PDA

View Full Version : Baby shower pics

Corinna
05-22-2006, 07:07 PM
My mom and I gave my daughter a baby shower this last Saturday . Charity Jean is due June 18th but we don't think she'll go that long. I can't wait until I can hold my first grandbaby.
The quilt in the picture was made by her husband's 76 year old father.
We are doing a care bear theme so a care bear cake that said welcome Charity. The people are my daughter and my mom. We used the water fall from the kids wedding , floated rubber ducks in the punch bowl. We did a scrap book party . Each person gave a child raising tip or memory of the kids growing up. It makes a great thing for them to have to remind them of the day. We took a picture of each person and put it on the back of their page.

petslover
05-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Congrats on the new addition to your family. I bet you can't wait. The cake is so cute. Your daughter looks so happy. Congrats again.

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
It sounds like you had a fun shower Corinna.The cake looks good. ;)

lute
05-22-2006, 08:02 PM
awww////congrats on the new baby in the family! Christmas will be so fun! :D

Karen
05-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Your daughter looks happy but huge! I bet she wouldn't mind an earlier delivery date, but that's up to Charity Jean!

Corinna
05-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Actually she is willing to wait she knows she'll be easier to manage right now. We had a great time. I can't wait for christmas either !!!!
She did get alot of great clothes and lots of care bears the two young gals from her work each have 2 boys so they had a fun time girl shopping.One got her all the sented care bears the room smells so good from them.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-23-2006, 05:03 AM
:D :D how sweet!! I looooooooooove that quilt. I have a quilt that my greatgrandparents made. I will keep it forever! That is so special to me... something she can pass down!! :D :D

Laura's Babies
05-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Another baby for PT!! Wonderful! Those cakes look yummy, save a piece for me! I love that quilt, that is really nice and something Charity will use a lot!

sirrahbed
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
What a lovely baby shower!! The idea about the scrapbook pages - I love that :)

Oh my - how wonderful that will be to hold that first grandchild - ahhhh!!! :) :)

Cataholic
05-23-2006, 08:51 AM
That is so exciting! I don't want to hurry CJ up, but, come on!!! We are excited to meet the grandbaby! :D

Corinna
05-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Her due date is June 18th but I don't think she's going to make it that long. She dropped a week and a half ago , doc says shes softening . We'll see on thursday if dialating.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Looks like you all had a great time. LOVE that quilt - I wish I had something from my childhood to pass down, but it all got lost when we moved to South Africa when I was little :(

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a trouble-free delivery, and looking forward to seeing pics of CJ when she decides to make an appearance!

trayi52
05-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Wow, Corinna, June is not long off! This is May! You are going to get to hold that grand-daughter very soon! I know you are very anxious to hold her. Know just how that feels. You are going to have so much fun. Your daughter looks lovely, tell her she is so beautiful.

Willie :)

Daisy and Delilah
05-24-2006, 05:57 AM
Great pictures! The quilt is so charming and made by a 76 year old man? How impressive. I love it. Thanks for sharing :)

Corinna
05-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Clarissa's hubby had to work tonight so Mom and I went to lamze class with her. All 13 couples are 1st time parents. Of course being a mom and my mom being an Ob nurse the differnces of then and now came up. Some of those Kids are really young and look scared to death at the videos and then to the surgery room if a c-section is needed. I ask all you older moms did we look that young when we had our kids?

kimboe
05-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Oooo, Looks like a yummy cake. Charity Jean thats a pretty name for a little girl.
Hmm...Not to sure of the age of now and then as I'm not a mom. But, When I saw those videos of ladies giving birth, yikes! :eek: I know I'm not ready yet. :p