PDA

View Full Version : Frosty Paw???

senoritaamy2001
05-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Iv'e been reading posts lately and I've seen this expression, Frosty Paw, a bunch! I've never heard of one. Can someone tell me what this is? And where do you get them?:confused:

sabies
05-07-2002, 02:19 PM
Frosty Paws is ice cream for dogs. Sadie and I had a free sample at a pet walk for cancer Sadie and I were in and she didn't care for it. Most dogs seem to LOVE it though. I'm sure someone can let you know where you could find some.

anna_66
05-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Actually, you can get them at the grocery here. I think they cost about 3-4 dollars for 4.

LoudLou
05-07-2002, 04:31 PM
You can also make them at home.

Home Made Frosty Paws
32 oz. vanilla yogurt
1 mashed banana or one large jar of baby fruit
2 Tblsp. peanut butter
2 Tblsp. honey
Blend all together and freeze in either 3 oz. paper cusp or ice cube trays. Microwave just a few seconds before serving.

Note: Baby meat can be substitued instead of the fruit and peanut butter.

Also found a recipe for Icy Paws:

Icy Paws
2 (32oz.) plain or vanilla yogurt
1 small (8oz.) can of tuna in water
2 tsp. garlic power
24 3 oz. plastic cups (not paper)
Open yogurt, if they are full to the top use a spoon & scoop out one cup. (these will be frozen as plain yogurt). Put half of the can of tuna in each yogurt container add the garlic power (1 tsp. in each) & stir thoroughly.

Use a spoon & scoop the mixture into the cups. Place on a tray & freeze overnight. Makes about 24 treats.

VARIATIONS:
Natural Flea Preventation: Mix in garlic powder, brewers yeast & fennel seed.
Veggie Delight: Mix in cooked peas or other vegetables.
Chicken Icy Paws: use canned chicken instead of tuna
Potassiam Boost: Add in a mashed banana.

slleipnir
05-07-2002, 04:38 PM
i don't know how healthy this is, but last summer it was really hot. Anyway I went to dairy queen for Ice Cream, and they asked if I wanted a free bowl for her, so I said yes. Anyway, I let her lick it up, but she took like 2 licks then made a slurpy noise and the ice cream was gone :eek: It was cute but..hrm..yeah..cute

Logan
05-07-2002, 04:59 PM
I found Frosty Paws at my local grocery store, in the human ice cream section. They aren't really ice cream though, but a frozen desert, just for our pups.

I have only bought them twice, and we still have two in the freezer for some very special occasion or a hot day. :)

They love them!!!! :D

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/7923/images/th_PMihGsCoBQIAAC8RQeQ_7923_9.jpg

CountryWolf07
05-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Interesting.. maybe I'll look out for those Frosty Paws sometime at the grocery store.. maybe Anna and Rosie would like them.. :) - Rachel

wolf_Q
05-07-2002, 11:07 PM
I was wondering exactly what that stuff was too. I'll have to look for it, I bet my dogs would like it.

senoritaamy2001
05-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Wow I had no idea this was so popular. It sounds great! I will certainly look for them at my grocery store next time I go. And I will even try to make them!!!! Thanks so much for the replys!:)