PDA

View Full Version : Automatic dog wash???

lv4dogs
05-24-2006, 08:08 AM
I can't believe it, a pet store in my area just got an automatic dog wash machine. I have not been to the store yet to see it but I did see a pic of it with an article in their advertisement.
I looked on the web & couldn't find much info on it, this is all I could come up:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,48952,00.html

From the picture I saw it seems to me that it would be more stressful on the pet but I guess I can't judge a book by it's cover can I? lol

Hopefully within the next couple weeks I can get out there to look at it and possibly try it. I'll be sure to take my camera with me.

Has anyone heard of these before?

cyber-sibes
05-24-2006, 08:17 AM
:eek: This is a new one on me! Our pet store put in a self-service dog wash, which is really great- so much easier than trying to keep mine standing still long enough to suds & rinse, plus the air dryer is great for getting out loose undercoat! We have used the "hydro-wash", which i had some doubts about, but it seems to work well & the dogs don't freak out, so, who knows? HeeHee- be sure to bring enough quarters along! ;)

lute
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
oh my. they have now taken all the responsability out of dog ownership...automatic feeder/waterer, automatic toy despinser, self cleaning brushes, etc and now this...no thank you! i prefer to do everything myself. i like bonding with my dogs.

zoomer
05-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Ummm well that sounds pretty uncomfortable and nevertheless would I take my dogs to someone I do not know. I'll wash them myself...

shihtzulover850
05-24-2006, 10:09 AM
what about soap in the eyes? what if the dog desides to move around everywhere??? :D

zoomer
05-24-2006, 10:12 AM
what about soap in the eyes? what if the dog desides to move around everywhere??? :D

Yeah, I agree! (Good question ;) :p )

elizabethann
05-24-2006, 12:38 PM
I saw this on t.v. once and thought it was horrible! My dog would freak! I think any dog would be afraid to be put in a box and have water and soap coming at them. The machine must make noise and I'm sure that can be scarey.

I'll stick to washing Fenway in the sink and ocassionally bringing him to the groomers.

lv4dogs
05-24-2006, 01:00 PM
I saw this on t.v. once and thought it was horrible! My dog would freak! I think any dog would be afraid to be put in a box and have water and soap coming at them. The machine must make noise and I'm sure that can be scarey.

I'll stick to washing Fenway in the sink and ocassionally bringing him to the groomers.

I haven't seen it on TV but I've been thinking the same thing. I can't wait to actually see it in person & see how it is & how it works.

Muddy4paws
05-29-2006, 12:12 PM
I didn't get to see photos of the machine but I dont see how it could get the dog clean? maybe then outside of the dog but what about the inside legs and underneath? :confused: I think it seems a little bit too extreme there are plenty of powerful grooming baths about I dont see the need for a machine to do it?

I would like to know see photos! I think its sometimes hard enough to keep a dog in the bath by yourself surely if the dog is jumping about in a machine it will end up hurting itself?