PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Samantha Puppy
05-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Okay, those of you with super-cool digital camera who take all those close-up artsy pics of doggie noses and flowers and stuff... how do you do that without it being blurry? I just got a Canon PowerShot A-620 for my birthday and I'd really like to take pictures like that of my baby, Samantha, and the kitties.

Thank you!

finn's mom
05-24-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't have that cool of a camera, but, I just catch Finn when he's still, that's the only "trick" I use to get pictures of his nose. :) I think I've used macro before, but, not usually. Can't wait to see the ones you get, practice makes perfect!

Queen of Poop
05-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Your camera should have a macro setting, try that.

catnapper
05-24-2006, 09:23 AM
You definately need a tripod! Its the BEST thing I ever got - it keeps the camera steady while taking those macro shots. I got mine for $20 at Sams club and its AWESOME. I can adjust the height and angle to anything I want.

Samantha Puppy
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
What the heck does macro do?

Oh my gosh, this thing is SO much more complicated than my old one...

Edwina's Secretary
05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
I tried the macro. It's a good feature but on my camera it seems to work best if I am further from the subject and zoom in. Makes a clearer photo.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Go to page 10 of your "Camera User Guide Basic" and it will show you how to use the Macro on your camera. Macro allows you to take pictures from as close as .4 inches. What that means is when you have the camera in Macro mode, you can get right in their face with the camera and the shot will still be focused. However, on my camera when in Macro mode, I can't use the Zoom feature or the picture will not be clear. If Zooming doesn't give you the closeup shot you want, go to the Macro feature. When I'm taking various shots and I then want to go to Macro, I turn the camera off, then turn it back on again and instantly put it in Macro mode. I do this to make sure any Zooming I've done has been cancelled out and my Macro shots will be clear.

Sounds way more complicated than it is. ;)

To save you time, here's page 10 of your manual.