PDA

View Full Version : Zippy-Kat Takes a SPILL offa Horsey :(

Cinder & Smoke
05-07-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey Ebberbuddie ~

Our favorite Bunnie Mom, Miz Zippy-Kat {Tonya}, had a axkadent :eek: on Monday and took a bad tumble offa a Horsey while she was riding at the University Stables...

Don't panic - she's purdy much OkeeDoKee - 'cept she gotz a reelee sore arm bone and has ta wear a big wrapper onna arm for a while...

Furst Bunnie, Sophie Wabbit, pounded out an e-mail to us for Zippy (she's havin a bit of a tuff time using the pawboard kuz the sore wing that's all wrapped up means she can't use her smart paw)...

Details are a lil sketchy, but after the tumble offa Horsey, Zipps's elbow wuz hurtin REEL bad, so she jumped inna Kar Traktor and drove herself to the hoppsbittle. The White Coats took a buncha X-rayz and telled her nuffin wuz *busted* :), but she bruised her elbow reel bad - so they wrapped her arm bone up wiffa fancee wrapper an sum plaster -
she's *wrapped* frumma arm pit to the tipz of her finnerbonze! :(

And if THAT wuzint bad enuff - she had a hole buncha sad newz fromma Fambily...

Her Aunt (Dad's big sister) got put inna hopsbittle - they think maybe she had a heart attak... Need sum PRAYERS for Zipp's Aunt!

And Missy Sara - Zippy's Fambily Dawggie - had a problem and had to go see the White Coats :(. Don't knowe what's wrong wiff her - but we need a hole BUNCHA Pet Talk PRAYERS and Paw & Klaw Crossin for her, too!

Please post sum *Get Well Quick* notes for Zippy here ~ She won't be able to answer each one - on account of the wrapped up finnerbonze ~
But she'll really preciate yer thoughts!!!

If ya e-mail her - It'll be the same problem - she's not used to usin the pawboard wiffa *dumb* hand... Mizz Sophie will try to help wiffa puter talkin - but don't spekt to see a lotta talkin from Zippy till she getz the udder paw workin up to full speed! :D

And ebberbuddie *Think POSITIVE* - Zippy's gotta take her Kollege FINALS on Thursday - Send sum Good Vibes down towards skwel in New Messico!! :D

Graduation [Yippie!!] is on THIS Saturday!

WE ALL Love ya, Zippy ~ Hang in there!

aly
05-07-2002, 12:01 PM
Oh Tonya!!!!!! I'm so sorry!! I hope your arm is feeling okay today. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I will also be praying for your aunt and for Sara. I hope nothing too serious is wrong with either of them. Keep us posted if you can. I'm sure we're all going to be worried sick about you and your family. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask me.

Former User
05-07-2002, 12:04 PM
Fingers crossed for your Aunt Tonya, and for you too of course. Paws crossed for dear Sara. Sending lots and lots of good thoughts from Belgium

((((((((((((Tonya))))))))))))

lbaker
05-07-2002, 12:07 PM
ohhhhhh nooooooooo :eek: :( what terrible news Tonya.... and what timing eh?? If this just happened yesterday you must be one sore bunnymom today and I wish you all the best. Hang in there - if good wishes could make things better I'm sure everyone here will squeeze their wish bones tightly for you. Maybe you could ask Miz Sophie to make you some parsley tea to help make things better. Thanks for posting Phred...I'm sure Miz Sophie and Zippy-Cat are much too busy taking care of mama right now.
Laurie

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2002, 12:15 PM
(((((HUGS)))))
Mercy!!! Zippy-Kat, what a time you are having! My prayers are on the way for you, your aunt, and Sara. In fact, for the whole family.
HOPE YOU ARE IN THE PINK AGAIN REAL SOON!!!!

sammi
05-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Thanks for posting this Phred.
Tonya, So sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are getting along ok. Will send prayers your way for you and your aunt and of course Sara. Think positive - things will get better soon.

thelmalu99
05-07-2002, 12:37 PM
{{{{{{{{{{TONYA}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, and about your aunt and little Sara!
Elvis, Danny and Yertle send snuggles and we wish you all a speedy recovery. :)

Logan
05-07-2002, 12:40 PM
Oh Tonya!!!! :eek: Bless your heart. I just can't imagine that studying for finals and painkillers would go very well together!

Good luck, my friend. Hope you will feel better every day, every hour!!! :)

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 12:45 PM
BIG BIG Thank you'[s to a certain Mz Sophie and Phred.xxxx

TONYA, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? GIVE US ALL A HEART ATTACK!! HOPE THE PAIN IS UNDER CONTROL. DO TAKE IT EASY AND NO RUSHING TO ANSWER THESE POSTS.

