PDA

View Full Version : My, "GODSEND" Edit: Another pic added.

rg_girlca
05-20-2006, 03:34 PM
Nugget is doing soooooo darn well, that it just boggles my mind. I don't know if I am reading more into this than what it really is, but for the past week, it's like a calm has come over the house. It's unbelievable. It's almost like Nugget is the peacekeeper of the boys. There hasn't been any screaming out of Willy & Poppy when they are wrestling, Mooky has been so loveable, I haven't heard a hiss out of Sades all week and Chipper hasn't been off in a corner all my himself. All I can say is that Nugget has been a GODSEND. . Even when I come home from work, he is the first one to come out and greet me. It got to a point where I was mad almost everyday at my boys for the way they were misbehaving with each other. I was getting so depressed by it and kept wishing my Katie girl was here to put the peace back into the house. There were many a nights where I would lay there crying, asking God why he had to take my baby girl, when I needed her so much.
One of my friends told me, that maybe it wasn't a coincidence that Nugget came into my life. She said, "Just look at the circumstances. You lost your Katie at the beginning of October and Nugget was found around the same time." I'm not a very religious person, but her comment really got me to thinking, "Could it be???" And guess where Nugget has been sleeping lately. Right in the crook of my arm, just like my Katie use to. :D

My Godsend, Nuggy.
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/6acfe1ac8416cbc7a6352ec0241af1cd-.jpg

What took the other cats years to accomplish, took Nugget only 2 weeks.
Sleeping with Mooky.
http://prettykatie.zoto.com/img/45/d73817423fed886ed3b57727b1f3fde1-.jpg

Catty1
05-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Makes me wonder about Gary's Angel Nugget.

What a peaceable, lovely face!

Welcome home, Baby Nugget.

hugs
Catty1

Laura's Babies
05-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I think they are all God sent to us to fill a need we have or a need they have and they are here to teach us things. I don't think it is any coincidence that Samantha was found on my door step or that she spent 2 years returning to it every chance she got until our belonging to each other happened. It is no coincidence that it was Amy I brought home that day because she is teaching me MANY things about determination and goals. Giz also, was no coincidence, she has taught me to make life FUN and to never quit looking for a way to have fun.. Chester, now HE is the one that made this house a HOME!

God sent you Nugget to fill your heart with love that would ease your pain of loosing Katie. He always has a plan, even if we don't understand it.

jazzcat
05-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh Lorraine I'm so happy for you and Nugget. I know he is just what you've been needing! Way to go Nugget!!!! :D

jenluckenbach
05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
I have the chills.........:eek: But I do believe that things all happen for a reason. Hurray for Nugget.

orangemm
05-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Nugget was meant to be in your house. Maybe he 'talked' to the others and told them how it was BEFORE he came there and they realized that they have it pretty darn good and they better behave!

That is pretty amazing; he has had quite an effect on all of you.

That sweet boy!

catmandu
05-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I think that Katie Angel knew that you needed a Friend and the Pet Angel Army Relocation Centre guided her to just the right Cat to send you.
Nugget is putting aside something special for his little namesake tomorrow at the Mandarin and I am going to be there with my Friend.
Its 25 Dollars , but think of the Kitty Bags.

rg_girlca
05-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Laura, after reading what you had wrote, I went and re-read what I wrote and realized that I had made a mistake and went and corrected it. It was suppose to read that my friend said, "that maybe it wasn't a coincidence."

I think you're right Gary in saying that Katie sent this special guy to me to end the fighting that had been going on with my guys and bring peace back into the house.

It's true Lori, Nugget is truly something that I did need.

Thank you my dear sweet Katie girl, as meowmie is able to smile once again. :)

prechrswife
05-20-2006, 06:34 PM
How neat is that! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well.

Laura's Babies
05-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Actually, I understood what you were trying to say and I was agreeing with you.. We all make typo's and I knew that is what you had done. I figured you would catch it sooner or later.. I do the same thing (a LOT!).

catmandu
05-20-2006, 07:50 PM
At least here typos are understood.
I was on another site where I got an email from a well known writer.
I was eager until he wrote criticizing my spelling and would I please use spell check.
I would never be that petty.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture2001.jpg

auggie
05-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Lorraine, I believe that Nugget is your gift from God, who answered your prayers.
What a handsome sweet boy! I keep looking back at his picture and his beautiful blue eyes. The picture of him with Mooky is so adorable. My cats haven’t been that close in 13 years. I’m so happy for you that everyone is getting along again.

catnapper
05-20-2006, 10:26 PM
What a truly wonderful story. I got goosbumps thnking about it ((hugs))

I really do think this happened for a reason and Miss Katie sent him to you. She knew he was the right cat to fill her paw prints.

Killearn Kitties
05-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Isn't that amazing, how much things have changed between the cats? Nugget is clearly with you for a reason. I am so glad to hear that he snuggles into you when you are in bed. That must have been one of the hardest things to accept when Katie wasn't there any more.

Good boy Nugget! Hugs all round.

CultureJunky
05-21-2006, 04:21 AM
I think they are sent to us for a reason, and to be our friends and companions and help us through bad times and give us so many good times.
Whether that's a religious thing or not I'm not sure, or whether it's to do with God or whatnot.
I have depression and have had since I was young, and I know that Doris was the one that kept me alive because I loved her so much and she was my companion and always there for me, now she's retired, I have Jack & Sunny who I just adore and they make me want to get up in the morning.
I don't work due to my depression and being home all day is never dull because of them, they give me love and help me pass the time. Jack never leaves my side and is with me no matter what I'm doing.
I simply can't imagine my life without them.
I think Nugget definately communicated with the other cats, as apparently I read somewhere that cats don't actually meow to eachother but that they only meow for our benefit, and that they 'talk' to eachother silently, like telepathically. So maybe Nugget had a stern word! ;)

Barbara
05-21-2006, 05:50 AM
We never will understand the ways of cats communicating- but clearly Nugget filled a void which the others may have felt.
Plus he is so super-handsome.
I'm so glad there is peace in quiet in your house now- I only have two who from time to time rip each other's fur and I can imagine how it would be if there were 4 or more :rolleyes:

orangemm
05-21-2006, 01:29 PM
That second picture says it all...brotherly love. Nugget is truly a peacemaker.

kitimom
05-21-2006, 04:03 PM
rg_girlca, this is my "Nugget" (nickname for Timothy), he wanted to say 'hello' to your Nugget!!!
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/kitimom/005.jpg

momcat
05-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi Lorraine! Your Nugget is quite a little guy; as cute as they come, generous with his affection, and able to be a very effective diplomat when it comes to keeping the peace. I really believe that our pets choose us. Nugget sure knew what he was doing when he chose you.

rg_girlca
05-21-2006, 10:53 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. :D

Yes, Nugget is truly a blessing.

Kitimom; My Nugget says a big hello back to your Nugget. He is adorable. :)

Barbara, it's funny how you mention about cats communicating with each other, because whenever Nugget goes up to the others, he always bobs his head and comes out with the cutest little throat noise. It's hard to describe the sound, but it sounds like a brrup, brrup.

I'm just so grateful that Liz decided to give me a call and talk to me about Nugget. :D

Catty1
05-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Those "chirps" are cats calling to each other. I use them at the kennel sometimes if a cat is new and a little uncertain. If the chirp ends on a rising note, it is "Hello" or "you are pretty"

Oscar uses that with me when I call his name! So cute!

Again, hugs and blessings to little Nugget.

Catty1