PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please!

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-23-2006, 06:19 PM
We are thinking about changing the shutters on our house from white to black. What do you guys think? Below are some pictures that I scanned of the house and 2 of them Mom has colored in the shutters black. What do you like best, white or black? :confused:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/MJIK19/house2.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/MJIK19/house1.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i105/MJIK19/house3.jpg

caseysmom
05-23-2006, 06:32 PM
I like the idea of a darker accent color, not sure about black though. I have a creamy beige house, white trim and burgundy shutters. I do like the idea of the shutters being darker.

Your house looks coloniel style so I think it could pull off the black.

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I like the black because it goes with the rod iron, outdoor lights, door, and lamp posts but I don't know whether or not it would be too dark? I know the pictures arent good but thanks for the help everyone! Keep the comments coming!

Chilli
05-23-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree, darker colors would make a wonderful accent. :)
And by the way, I love your house, Its so beautiful!!

Jessika
05-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Darker, I don' tknow about BLACK, maybe a dark charcoal?

persianmom
05-23-2006, 08:56 PM
I like the idea of a dark color. I agree with either dark charcoal or burgundy. I think black is to dark. Good luck. and remeber you are the one who has to look at it and you need to like it.

RobiLee
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
I thought I was the odd ball because everyone was saying black or a dark color, but then I saw the voting results. I like the white! I think it makes your house look nice, clean and classic. Kind of elegant. I also think it makes your house look bigger.

I vote white ;)

P.S....You have a beautiful home.

Lizzie
05-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Definitely white because you want windows to make you think of light, not darkness. The white makes your house look open and airy, the black makes the windows look as though they would somehow let in less light. Also, the pediments over the windows are white and look odd with black shutters either side. If you painted those a dark colour also, you really would be closing in the windows. Living in the often grey PNW means that I have a passion for light in homes.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Definitely white because you want windows to make you think of light, not darkness. The white makes your house look open and airy, the black makes the windows look as though they would somehow let in less light. Also, the pediments over the windows are white and look odd with white shutters either side. If you painted those a dark colour also, you really would be closing in the windows. Living in the often grey PNW means that I have a passion for light in homes.

My opinion too!! There is a house in our neighbourhood with cream-coloured shutters, and so is the front door too. It looks great!! But BLACK ??? :eek: ABSOLUTELY not !!

lute
05-24-2006, 11:41 AM
WHITE! you have such a BEAUTIFUL house!!! :eek:

*JTM*Coco*pi*Caramel*
05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
A tie! I was thinking black because of the light fixtures and the rod iron things but I see your point. I suppose we are just getting bored of the house and want to do something. Im thinking we will be keeping it white and just do something different with the front pots lol :p

Thanks for your comments and compliments!

Barbara
05-24-2006, 02:55 PM
White - and a house like yours would me my wildest dream :)
Oh man how much I love American architecture :)

cocker_luva
05-24-2006, 03:34 PM
black

dab_20
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
I personally like the white but the black would go well also.