PDA

View Full Version : Found starling.

Argranade
05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
I have also a starling baby I am feeding it a proper diet it has a crouched leg which im dealing with hopefuly its leg shall get better but for now it seems fine and also i learned these birds can be taught to speak realy neat. :D

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/pigeon11/My%20pigeons%20and%20other%20birds/Img0764.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/pigeon11/My%20pigeons%20and%20other%20birds/thImg0762.jpg

Chilli
05-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Wow, that bird just looks really neat for some reason^^!
Its adorable!

lute
05-23-2006, 08:37 PM
that's great of you to help this bird! what are you going to do with it after it's all healthy?

Argranade
05-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Well its actualy ok to keep these birds as pets as they are able to speak and such so i might keep it depending tho.

lute
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
i think it's cruel to keep wild animals in captivity. :(

Argranade
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
i think it's cruel to keep wild animals in captivity. :(

Actualy not for all birds if you know there diet its ok but starlings actualy came to Canada as pets in cages then some escaped and started breeding in the wild so now we have many flocks.This one wont be able to walk again properly so it would be very dangerouse to let it go.But its ok to keep starlings if you look on this website its the only bird these ppl are keeping.

http://www.starlingtalk.com/

But its not ok just to keep any bird because you think its cute all birds have there speacial own diet they need and if its not given that bird wont last long but I do wish I could set him free but he'll be fine in a big Aviary full of other birds.

Zippy
05-24-2006, 03:11 PM
I read that about strelings in bt magazine they had a short story about one namd lucky

Miss Z
05-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm with lute. Whilst it's really sweet that you're helping this little bird to recover from injury, I do not think it's wise to keep him. He was born a wild bird so no-one has the right to take that away from him. Of course, you know that his injury may stop him from walking properly, but don't consider captivity yet. I would suggest taking him to the vet if you really think the injury is that bad, and your vet will have information on what should be done. He may be able to go to a sanctuary for wild animals that for some reason can't be released. He would be much happier in an environment like that than taken into very unnatural surroundings.

On the site you posted, they are birds bred for captivity. This is a wild bird, he deserves the best life possible. If he can't be set free then try and find the best possible place for him to live.:)

IRescue452
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
We had a one footed mourning dove and his mate living in our garden each summer for several years. He did fine with only one foot.

Argranade
05-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Well I know you may think its crewl but I know what im doing trust me I have set birds free before and gave the injured home's.Now this starling has started to heal up and the leg is better but I have an Aviary on the way and it shall be fine with me if I where to let it go it would not know how to survive properly like an Adult set free.

Shur I can give it too the Wild animal centre but I have spoke with them and told me its best to give it a home if I would like to.