PDA

View Full Version : Most Exciting News!!

Laura's Babies
05-20-2006, 12:44 PM
I am so excited that I am about to BUST!! 12 months after the explosion that burned Eddie so bad, he goes back to WORK Monday!! Part time and office work only but this is a major milestone! I am so proud of this boy of mine!!

Regina posted this on the web sight today...
"EDDIE GOES BACK TO WORK ON MONDAY!!!~ That's Monday May 22nd! How about that? He'll only be going for 4 hours a day and on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays he'll have to also go to Physical Therapy here in Gloucester pretty much right after work. This first week he won't be going to work on Tuesday or Thursday (I don't think) because he has a Derm appt. on Tues. and a Bone Doc appt. on Thurs. After that he'll go everyday. I'm assuming that he'll work 7-11 each day which means he'll be back to getting up at about 5:30 to get ready for work and leave by 6:00. The good news, for me anyway, is that he can now completely dress himself. He still has to wear the long-sleeved shirts but he's figured out to button all but the top two buttons before he puts it on then just puts it on over his head the way he does his undershirts. He's pretty proud of that accomplishment."

Killearn Kitties
05-20-2006, 12:59 PM
:D This is just amazing, Laura! What a long road it has been for you all to get this far. Sending the very best of luck to Eddie on the next stage of his journey!

Randi
05-20-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm happy to hear Eddie has come such a long way, and even can start work. What an achievement! Reason to be proud! :D

Best wishes! :)

smokey the elder
05-21-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm so glad! Getting back to work will help accelerate his healing, I think, since routine is good for people.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-21-2006, 08:53 AM
What a milestone this is!! Congrats to Eddie and everyone who made this possible! :)

sirrahbed
05-21-2006, 08:59 AM
What HAPPY news Laura!! I am excited right along with you. :D

Barbara
05-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Great news Laura!
Eddie and all of you can be proud. I hope he gets better every day :)

Laura's Babies
05-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I just can't believe that last year this time, we were just starting into it and praying he would live and seeing what he has gone through, that he is doing so good already. We were warned that it would be years before he could return to work... if EVER! He was in bed for so long that he had to learn how to do simple things all over again, sitting up, just holding his balance sitting was an accomplishment. Had to learn how to walk, feed himself, comb his hair and with a body that wouldn't move like it was suppose to. Burn scar tissue, does not stretch and it was extreemly painful to get it to stretch, sometime it ripped when trying.. There is just SO much involved in getting him this far that it is amazing that he is where he is today. He will end up being the Poster Child for the BTU Unite at Norfolk Sentara Hospital.

petslover
05-21-2006, 02:29 PM
wow. that is amazing. i am glad he finally gets back to work. I know you and your family must be proud.