PDA

View Full Version : Two questions concerning Tiger Lily.

Sevaede
05-22-2006, 12:14 AM
After some deliberation, I have decided that Tiger Lily may not be as old as I think she is (6-7 weeks now, 4-5 when I found her). Her teeth really haven't grown at all. I fear that her teeth will break when she eats kitty kibble because she seems to have a little trouble with that. Her little vampire teeth are about a third of the length of my pinkie nail and her bottoms are a tad shorter. The teeth in the middle are through the skin but just barely. They look like little zits. So, age estimate anyone?

Also, I found out something peculiar about Isis. She is not spayed, yet, so I don't know if I should be entirely surprised about this. I was holding on to T.L. and sometimes she gets distressed when I am giving her a once over for some reason or other. Isis will run to her with each and every cry, go "Mrrrooooow?", sniff her, and whatnot. What is up with that? :)

A few minutes ago, Soni was spooning with TL and giving her face a good licking. Now, she is curled up on the floor with a catnip filled mouse.

Laura's Babies
05-22-2006, 07:59 AM
How about soaking her kibbles in some milk to soften it if you think she has a problem eating it but she seems to be doing ok on it, she isn't starving and fattening up, isn't she?

Isis is just being a caring kitty when she hears TL crying and just wants to check her out to make sure she is OK.. Chester is like that. He knows Amy is "different" and some days when she is really having a bad day, he follows her around doing that pur cry thing like he is telling her to be careful. When she got spayed and I brought her home, he sat guard just a few feet away from where she slept all day and kept a watch over her and even now, no matter where he is sleeping during the day, on her bad days, he will check up on her every hour or so. He tip toes up to her real quiet, sniffs her then goes back to nap until it is time to do it again. There are just some cats that are "mother hens". Sounds to me like she wants to adopt TL and mother her. I see nothing wrong with that.

catmandu
05-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Or Mayne A Food In Pouches Like The Iams Select Bites, Or The Eukanuba Cans Which My Friend Feeds Her Little Kittens With.
Your Cats Really Are Bonding And Will Be Lifelong Friends.
And I Know That Thats A Very Good Thing.

Sevaede
05-23-2006, 12:09 AM
How about soaking her kibbles in some milk to soften it if you think she has a problem eating it but she seems to be doing ok on it, she isn't starving and fattening up, isn't she?

Isis is just being a caring kitty when she hears TL crying and just wants to check her out to make sure she is OK.. Chester is like that. He knows Amy is "different" and some days when she is really having a bad day, he follows her around doing that pur cry thing like he is telling her to be careful. When she got spayed and I brought her home, he sat guard just a few feet away from where she slept all day and kept a watch over her and even now, no matter where he is sleeping during the day, on her bad days, he will check up on her every hour or so. He tip toes up to her real quiet, sniffs her then goes back to nap until it is time to do it again. There are just some cats that are "mother hens". Sounds to me like she wants to adopt TL and mother her. I see nothing wrong with that.

Wow, I didn't even think about it. Yes, there shall be some kibble soaking tonight! No, she's not starving but she is getting a little belly on her! You can't feel her spine any more (well, any more than is healthy) or hips! :D

Aw, Chester sounds like the biggest sweetie ever. :) How wonderful of him to take care of his sister like that! :) Isis definitely seems to be a mother hen type. A private rescue was supposed to be calling me back about TL but I haven't heard from them yet. So, we'll see what happens with that situation.

Sevaede
05-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Or Mayne A Food In Pouches Like The Iams Select Bites, Or The Eukanuba Cans Which My Friend Feeds Her Little Kittens With.
Your Cats Really Are Bonding And Will Be Lifelong Friends.
And I Know That Thats A Very Good Thing.

Heh, she has been getting some Nutro Natural Choice wet food for the past few days. She really seems to like it. She also got half of a pepperoni slice (as she decided to take it upon herself to snack off of my plate! :D ) and a few milk sips. I am worried that they will bond too much and that when somebody shows interest and I have to adopt her out that Soni and Isis will be upset. But it will be easier for her to find a home than the older cats that I have been looking at adopting.