PDA

View Full Version : A Friday night "roadtrip" surprise

Logan
05-22-2006, 09:43 AM
You guys aren't going to believe what my husband did Friday night. There is a long, tearful, loving story behind it. I wasn't ready, but he didn't want me to be sad anymore...........look at my new baby (English Bulldog baby boy.....my little dream dog). He said he just couldn't bear to even think about adopting an older one right now (GR or Bulldog) and he took me, our 3 kids and two of Helen's friends on a mystery road trip Friday night. None of us had any idea where we were going, just assumed that Scott was creating a diversion to get our minds off of Zip. Well, Scott had located a breeder in Aiken, SC and they drove to Greenwood to meet us with their two remaining little boy puppies. I immediately burst into tears when I saw them because I realized what he was doing and it started my grieving for Zip all over again. Scott had the best of intentions. He simply can't bear for me to hurt. He told me this morning that the only thing that could ever be worse than seeing me like I was last week would be if he had done something to cause it, himself. I think this healed some of his hurt too. Some of you probably remember that in the last six months, we have lost two of our wonderful retrievers, the only two dogs Scott has ever had in his adult life that he didn't "inherit" by marrying me. I told Helen on Friday morning, that it would probably be a while before we got another dog and when we did, it needed to be Scott that determined which dog and when it was time. I must admit that he surprised me with his swift action. I might have chosen to go the rescue route (I know I would have, and would gladly have adopted an older dog......we will do that again, eventually). The children and Scott are smiling and I am smiling through my tears. I am very proud of my new little boy. I need to quit trying to justify him and show him to you. I'll get more pictures, later, to share with you.

I hope my Zipper knows that I will honor his memory until the day I die. Scott told me, over the weekend, as I went through another crying spell, that Zipper was never mad at a single person or dog the entire time that we had the pleasure of knowing him and that he was sure that he was happy, knowing that his mom was smiling........oh God, I hope so.

Now, meet baby Mack:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p65c5d5e5f63a44fbd88f172b17aa1157/eee9ed3d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/pe72669427f2492ed9378a6e882f51c06/eee9ebbb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p6fb75c1b383722d17a3f5aac2e75557e/eee9eba0.jpg

Logan

Killearn Kitties
05-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Oh Logan, what a kind and lovely thing for Scott to do for you. Of course you will have other dogs and rescue more dogs when the time is right, but I understand what he means that it is just too early to think about an older dog just now.

Enjoy your adorable new baby and let his puppy antics heal you.

Welcome to your fabulous new home, Mack. You are a lucky boy. :D

cocker_luva
05-22-2006, 10:01 AM
he is sooo sweet.

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2006, 10:02 AM
What a wonderful man he must be.........cute little pup

Karen
05-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Awwwwwwww! I hope you can sleep if someone is snoring, because you just got yourself a smush-faced ball-of-love snore master! :) Snort, snort, grunt! :)

Congratulations on the new baby! :) And now you and Scott have "Yours, (his kids) Mine (Helen and your fids) and Ours (Mack, who belongs to everyone!)

You do not have to justify this to anyone, silly. Love never does! :) You guys will rescue again some day, but for now, I think Mack is just perfect. Snort!

lute
05-22-2006, 10:13 AM
oh Logan, that was a wonderful thing your hubby did. Mack is really cute!

Muddy4paws
05-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Hes precious! you dont need to justify why you got a puppy thats no one elses buisness but yours so dont feel bad about not rescuing you have a gorgeous little pup there who also needed a home so dont feel bad at all.

anyway

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p6fb75c1b383722d17a3f5aac2e75557e/eee9eba0.jpg

I'm in love! :) He looks so squeezable there, I bet you cant resist cuddles with him. How old is he?

