PDA

View Full Version : My ebay auction is over.... what now?

catnapper
05-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Ok, my items sold on ebay -- for a whopping total of $4.25! :p

I see the money was transferred to my PayPal account, but I can't see how it goes from PayPal to my bank account. Do I have to do something to make the transfer occur or does it happen on its own? The money was transferred late last night to my PayPal account.

This ebay thing is fun, and I'm certainly not going to strike it rich, but I want to try putting up some more items.... but I need to figure out how to get the money to my bank account first!

Vela
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Yes you have to go into paypal and tell it to transfer to your bank account, otherwise it stays in your paypal bank account as a balance, which is actuallyhandy when it comes time to pay your ebay fees. Unless it's a large sum I often leave the money in paypal to use for buying things myself, or for paying the ebay bill on your monthly sales. Just log into your paypal site and tell it to transfer your money to your account if you want it there.

Jessika
05-22-2006, 02:04 PM
If you have a verified account with paypal and have a bank account associated with your paypal account, you will be able to transfer funds from paypal to your bank account. Otherwise you will need to verify your account or you will not be able to transfer funds to your bank account.

Worst case scenario, you can always get the paypal debit card and use that lol that's what I had to do once when I won 20 bucks but couldn't transfer it to my bank account

catnapper
05-22-2006, 02:06 PM
But I don't see where I'd go to transfer! I wanted to try it and make sure it works.

You're right, at the moment, the balance isn't setting the world on fire and it would be useful to keep there for future ebay fees, but I just want ot know whats going on should ever I sell something that actually adds up to some good cash! :D ;)

Jessika
05-22-2006, 02:10 PM
You will need to click on the "withdraw" tab from your "account overview" window :)

catnapper
05-22-2006, 02:20 PM
I don't see a wothrawl tab. I clicked the "file" tab and it disappeared, but it seems the money is still there. Sigh, what did I do now?

Jessika
05-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Try this link while logged in....

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_withdraw-funds

There should be a link that says "withdraw" RIGHT next to where it says "add funds"

MomOf7
05-22-2006, 02:50 PM
I like the debit cards.
Useful lil things. I can better keep track of my sales and not have to open an account at the bank.