Hope all is going well with your Aunt. Thoughts and Prayers winging across to you and the family.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Lynne

Albea
05-07-2002, 12:46 PM
Hope you are feeling better today. Carina and I send best wishes for a quick recovery for you, your aunt and Sara

Edwina's Secretary
05-07-2002, 01:24 PM
As the old saying goes...how does the other guy look (or horse in this case!)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you, your aunt and my namesake - Sara!

Daisylover
05-07-2002, 01:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your accident...and w/finals coming and everything going on in your family. I'm wishing you the best.

Hope Mz. Sophie isn't too upset about this...she may have very strong words for you if you hurt the
bunny feeding/carrot giving/parsley contributing arm! :D

Karen
05-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Feel better, expect sympathy from professors, and make them give you extra time for any written or typed portions of exams!

The old saying is "break a leg" not bend a wing! Sheesh!

(Feel better!)

AmberLee
05-07-2002, 03:05 PM
:( :( :( So sorry you are hurting. {{{Tonya}}} hope that you zip through your finals in fine form, are feeling great soon, that Sara and your Aunt are feeling better soon, too. Take care of yourself, girl!!

Ms. Sophy, be real nice to mommy for a while. Maybe extra patience and cuddlies would go good now. Blessings on ya!

zippy-kat
05-07-2002, 04:50 PM
thanks for the well wishes guys!!

sophie's actually scared of me :rolleyes:

haven't heard anything else about my dad's sis

miz sara is ok--i can't type the whole thing now but rest assured she is doing well

wish i could type more but it's a little hard with one hand ;) luckily, i went and worked out my exams w/ my profs--i've got lots of time and a typewriter lol

thanks for caring!

LoudLou
05-07-2002, 05:09 PM
Aw, Tonya.:( :( So sorry you've got a bent wing now. Thoughts and prayers to YOU and your family. Miz Sophie take good care of your mommie.

Sending you a big Bunny Smooch http://animatedgif.net/animals/rabbits/tbhare_e0.gif

Corinna
05-07-2002, 05:40 PM
Zippy take it easy and as Merlin says you'll soon be soaring with the eagles again. Prayers going out for all of the family too.

Sudilar
05-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Prayers are being sent your way. Hope you all get well quick!!

Gio
05-08-2002, 03:26 AM
Tonya I'm so sorry about your accident. Please get well soon because we will all miss you a lot! I will pray that everything will go well for your aunt, Sara and your exams.

One thing makes me smile, Mz Sophie being scared of something? That's hard to believe :D

Prema, Maya and Foxy send their wishes too.

And thanks Phred for letting us know!

delidog
05-08-2002, 04:32 AM
oh tanya!!! so sorry to hear all this bad news....its' a long way to fall sometimes,isn't it?!?!??!
i hope that your sarah is fine and your dear auntie also...
get better soon!!!!!!!!

jackiesdaisy1935
05-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Oh my gosh Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, I'm sending wishes for a Speedy Recovery to you.
Jackie

Ann
05-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Hope your arm heals soon! Will miss your posts :(

Feel better and good luck on your exams!!

Dixieland Dancer
05-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Thank goodness it wasn't anything more serious! Do what the doctors say and don't rush recovery. Before you know it you will be flying again with both wings in working order again! I hope Mz. Sophie gets use to your new arm addition and isn't scared anymore.

Prayers to your Aunt for a quick recovery. And I'm glad Sara is doing better too!

Good luck on Final Exams! :)

Freckles
05-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Zippy, best wishes for a fast recovery to all your family.
Pleased to see you're on board, at least with one hand!

Cinder & Smoke
05-08-2002, 12:43 PM
First, from Zippy's Mom, we learn:

"Sister-in-law is doing OK, should be released tomorrow. They did not find the cause of the chest pains yet. Everything seems to be ok. Hopefully, they are not overlooking something.

"Sara is OK...just some minor leaking....they are going to start her on
medication to control it. She is young to experience this sort of thing,
but it does happen."

And here's the Hoss Spill Tail from Miz Zippy herself:

"Here's my best attempt to 'splian what happened...

Saddled up western hoss Winchester... he didn't like the bit - got fiesty - crow hopped, reared, NO BIG DEAL. Stayed on.
Got on Flaco (spooky English hoss)... he freaked when I set my camera onna fence, we did some nice FAST sidesteppin, no big deal, stayerd right on.
Got on BOMBPROOF Cadalliac (bareback), trot trot trot, lope lope lope lope <OPPSY!> <lost my balance> :eek: <plop> ...leave it to me to fall off the EASY guy :rolleyes:
So, anywho, got back on him and stayed on... Finished class, fed horses, went home...

