PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to know and have to register my companion?

Sevaede
05-21-2006, 10:54 PM
What am I going to need to know and have in order to register my Chi? I will be obtaining a pedigree and whatnot. What else is there? :)

Also, what do I need to know in order to make his registered name? I thought of "The Star's in His Eyes" (Orion as his call name.) Also, since I plan on us having fun with agility and whatnot, what are the rules/regulations/requirements/restrictions on the kennels name in his name? Is it part of his registered name? If so, is it immediate or no? Do I have to request it? Such as KennelsName "So and So" or "KennelsName So and So", etc?

GiantSchnauzer
05-21-2006, 11:14 PM
If you got him from a breeder then they should have already registered him. If not you can get an ILP...http://www.akc.org/reg/ilpex.cfm

Sevaede
05-21-2006, 11:24 PM
If you got him from a breeder then they should have already registered him. If not you can get an ILP...http://www.akc.org/reg/ilpex.cfm

Dogs can be registered twice, it seems to me after reading one of their pamphlets. The pups are supposed to be registered after whelping and then the "owner" registers them for a second time.

An ILP is something *like* a limited registration?

GiantSchnauzer
05-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Dogs can be registered twice, it seems to me after reading one of their pamphlets. The pups are supposed to be registered after whelping and then the "owner" registers them for a second time.

An ILP is something *like* a limited registration?

Right. Breeder should have registered the litter. Did you get anything from the breeder?

An ILP will allow you to compete in performance events not conformation.

Sevaede
05-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Right. Breeder should have registered the litter. Did you get anything from the breeder?

An ILP will allow you to compete in performance events not conformation.

Not as of yet. :)

Well, then I don't think that will be too large of a deal as I am not wholly knowledgeable about conformation and what it entails so I would not be ready, exactly, to participate in such events. :)