Ginger's Mom
05-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Aaaaaaa *thunk*
He is just too cute. What a lucky little boy he is to have been chosen by you. I, too, got adopted a new furbaby soon after losing one, it does help somewhat (you are too busy laughing sometimes to notice the pain). I am so happy for you and Mack. Okay, we are ready for more pictures now. :D

Daisy and Delilah
05-22-2006, 10:28 AM
If I can stop the tears from flooding the keyboard, let me say that he is just precious Logan. What a sweet little dollbaby. Kisses to that little guy from me. I strongly suspect that Zipper and Murphy had a paw in this and all they wanted was to see Mom smiling and happy again. Those two couldn't have known more love than what you gave them while on this earth. There's another party going on at the Rainbow Bridge right now in celebration of Mack's arrival. God love Scott, you, and your family :)

zoomer
05-22-2006, 10:34 AM
What a great thing for him to do. Zipper will always be honored by not only your family but by Pet Talk too!

Mack is a doll! What a cutie. How old is he?

Cataholic
05-22-2006, 10:44 AM
WOW. What a loving, kindhearted deed Scott did for you! That is just amazing. We all know that Mack doesn't replace anyone, he is just one more loving element of your family. WOW, is really all I can say. You must feel blessed.

Hi Cutie Mack! Welcome to PT. ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-22-2006, 10:45 AM
OMG!! I can't stop giggling.. because he is just THE CUTEST THING I think I have ever laid my eyes on!!!

I hope this little guy can help the healing process progress faster!! He sure does seem like a funny little pup!!! Just looking at the pictures has brightened up my day!!

Logan
05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Thank you all for understanding this situation. I think my husband probably knew that I would be ready to start looking at rescues (Goldens, of course) in short order ;) and he just wasn't ready to go that route yet. We were already on the waiting list for an English Bulldog rescue with two different groups, but finding one that could be with other dogs, cats and children was not easy. There are far fewer EBD rescues than Goldens, for sure, and hardly any in our area.

This is a special little boy, for sure. :)

shihtzulover850
05-22-2006, 11:32 AM
He is so cute. :D

Husky_mom
05-22-2006, 12:00 PM
i´m so happy you found that dreamy puppy and so..........awwww...........at your hubby for what he did to see you happy.........

i´m sure Zipper would want it that way.........mommy happy and someone to share her love with as you did with him.........Hugs to you and happy squishy snorts to that gorgeous ball of fur :D

molucass
05-22-2006, 12:31 PM
That was so sweet of your hubby to do. :)

The puppy is absolutely adorable. I LOVE bulldogs.

Congratulations on your newest little addition.

BCollie_Kelly
05-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Aww! I just want to hug him! :D

zippy-kat
05-22-2006, 01:21 PM
EEEEE look at that tubby tummy! Logan, I'm elated for you! Truly, there couldn't be a better counselor or a better therapy than a cuddly, sleepy, (snoring) puppy.

We know he's bound to have puppy breath but does he have frito feet yet? :D

Welcome home, Mack!

Alysser
05-22-2006, 01:29 PM
What a cutie! That was so sweet of your hubby to do for you. I'm very happy for you. :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Too cute. My nickname is Mack, so I got a real kick out of that. I don't even respond to Megan sometimes... lol.

Your pup is adorable. Have fun. :)

gini
05-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Oh my goodness, what a happy, happy thread to stumble upon.

Logan, Scott gets hugs and kisses from all of us - for taking such good care of you and being incredibly thoughtful.

Ahh, Karen is so right - snort - snerp - snerk - Mack's sounds are going to give you tons of laughter!

What a great name for him - he does look like a potential BIG MACK TRUCK!
Just look at those "baby" feet - and I love his coloring.

Absolutely no one would question your getting a new puppy. There is nothing like a brand new puppy to help the grieving process. Zipper and Murphy are grinning from ear to ear - they more than anyone realize what a lucky pup Mack is - a lifetime of the "good stuff" from Logan and family.

k9krazee
05-22-2006, 02:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an adorable little boy he is! Welcome to PT little Mack!! What a sweet thing for your husband to do :)

Aspen and Misty
05-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh Logan you are so lucky and what a lucky pup to find such a wonderful, loving home such as yours!

That little bull dog tummy has my heart just flipping upside down! Mack is adorable!

Congratulations!

Ashley

Cincy'sMom
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Congratulations on your adorable addition!! Nothing heals quite like puppy breath!!

jazzcat
05-22-2006, 02:36 PM
What a cutie!!!! Logan, I'm so happy for you all and especially that very lucky little four legged cutie!

