PDA

View Full Version : Update on Nebo's "indestructible" dog bed

wolf_Q
05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
If you recall Nebo's first episode with the expensive so called "chew proof" dog bed, he destroyed it easily. This was a $110 bed. They promised they could make one that he wouldn't be able to destroy, that it would be better than a refund. They sent it and it was the exact same bed except with a pvc type piping that you put around the edges and plastic ties to hold it down. I left him in it while at work the day after I installed it and came home to, you guessed it.......another completely destroyed bed. Obviously I am not at all impressed with their beds, but even worse is the fact that I have emailed them twice since then (and its been a few weeks) with absolutely no response at all. I requested a refund minus the cost of shipping both beds which is reasonable considering both beds were absolutely useless! I just thoguht I would inform everyone since you wanted to know if there was such thing as a "Nebo-proof" bed and I thought you would like to be warned before ordering from this company. http://www.cushionguy.com/Index.html

Iilo
05-21-2006, 06:40 PM
That's really too bad, Amy... I was hoping that on opening this thread I could be like, "YAY! A husky proof dog bed!"

I really want to buy Rien something for him to lay on during the day when he's in his crate... He loves his crate, but mommy can't help but wonder how comfy it really is without some sort of padding on it. But nothing seems to be Malamute proof. :(

gemini9961
05-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that Amy. Have you tried contacting the Better Business Bureau? Not sure if that would help any, just a thought.

critter crazy
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Hmmmmm............so much for me thinking you might have found me a Bloodhound proof bed! Drats! I hope you are able to get your money back! But I have to say, that if you bought it on-line Good Luck!! I bought some stuff online and didnt get the amount i was supposed to, and lets just say, I never got the rest of my stuff!!! I hope you make out better than I did!!

Pembroke_Corgi
05-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Sorry to hear about that Amy. Have you tried contacting the Better Business Bureau? Not sure if that would help any, just a thought.
If they won't refund your money then I would contact the BBB. They got me some money back from a bad credit card company!

Sorry to hear the bed didn't work- I hope they give you everything back!

shihtzulover850
05-24-2006, 12:02 PM
thats wrong!!! definetly go to the bbb

lute
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
that's a sibe for ya! it got to where i couldn't afford to keep buying beds for Gracie every week so i got to Yard sales an buy bankets. they work just as well and she seems to not "shred" them as much.

thanks for the warning about this company!

(EDIT: from what i can tell from their website...Nebo is stronger than a cougar!LOL)

elizabethann
05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Will you ever find a Nebo-proof bed? :eek:

Perhaps you should contact the military and ask them what the soldiers use in the field. ;)

P.S. I hope you get your full refund (plus shipping & handling).

Good luck.

Logan
05-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm going to go ahead and forewarn you, Amy, just in case you ever consider it, the Orvis Chewproof bed is not so chewproof either. Honey put a huge hole in the one I got for Murphy within 30 minutes of me putting it out. That one cost $165! I called them and they sent me a replacement cover for it. Within a month or two, it had major holes and they were working on pulling out the stuffing. When i called them and told them that it had failed our test, the lady asked me what kind of puppy I had! I was embarassed to tell her that my "puppies" were 7, 7 and 11! :o They refunded all of my money, thank goodness, and the "chewproof" bed went into the trash.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this problem but I do hope you will get some resolution to your problem.

Logan

SKEnterprises
05-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Amy,
We are sorry to hear the replacement bed did not last either. In our experience, there are some dogs that are more destructive
than others (no matter the breed) and are determined not to have anything in their crate. It all boils down to the individual dog
and their attitudes towards bedding.
The Cougar on our website is more "playful" than destructive. All the photos are real, supplied by actual customers, and the
testimonials are real.

Through no fault of the owner our product sometimes gets destroyed. We have many, many, many happy customers with these products and
a small percentage of dogs we can not get on a bed of any sort. As stated before, the breed doesn;t matter. We have other Huskies
that are happy customers.

We have a money back guarantee on the product you purchased and that is still valid. Our guarantee states the bed must be shipped
back to us to obtain a refund and we have not seen anything from you, so we have not done anything. Having someone call and make
meaningless threats is not too nice either.
We prefer to see these beds in person to help determine the failure, and be sure a dog was at fault. We have got beds back before
where they were cut up, or slashed, dirty and the people claimed the dog did it. Unless the dog had a razor knife in their paw it's
unlikely. We also always try to improve the product if we can. We will learn from failure to make a better product. Looks like we
will not be able to in this case.

There is no magic indestructible pet bed. Guess what the military uses: Cordura! Or at least the people I know in the sewn military
products industry use an imported version of it. Ballistic nylon is too loosely woven to resist the tearing a dog does to the
individual fibers and yarns in a pet bed. How do I know....we tried several beds made from it.
No need to be warned about our company, we stand behind what we say either on the phone or online.
Since you took the time to email us a picture of the bed, we'll go ahead accept that as the proof of destruction. We will process a
refund per our guarantee and send a check to the address listed on the original order form.
We appreciate you giving us a try, and if something better comes along, we will contact you to see if you would be interested having
Nebo test it for free. We are always searching for better materials to make these beds from. We have to balance durability and
comfort at the same time. I can make a bed Nebo won't destroy, but he likely wont use it as it will be as hard as the bottom of the
crate (Our Titan is close) but is being discontinued shortly due to the fabric no longer being available to us.

Look for the check in the next week or so.
Regards,
SKE

Our little Chee-Wee
http://www.cushionguy.com/pixx_015.jpg

and Happy
http://www.cushionguy.com/happy_winkin_at_me_.jpg

wolf_Q
05-30-2006, 10:15 PM
If you would have replied to the two emails I sent you (and I gave you plenty of time to reply...the last one was sent May 9th!) it wouldn't have been like this. I spend most of my money on my dog and I'm happy to stand behind products that work. I'm sure your products work for some people, and its OK that it didn't work for my dog but I did not appreciate being ignored and I hope you are not implying that I would cut up the bed. Trust me, I'd much rather have a dog bed I can use than the money, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

I'll be looking for the check, thanks.