PDA

View Full Version : grandparents getting me a betta fish for b-day

Zippy
05-22-2006, 06:39 PM
My grandparents are getting me a betta fish for my b-day.They got me a tank about a gallon.I hope to upgrade in the future. ;) My apt.doesn't count fish has pets so i can have one.I plan to get a LPS betta and name him Moby Dick.Name is not set in stone so if you have any post.I will be getting him in june :)

Chilli
05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Congratulations! :D
I, myself, find bettas to be truely wonderful fish to have around (I started out with one, and now I have five^^ and adding a new girl or two this wednesday).
I think Moby Dick is an adorable name! I've only planned the name for one of my fish, the rest I based on their personality.
Good luck with your new fishie!

Zippy
05-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Thank You Chilli.I love betta fish and have had 2(Shipwreak,and Sam)Both who passed on when i didn't treat the water the people at the pet store forgot :rolleyes: to tell me when i asked about betta fish.I go back and tell them about Sam and they ask did you treat the water?

Chilli
05-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Thats why I rarely trust most petstore employees around here. :)
With my very first fish, I counted on them to tell me what I needed to know for fish care, and they told me most everything except conditioning the water. I lost those fish due to that mistake. :(
Now, I do all my research before getting ANY animal. They taught me my lesson!

Zippy
05-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Now, I do all my research before getting ANY animal. They taught me my lesson!

Me too.

IRescue452
05-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Congrats! They are very addicting, soon you'll have another post about a new betta.

Suki Wingy
05-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pics. I'm getting one in June too. :)

Zippy
05-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Congrats! They are very addicting, soon you'll have another post about a new betta.

LOL proablely have seen the betta bug bite many a PTer

Zippy
05-24-2006, 03:42 PM
June 3 will be getting him/her for petco

Roxyluvsme13
05-25-2006, 03:52 PM
Warning:Bettas are like Potato Chips. You can't have just one! :D I started with one and ended up with 3! Hehe. But Congrats :D.