Your husband is one extra special guy!!!!!

Welcome to PT Mack! :)

Vermontcat
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Logan, I am so happy for you!
Scott deserves a pat on the back for a job well done at putting a smile back on your face.
Mack is such a cutie, is he named after the big mack trucks?
I can't wait to see more photos of him.
I'm sure that Lilly and Honey will love him, I wonder what Butter and Mimi will think?
When will he get to meet the birds?
I remember last summer you mentioned how long it had been since you had a puppy and that it was like you were running a geriatric ward at times, I think its great that your family got a puppy to liven things up a bit. :)

Lady's Human
05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Congrats, Logan!

Sounds like a little puppy breath was just what you needed. (Of course, who can't use a little puppy breath now and again?)

He's a cutie :D

buttercup132
05-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww

*steal!*

lizbud
05-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Logan, he is a doll baby. Soooo sweet. :D I do believe your husband
found the perfect RX for you & the whole family.. Of course, that means
more pictures of the little guy & the gang, right? :)

gemini9961
05-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Logan, I think all of us here are going to try and steal that little guy so you better watch him. :)

Thanks for sending him to your Mom, Zipper. :)

captain
05-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh Logan,
I am in *tears* - *tears* of JOY!!!!!

What a wonderful, sweet, kind, lovely thing to do!

Zip is looking down going - HEY, buddy, let me tell you how to wrap them around your little paws ..... :D

He is gorgeous!!!

Chilli
05-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Aww, what a lovely thing for your husband to do!
Little Mack is truely precious, just look at that little rolly buddha belly of his! I can't wait to watch him grow up, and you better provide us with MANY pictures, especially since Bulldogs are one of my favorite breeds. ;)

zippy-kat
05-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I had to come back and take a second look at that cutie... and do you know what flashed through my mind? lol Do you remember Bridget and Daisy? The trash pictures? LOL Here's hoping he's not *that* mischevious!

Oh what a love! He couldn't have landed himself a better home, if he'd tried.

Congrats again; I sooo look forward to many more pictures!

4 Dog Mother
05-22-2006, 07:59 PM
What a beautiful puppy! He is such a doll baby! I know Zipper would love that you have a new dog to make you smile and laugh. It will be fun to watch him grow up - that means LOTS of pictures, please.

chocolatepuppy
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Aww, Mack is adorable! What a surprise! :)

.sarah
05-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh my goodness he is adorable! I am so happy for you! That has to be the best gift ever :D

cyber-sibes
05-22-2006, 08:17 PM
How totally sweet! :D Mack is adorable, just look at that little belly, begging for rubs! Surely your beloved Zipper is happy for you, he knows how much love you have to give! He's probably bouncing all around with excitement at the RB!

Pembroke_Corgi
05-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Awww, he is too precious. Congratulations. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
05-22-2006, 09:32 PM
He is adorable! What a nice thing for your husband to do for you :) I might have missed this somewhere in your posts, but What do Lilly, Honey and the cats think of him?

AdoreMyDogs
05-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh Logan he is simply the most precious, fat bellied, smashie faced darling little baby! Oh I just LOVE him!!!!! Please give him kissies for me :)

Cookiebaker
05-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Oh Congratulations, Logan! What an absolutely CUTIE PATOOTY!! I smell the puppy breath all the way over here.

Gotta tell you, too, that it is threads like this that make surfing PT at work dangerous. :o I "snuck" on, and before I knew it, had LES; and just then, yup boss comes walking into my office. Whoops!! :o I couldn't wait to get home to read the rest of the story!

Sevaede
05-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Aw! What a sweet story and a sweet pooch! He is just too freakin' cute. :D

shais_mom
05-22-2006, 11:34 PM
OH LOGAN!
he is just precious!
I want to kiss his fat little belly! :)
ohhh the puppy breath
squeezes to Mack and Hugs to you!

LoudLou
05-23-2006, 03:47 AM
YIPPPEEEE! Frito Feet & Puppy Breath! Congratulations on the new addition... Mack prepare to be spoiled!

