PDA

View Full Version : We'll see how far I get with this one...

moosmom
05-21-2006, 07:23 PM
I've been turning it off and on and getting the blue screen of death. My computer is over 9 years old so I'm due for a new one soon.

If you don't hear from me for a while, don't worry, it's the !@#$%^& puter! :mad:

Laura's Babies
05-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Going to miss you! Get well soon (COMPUTER!)..

Flatcoatluver
05-21-2006, 10:21 PM
9 years old!!! :eek: I think its about time!!! My old computer only lasted 5 years!

davidpizzica
05-22-2006, 03:37 AM
Donna, I think it's ready to go to the computer section of the Rainbow Bridge!

G535
05-22-2006, 04:12 AM
Donna, I think it's ready to go to the computer section of the Rainbow Bridge!

Definitely!!! :D

MomOf7
05-22-2006, 04:36 AM
LOL thats what we call it...The blue screen of death...
Do not fret my friend...I too am the proud owner of a old computer too!
The monitor is so old its having major issues!
Not to mention the main power supply fan isnt running very well!
Need New Computer! http://207.210.105.23/forum/images/smilies/animated/yield.gif
http://www.burnleyweb.com/forum/images/smilies/animated/enough.gif
LMAO!!!http://207.210.105.23/forum/images/smilies/animated/yelrotflmao.gif
Lets have a race to see who gets a new one first...My bets on you :D

moosmom
05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Lets have a race to see who gets a new one first...My bets on you

Don't bet the ranch, girl. I don't have a pot to piss in OR a window to throw it out of right now. :rolleyes: :p So unless the computer fairies drop a brand new one from the sky, mine makes a MIRACULOUS recovery, or I win the lottery...

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON!!!

Jessika
05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
WOW, nine years! I was going to suggest you just upgrade, but I think your hardware is pretty much done with lol. Good luck, and I hope you get a new one soon!! If you have one near you, try a computer refurb shop. Refurbished electronics are not bad, they may have been used or broken at one point in time, but when something is refurbished that means it was sent back to the manufacturer and they replaced it with brand new parts. Its like getting the engine replaced on your car, lol.

RedHedd
05-22-2006, 12:58 PM
LOL thats what we call it...The blue screen of death...
aka the dreaded BSOD. I see a new computer in your future. They really aren't that expensive anymore, although they don't make them like they used to. I finally got rid of my old monitor which was almost 20 years old and still kicking. It was just too small for my old eyes to see, but still worked.

MomOf7
05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Don't bet the ranch, girl. I don't have a pot to piss in OR a window to throw it out of right now. :rolleyes: :p So unless the computer fairies drop a brand new one from the sky, mine makes a MIRACULOUS recovery, or I win the lottery...

IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN ANYTIME SOON!!!
LOL
Dont worry I know how it feels http://207.210.105.23/forum/images/smilies/animated/cursing.gif ...I am too broke for a new one right now anyways. LOL I have more pressing needs that need to be met before I spend money on a new or new to me computer!
My bets still on you darlin! :D

DJFyrewolf36
05-22-2006, 03:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/PC_explodes.gif

Does this seem familiar to you? ;)

I hope your pc lasts a bit longer! Have you tried going to computer shops and browsing the older stuff? Generally stuff older than a couple of years goes for really cheap, as the new games and stuff won't run on older equipment. I got my PC for $100 and its only about a year and a half old. Granted I had to do some fiddling to get it to work, but all and all its a decient system that does *mostly* what I want it to.

cyber-sibes
05-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Maybe all you need is a new monitor? Maybe? *fingers crossed*

Uabassoon
05-22-2006, 11:14 PM
It's that time for me too, mine is around 6 years old and I'm going back to school in the fall so I really need a good computer. I'm just waiting to hear back from financial aid to see if I'll get enough money to buy one.

moosmom
05-23-2006, 09:05 AM
My roommate Mark looked at it this morning and said the connection to the internet was out and that's why it was acting up. I told him I didn't think so, as it's doing the same thing it's done the past 3 times I've had it fixed, asnd all 3 times it had a couple of viruses. I wonder if cat hair is a virus??? :rolleyes: :p

That's not the reason, because I DID happen to get on VEEEEERRRRRRYYYY briefly before that damn BSD. I told him it's 9 years old and I think on it's last leg. He's going to look into a used one for me. I told him if he can find a cheap laptop that would be even better. We'll see. Thank goodness for my computer at work!!

Donnaj4962
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Oh Donna, I am right there with ya! My computer at home is as old as can be. Truthfully, I don't know how old it really is as I was fortunate to buy it from my work (I work for a non-profit and when we get new to us computers the staff has the option to buy the older ones at only $25.00 for CPU, monitor, keyboard.). :D

I am lucky that I have a great computer at work and I do most of my netsurfing at work (on breaks or after work), so my puter at home is mainly used for games.

The puter I had at home before my current one got a virus. Every time you would move the mouse to try to click on an icon, the icon would move, so you could NEVER click on anything! Someone has some serious down time to be able to cmeo up with something like that! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

I have been looking at new ones, and I see that the prices are reasonable, but I there are other more pressing things to use my money on (roof over my head, electricity, food) so I think, like you, a new computer is just not in the budget right now. :(

Good luck. Sounds like you're lucky that your roommate has some knowledge about puters that may help you with a band aid or two for now. ;)

Jessika
05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
My roommate Mark looked at it this morning and said the connection to the internet was out and that's why it was acting up. I told him I didn't think so, as it's doing the same thing it's done the past 3 times I've had it fixed, asnd all 3 times it had a couple of viruses. I wonder if cat hair is a virus??? :rolleyes: :p

That's not the reason, because I DID happen to get on VEEEEERRRRRRYYYY briefly before that damn BSD. I told him it's 9 years old and I think on it's last leg. He's going to look into a used one for me. I told him if he can find a cheap laptop that would be even better. We'll see. Thank goodness for my computer at work!!

LOL! Gotta love the people who think they know about computers, eh?? Your internet connection will not and will NEVER affect your computer by giving you the blue screen of death.... unless, of course, you downloaded a trojan horse or virus... but in your case I honestly think its just age that's an issue!

Believe me, if the "internet going out" messes up your computer... Then how do computers exist without internet? And besides, mine would have been done for lonnnng ago! ;)