PDA

View Full Version : Bones would rain from the sky by Suzanne Clothier

wolf_Q
05-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Has anyone read this book? If so, what did you think of it?

I was a bit upset and frustrated because of Nebo whom I love dearly he just has his moments. ;) He is good with most dogs but sometimes he reacts to certain ones, usually bigger male dogs. At SYM he was completely fine with hundreds of dogs all around him, he sniffed noses with a few and even wanted to play with some. But a few got in his face and he snapped at them...he didn't hurt them and I don't think he was intending too, just telling them to "back off" but it upset me and I'm not sure how I should have reacted. I read the "He just wants to say HI" (http://www.flyingdogpress.com/sayhi.html) article by Suzanne Clothier again and it helped me. I've read some of the other articles previously on that website and thought they were excellent so I've wondered about buying her book. Just looking for opinions!

Glacier
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
It's the best dog book I've ever read. I love it! I don't think of it as a training manual. She doesn't really deal with how to get your dog to obey commands, but if you want to actually relate to your dog as another sentient being with his own thoughts, feelings ect, it's a great book!

cali
05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Suzanne clothier is exllent :D my former dog club hosted a seminar with her, about 1 year ago now, I never met her, but Misty did lol bones would rain from the wky is an exellnt book, it helped me out a lot :)

Cincy'sMom
05-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I'd not heard of her before, but after reading the article, I think her book would be very interesting.

At our dog walk yesterday, I kept my dogs away frm the other dogs unless the dogs appraoched them. Not always the easiest with 3, but although I know mine are very friendly, I also know that many dogs do not like other dogs in their face, and espically three at a time, and espically on leash. I was amazed at the number of people that let their dogs wander up to other dogs, regardless of size or the other animals desire to get away.

captain
05-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Had not heard of it, but might have to search for a copy here in Australia now ...:D

Thanks