PDA

View Full Version : My little boy is at daycare!!!!

Sirrahsim
05-21-2006, 06:31 PM
This morning I took Tyler to daycare for the first time!! It's just going to be an occasional thing for just a few hours so that he can play with the other kids, but it's a HUGE deal for me!
I dropped him off and he didn't even want to hug me bye-bye, he wanted to go play with the toys :( I just got home from the gym and now need to keep myself busy for the next 2 hours :eek: I'm going to shower and then maybe clean my kitchen?? The house is SO quiet without my little man!! I hope that he is ok and that he is being good!

Laura's Babies
05-21-2006, 06:55 PM
LOL! RELAX and enjoy your quiet house, he will be FINE and have a ball at day care.

Sirrahsim
05-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I made it 1.5 hours but I can't wait any longer! Hubby called to check on me :rolleyes: :D a little while ago and somehow managed to squeeze a promise out of me that if Tyler is being good and is happy I'll let him stay all afternoon as well :eek: :eek: :eek: I almost want him to be grouchy when I got o pick him up :D

critter crazy
05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Awwww......He will be okay!! we all go through this!! Johnny was the same way when i dropped him off for his first day at daycare!! Complete disregard for me!! all he wanted to do was play with the others!! :D

Karen
05-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Every momma goes through this - whether it is the first day of daycare or of Kindergarten. You WILL live through this, I promise!

Laura's Babies
05-22-2006, 08:17 AM
So... How long did he end up getting to stay?

Lobodeb
05-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Awwww, I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. When you said he didn't want to hug you, my heart broke for you. :(

It's so funny how having a child of my own has brought things into perspective for me.

Hugs to you, mommy.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Every momma goes through this - whether it is the first day of daycare or of Kindergarten. You WILL live through this, I promise!

That is so right, Karen!! Both my kids never looked back on their first schoolday; but they both left a crying mommy behind :rolleyes: :o

Pawsitive Thinking
05-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Bet he had a great time! Hard at it is for you to let him go to these things think of all the little friends he is going to make.

Sirrahsim
05-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I picked him up when I went in :) The nice Grandma type lady told me that he had been fussing up until 10 minutes before I got there :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm going to try again today but bring him in a little later after his morning nap and only do 2 hours total instead of 3.

He was VERY delighted to see me when I went in to pick him up :D :D :D

My Peanuts
05-24-2006, 12:19 PM
This is one of the best things you can do, in my opinion. Socializing is important, plus now you have time to get things done too. LOL, but I’d take my opinions with a grain of salt, I don’t have kids yet! :p

lizbud
05-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow, how old is Tyler? My children's first experience with being away
from home was Pre School which they could begin at 3 yrs old.They both
really loved it. Believe it or not,they even had a graduation ceremony
with little caps & gowns. :D