Adam Sandler had two, Meatball (RB) and Matzo. He's got some great little video clips of them on his site.
www.adamsandler.com (http://www.adamsandler.com)

lv4dogs
05-23-2006, 08:10 AM
OMG, what a cutie!!!! Congrats on the new addition!!! You know we are going to need to see a lot of pictures of this handsome fella don't you? :D :D

anna_66
05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Oh Logan, I'm sitting here getting all teary eyed:o

I'm sure Karen told you that she let the cat out of the bag and told me about Mack and I was totally thrilled for you and your family. There's really nothing that can make you feel a bit better than a snugly, wiggly little puppy:)
I can just tell that he's helping heal your heart and I really can't wait to see more of this little guy grow!
So what are the rest of the furkids thinking about this new addition?!

Big Happy {{{HUGS}}} to you and your family!

elizabethann
05-23-2006, 08:50 AM
OH.................MY......................GOD.... ..................

What a cutie pie. Congrautulations!

But I am dissapointed. I need more pictures. :D

More pictures please. :D :)

Did I mention I'd like more pictures?

pitc9
05-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Congrats and hugs to you!!
What a cutie pie!!!

Rachel
05-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Logan, he is a doll baby. Soooo sweet. :D I do believe your husband found the perfect RX for you & the whole family.. :)

And I have to add for us too. I think many of us were really grieving the passing of Zipper. Despite knowing of his recent illness, I wasn't prepared for the seriousness of what was wrong nor the inevitable outcome. It was really so sad.

When I heard the news from last Friday, I couldn't have been more surprised and yet heartened by the arrival of little Mack. Yes, like a Mack truck this little guy will take their family and Pet Talk by storm

Logan
05-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I hope you all realize how dear you all are to me!!! :)

To answer some of your questions, Mack turned 9 weeks old, yesterday. And yes, he is helping to heal my broken heart, although it isn't quite healed, for sure. He is serving as a great distraction, for sure.

I know at some point in time, I was quoted as saying I would probably never have another puppy and would always adopt through rescue. I guess Scott Bagley changed that for me and I will love him til the day I die for it. We needed some young life in this house, I guess, and something to make this mom laugh again. And I have laughed and cried at the same time.

Lilly hates puppies, bless her heart, and always has. Otherwise, she is the most gentle loving Golden Retriever you could ever meet. She is trying, with lots of help from us, to accept Mack. As long as he doesn't get near her when she's eating and when she has a toy, she's fine with him. Honey is leary, but she's doing better. In fact, just a little while ago, Mack was asleep in his bed, beside my feet and Honey came and went to sleep with her head right next to him (of course, my camera was in the other room). :)

Mimi and Butter are fascinated by the little fellow. He already weighs more than both of them, but he is learning some healthy respect for their "swats". Butter, bless his heart, wants to play and so far has been pretty nice to the new boy. Mimi and Mack have gone nose to nose but I've heard a few hisses from her when he gets too rambunctious. I really don't worry about the cats because I know that they have trained many, many dogs who have walked through my door. Honey and Lilly are so big that I do have to watch them a little more closely. Zipper would have been Mack's best friend, I think, as he was so gentle.

Zoe, I don't see Mack "meeting" Roger and Milly, at least not on purpose! :eek:

Mack had a good checkup with Dr. Robinson this morning, as well as Honey. He is 10.6 pounds and very healthy. :)

I'll show you more pictures, later.

Logan

PS. I'm going to need a new signature, aren't I? I'm not ready to take Murphy and Zipper out of my signature, but certainly Mack and maybe even Otto Fish need to be added! :)

Zippy
05-23-2006, 03:12 PM
That was so sweet of him.Zipper would want you to be happy.Zipper loved you and you him.
Mack is so cute.

wolf_Q
05-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Congratulations! He is really cute, I love his pudgy belly aww. :D You are going to have so much fun with him! :)

p.s. If you want a new signature I'd be happy to make one for you just pm me some photos

Logan
05-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Hang on, Amy, and I will take you up on your offer!!! :) I need to put together the same photos that Popcornbird used to make the last signature, plus some new ones.

Thank you!

Logan

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Gee, something was telling me to check the dog side, and boy am I ever glad I did!

