PDA

View Full Version : prayers/good thoughts for Star- *update

cyber-sibes
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
We got back late last night after 3 days in Virginia and I noticed Star had an injury on her leg. Figured it was another hot spot, but up close it looks like an abcessed bite or wound. I have no idea what happened. :confused: Cleaned it out and gave her an asprin last night. (and removed the dead bird she was guarding, yuck :rolleyes: )
I just got back - I had to LEAVE her at the vets - They're all booked up & will check it out between surgeries. Please send her some good thoughts or a little prayer, I've never had to leave her before, she looked so sad. :( Will update when I know more.

zoomer
05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Awww Star, prayers will be sent your way!

lute
05-23-2006, 11:23 AM
get well soon Star.

Husky_mom
05-23-2006, 11:42 AM
oh sweetie........get well soon..........sending good husky vibes her way

Ginger's Mom
05-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Good thoughts going out for Star. You have to get that leg well for Sunday.

Karen
05-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Awww, Star, how sad. First you're injured, then Momma takes away your prized dead birdie and NOW she's left you at the white coats - abandoned you, practically! You will certainly be in our prayers.

Glacier
05-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Poor Star! I hope it's nothing major. It could just be a hot spot. Earle had one a few weeks ago that he licked so much, it did get infected.

Logan
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Get well soon, Star!!!! :)

wolf_Q
05-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Poor Star, I hope she gets feeling better!

luvofallhorses
05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I hope she feels better soon!! (((cyber-sibes & Star)))

lv4dogs
05-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Yous are in my thoughts today.

I hope it is nothing serious. {{{hugs}}}

cyber-sibes
05-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Update: She's home, and she's okay. just got the wound cleaned & is getting antibiotics, although she'll have to wear the evil "collar" to keep her from licking it. We think what might have happened is this- Last week she & another dog at the park got into a little tiff - but none of us saw what happened. We heard growling/barking and spun around to see Star & another dog (a young male dog) on their back legs pawing & snapping at each other. Then Star fell down, and curled up & stayed on the ground for a minute, which we thought was odd. Nobody had any obvious injuries, and everybody went back to playing as usual. She must have had an infected puncture wound that abcessed while we were out of town. The vet said it looked like it had already been healing for 3-4 days. So no stitches (good news), and lots of rest and water & antibiotics, and she'll be ready for action by the PT pic-nic.
Thanks for all your speedy healing vibes!

shihtzulover850
05-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Oh Good!!! I Am Glad She Is Okay!!!! :)

lv4dogs
05-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Thats great news!!! Glad to hear that it's nothing serious & requires no surgery!!!
Here's to a speedy recovery, ya know I want to see that beautiful girl of yours THIS weekend, and of course that handsome fella too! (I can say THIS weekend, YAY, I don't have to say Memorial day weekend or next weekend anymore. The time is getting near & I am so excited!)

lute
05-23-2006, 02:44 PM
good news! i'm glad it's not serious.

RobiLee
05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Whew, I got kind of scared there. I'm glad to hear that it isn't too serious and that Star will be at the dog park this Sunday. Can't wait to see her and give her some hugs.

Katie has a small sore on her ankle and we are not sure if it was caused from Tori or something else bit her or our worse fear is that a pin may be starting to poke through. We keep feeling around on it and we don't feel anything and she doesn't act like it is bothering her but it has been there too long so we have decided to call the vet tomorrow.

{{Hugs to Star and Sherman}}

k9krazee
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Glad its not serious and shes on the mend! Sending get well soon vibes to Star!

Pembroke_Corgi
05-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm glad she's ok!

Cincy'sMom
05-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Glad to hear Star is doing okay and will be up for the big weekend!! We'd hate for her to miss out on that!!!

cyber-sibes
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Glad to hear Star is doing okay and will be up for the big weekend!! We'd hate for her to miss out on that!!!
Hee Hee, us too!

Katie has a small sore on her ankle
We'll send some healing vibes back to Katie, hope she's ok. Star yippes when we touch her leg, asprin is helping.

Cinder & Smoke
05-23-2006, 07:24 PM
She'll have to wear the evil "collar" to keep her from licking it.

:eek:

Da CONE!?? :(

Say it isn't so!
Sure hope she can leave THAT home on Sunday!

Get better REAL Fast, Star!! ;)

Alysser
05-23-2006, 08:01 PM
:( Aw, poor Star. She has to wear the collar? It's ok baby girl. It's better then havign a hurt leg. Im glad she's doing well!

Daisy and Delilah
05-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Get well pretty girl!! :)

anna_66
05-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Well as usual I'm late to this thread:o
But I am glad to hear that it was nothing too serious and she'll be able to attend the park gathering this week:)
Hope ya heal fast and don't have to wear that yucky collar too long girlie!

shais_mom
05-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Well as usual I'm late to this thread:o
But I am glad to hear that it was nothing too serious and she'll be able to attend the park gathering this week:)
Hope ya heal fast and don't have to wear that yucky collar too long girlie!
yea ditto!
Feel better asap Star!

pnance
05-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Glad to hear it was nothing to serious. Feel better soon Star.

cyber-sibes
05-24-2006, 08:10 AM
:eek:

Da CONE!?? :(

Say it isn't so!

Phred, "It isn't so" :D , thanks to you, she has her very own Bite-Not collar, no more cone! Sure am glad you posted a link to that fine product last time she had a hot spot. Star says "Tankx Phred!"

zoomer
05-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Update: She's home, and she's okay. just got the wound cleaned & is getting antibiotics, although she'll have to wear the evil "collar" to keep her from licking it. We think what might have happened is this- Last week she & another dog at the park got into a little tiff - but none of us saw what happened. We heard growling/barking and spun around to see Star & another dog (a young male dog) on their back legs pawing & snapping at each other. Then Star fell down, and curled up & stayed on the ground for a minute, which we thought was odd. Nobody had any obvious injuries, and everybody went back to playing as usual. She must have had an infected puncture wound that abcessed while we were out of town. The vet said it looked like it had already been healing for 3-4 days. So no stitches (good news), and lots of rest and water & antibiotics, and she'll be ready for action by the PT pic-nic.
Thanks for all your speedy healing vibes!

Thats great news! Thanks for updating.

Cinder & Smoke
05-24-2006, 11:39 AM
"It isn't so" :D

She has her very own Bite-Not collar, no more cone!

:o

I plumb furgot we talked you into getting one of those!

Glad the Boo-Boo is in a spot where that Bite-Not offers protection -
there are SOME spots that with a little *s*t*r*e*t*c*h*i*n*g* - most Dawgs
are limber enough to be able to <Lick Away> ! :eek: