause of his predicament, eh? :eek: :D

Karen
05-29-2006, 02:56 PM
It's suddenly summer here today, so I'll jump in the swim of things!

Then maybe some red-white-and-blueberry cake (add dried cranberries to standard family Blueberry cake recipe) for Memorial Day!