Loga, I am so happy for you. Obviously Mack will never replace Zipper, but like you say, he sure can create a diversion to help you heal. He is just too adorable! I've always said if I ever got a dog it would have to be an EBD. I just adore they're little scrunched up faces and pudgy tummies. :D

Too funny that Butter wants to play! :D

You have a very special husband. Yes, you will rescue more Goldens someday, but for now, Mackies back in town! :D

RobiLee
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Oh my goodness! This post brought tears to my eyes and happy tears too! I am so happy for you, Logan. What a wonderful surprise from Scott. I think this is fantastic and I know this little boy is going to help heal your heart. He is a cutie! I can't believe we get to watch an English Bulldog grow up. I'm so excited! I absolutely love his name, his coloring, his little collar, just EVERYTHING! Gosh, I'm all giddy and he isn't even my puppy..lol. :D

{{Great big hugs for you, Mack and the whole family}}

Edwina's Secretary
05-24-2006, 10:51 AM
The things ya learn in a bar! (Thanks Debbie!)

Oh Logan! A new puppy! And a little Winston Churchill! Look at that puppy belly! Isn't he a doll!

Oh, congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Aw!!!! How precious!!!

He is adorable!!!

I'm sure Zipper, with help from Murphy, paw picked him out for you!!!!

I'm so glad you got a baby! There's nothing like a little one to make you laugh through your tears. They are so goofy as they try to figure out this thing called "life".

I wish you all years and years of joy and laughter and lots of doggy kisses too!!! :D :D :D

Lori Jordan
05-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Im so sorry i missed the thread of Zipper may both your babies RIP!Now what a handsome new addition you have!I have a new BC puppie and boy does he keep me Busy,it's good though,,,,Wishing you all my very Best...dont hesitate to share loads of pics of Baby Mack!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Checking back in to see if there are any new pictures *hint*hint* ;)

*lol* at Mimi and Butter! I could only imagine what it would be like at my house if I tried to introduce a puppy. Tinky would not have it... Jupiter is my curious little boy... and I would love to see how he would interact with a puppy!! :D I'm sure in no time..they will all be best buds! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
05-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Just look at this face!!!!
Don't you want to just kiss him silly? :D

Logan
05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Yes, Connie, and I DO!!!!! :D

Sara, I promise, more pictures, soon!!! :)

Logan
05-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Some more pictures, for those of you who asked for them:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p70656cb4536581bd1c99d876509d4cba/eed96a8c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p29583c91b9d731e677464aef4e867f35/eed96a7f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p5f3f8eacb2daf6e76baeae77afb48858/eed96a77.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/pf5a38cd05bce484815849d2841744f77/eed96a7a.jpg

We still need action shots. We'll work on that.

Logan and Mack

k9krazee
05-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Oh My Gosh! He is the cutest little thing!!!!

Killearn Kitties
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
:D :D :D He's the cutest little thing I have ever seen! I'm having difficulty deciding just what size he is though. Do you have any pictures of him beside a popular household item, at all? ... or a human? .. or, end to end, what is the length of the bed?

Logan
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Karen, I had a ruler handy, right here, and the bed is 18" wide. Our little boy, at 9 weeks, weighs 10 pounds. His "Daddy" is 65 pounds, so I feel like he will grow up to be a big boy. Just judging from the size of his paws, I have no doubt about that! :eek:

Logan

Husky_mom
05-24-2006, 03:54 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p5f3f8eacb2daf6e76baeae77afb48858/eed96a77.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/pf5a38cd05bce484815849d2841744f77/eed96a7a.jpg

Logan and Mack

OMG!!!! this two just cracked me up!!!! he´s so funny even asleep.......... give some hugs and belly rubs to that little chubby

we´ll wait for some awake ones though ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-24-2006, 04:12 PM
:D :D :D
Just love the one of him falling out of bed! It is just too adorable when puppies and kittens sleep in the most uncomfortable positions. :D

anna_66
05-24-2006, 04:12 PM
OMG! OMG! Look at that belly would ya:D I'd love to kiss it! Think you could do that for me Logan? How silly of me...of course you'd LOVE to do that for me:D
Mark and I just think he's the cutest little boy ever!!!

Rachel
05-24-2006, 04:17 PM
. His "Daddy" is 65 pounds, so I feel like he will grow up to be a big boy.
Logan

WOW! I had no idea that an EB would weigh that much. Here I thought you would now have a *mejium* like mine.

Thanks for the pictures, Logan.

Wakes up, Mack, we need a few NAWTEE DAWG stories out of you!

Killearn Kitties
05-24-2006, 04:51 PM
WOW! I had no idea that an EB would weigh that much.
:eek: Ditto! That seems an awful lot to me for not an awfully big dog. They are solid little things though!

Thanks for measuing his bed. I wish I could see him in person. The shot of him spilling out of his bed and sleeping on his head is just too cute.

Cincy'sMom
05-24-2006, 05:19 PM
He just gets cuter and cuter!!!

lizbud
05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
OMG will you look at this belly. :D He's all new and pinkish & precious. :)
Logan, I'm crazy about this little guy. :D

zippy-kat
05-24-2006, 05:54 PM

And now we know how they get that mush-nose! :D

He's tooooo cute!!

gemini9961
05-24-2006, 10:01 PM
How do you get any sleep? I would not be able to sleep having that little guy around, I'd be watching him sleep and play all day and night. He could not get any cuter, Logan. Mack, I do believe you are an instant hit here on PT. :D

K9karen
05-24-2006, 11:32 PM
And now we know how they get that mush-nose! :D

He's tooooo cute!!

ROTFL!!! I agree..the last 2 pictures are priceless!

gini
05-25-2006, 01:24 AM
I am just sitting here saying "Oh My" and the next picture ......."Oh MY"

Logan this is the best thing to happen to Pet Talk since Roger and Millie had young-uns.

Those feet - those paws.........I would be all over them...........kissing and teasing and loving on that belly.

Oh, Logan, I am so happy for you! "Oh My!!!!!"

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-25-2006, 06:41 AM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p70656cb4536581bd1c99d876509d4cba/eed96a8c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/p29583c91b9d731e677464aef4e867f35/eed96a7f.jpg

Logan and Mack

*SQUEELS* OMG OMG!! I just laughed and laughed at those pictures... just like husky_mom said he is even funny asleep!!!

Sure did brighten up my day!!! He is too much fun!!! I don't think i've ever seen a bulldog puppy before... i am falling in love with him fur sure!! :D

Pam
05-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Oh my goodness Logan! These pictures are sooooo sweet. This one cracks me up so bad! :D

I am having a moment of insanity now and want to go out and adopt a puppy! LOL! Just yesterday I was at the vet's picking up Trevor's special food and there was an adult English bulldog there. I was just picturing Mack and had to swoon a little. Your puppy pictures are making me weak in the knees! (Reminds self....*No, Pam, you must not go in search of a puppy.* Just live your fantasies through Mack)

Sudilar
05-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Congratulations!!! This is the best thing to happen!!! A pup is wonderful! He will certainly take your mind off of your great sadness....you won't have time to cry!!! He will make you laugh!! Wooohoooo, he is precious!!

Lobodeb
05-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Awww, what a little cutie pie!!! I just want to squeeze him to make him grunt! :p

Love that boy all you can. Maybe Zipper sent him to you?

My Peanuts
05-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Your baby is adorable.

I know what you feel right now. When RB Barney (Birth-until I was 13 years old) passed we got RB Angie 4 or five days later. Then When Angie passed on June 10, 2003 we got Sylvia one week later on June 17, 2003 almost to the minute that Angie had passed. They aren't replacements, but they help with the hurting. Angie and Sylvia did wonders for my family and I'm sure Mack will do wonders for yours.

My Peanuts
05-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh also, when Angie passed and I was crying all the time my neighbor came over. I asked her why their lives have to be shorter than ours and she said it's because we need to help more of them throughout our lives. No telling where Mack might have ended up without you. Those words really stuck to me because I never had more than one dog my entire life and now I have four! :p :eek: :rolleyes:

captain
05-28-2006, 06:28 PM
I asked her why their lives have to be shorter than ours and she said it's because we need to help more of them throughout our lives.

That is a wonderful thing to remember .....