OK, wrist/elbow is now reaalllly :( hurtin. Had hay all over me; decided at worst elbow is broken ~ But I ain't gettin' a cast on a dirty arm so I took a shower.
Got out--k--close to dinner time - no tellin' how long I'll be in emergency rm... Guess I'll eat dinner first. So I did! Went 2 emergency rm--MANY ppl there ~ Decided *maybe* it din't hurt as bad as I thought. Went back home. Took i.b.-profane and iced it. More I layed there, worse it felt. Finally decided to go back to emergenecy rm... 'n the rest u knowz. :D

Dad sez I should get into bronc ridin ~ tolz me "If ur gonna git hurt, ya might as well get paid for it!"
Hmmm... he does have a point..." :rolleyes:

Trials and Tribulations of Dealing with a Bent & Wrapped Wing reported so far =

1) Pounding onna puter pawboard
2) Managing the Head Fur
3) Fastening *button-up* :mad: blue jeans
4) Releasing pain pills from 'easy-open' container

And she'll prolly find a few more to add to the list... :rolleyes:

PS: Mom, Dad, and sister Alyssa are arriving Saturday morning to assist with the pre-Commencement preparations ~
She'll look :cool: BEAUTIFUL for Graduation!

gini
05-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Tonya, I have privately emailed you earlier, but I wanted to add my two cents today.

Please, don't go beatin' yourself up about this fall. It isn't much fun right now and it must hurt a lot.

But this is the type of occurance that you laugh about years later and tell your (grandkids) about - especially when THEY have their own happenings.

I send you big hugs and know that Miz Sophie is trying her darndest to figure out why you have a ghost on your right arm.

HA - AND I KNOW YOU ARE SAYING......

GRANDKIDS........WHAT GRANDKIDS????

zippy-kat
05-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Gio
One thing makes me smile, Mz Sophie being scared of something? That's hard to believe :D

lol poor bunny-butt finally decided i was ok to sleep with and then i raised my arm (to turn over and cuddle her)--scared her again...now we're back to square 1 lol:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
05-08-2002, 02:57 PM
loud lou--thanks for the bunny kiss pic! too cute!

"Mizzer I. B. Profain" ;) ain't workin'--still hurts like crazy--:rolleyes:

Mizzer Phred--i've got a bucket load more to add to the "can't do" list--luckily, this sucker comes off fairly quickily

zippy-kat
05-08-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by gini
HA - AND I KNOW YOU ARE SAYING......

GRANDKIDS........WHAT GRANDKIDS????

;) :p ;)
:D :D :D :D

tatsxxx11
05-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Dear Tonya. Just found this post! I'm so sorry you had such a nasty spill! Hope you are feeling better every day and that you heal quickly! Prayers are on the way for your aunt and Sara too.:( Miz Sophie, give your mommy extra snuggles. (Do you type???)

zippy-kat
05-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
(Do you type???)

Thanks sandra, guess i'm being a bit blonde-- didja mean me or miz sophie? :o

I guess i get to answer either way, huh? lol
i can type with my lft hand...i can't move any of my fingers on my rt hand (with exception to the thumb--and that still hurts my wrist).

my 'pologies if u were lookin' for a Miz Sophie "ants-er":o :)

tatsxxx11
05-08-2002, 07:18 PM
From one blond to another, sorry for the 'fusion....I was asking Miz Sophie!:D I can just see her pawing away, tryin to help her Mom!!! Hope you sleep well tonight! And keep that arm ELEVATED!

lizbud
05-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Zippy-kat,

Sure hope you and all the loved ones are doing
much better now. Wow, first you, then your aunt
& then Sara. Time for a little Good Luck for a
change. Oh, and would also like to offer early
Congrats on the graduation.(Don't worry about
those finals...You'll Ace um) :D Liz & Buddy.

Cinder & Smoke
05-09-2002, 06:34 PM
It's past 5 PM, New Messico time; sooo ~

Skwel's OUT...

Time to

C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E~

Yea, TONYA! :D :D

Way to GO ~

Kolleg GRAD! :D

We're all Really PROUD of Ya!!

:) ~ :) ~ :) ` ;)

zippy-kat
05-09-2002, 06:48 PM
THANKS!!

don't have any new news on my aunt yet--
thank you guys for keeping her, sara, & myself in your prayers!

{{hugs}}

Gio
05-10-2002, 05:15 AM
Congratulations to you from all of us!:D :D :D

Former User
05-10-2002, 06:41 AM
http://www.smilies.nl/groot/graduate.gifCongratulations Tonya!!!http://www.smilies.nl/groot/graduate.gif

zippy-kat
05-10-2002, 12:30 PM
thank u!!:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-18-2002, 12:04 AM
Here's the latest scoop on our Favorite Fallen Angel wiff da Bent :( Wing ~

Miz Zippy loaded Furst Bunnie Sophie up in the kar trakter after Graduation and headed over to Mom & Dad's Big Ranch for a little R&R. Seems the Bent Wing wuz still causing a lot of pain and was still swelled :eek: up... The Bent Wing was STILL hurtin so bad she went to the White Coat's joint on Thursday for more X-e-rayz.

The bad newz was the elbow was bruised - but the lil Wrist Bone was *BUSTED* :(! So she had to trade in the easy-off arm brace for a new splint/casty thingie for the wrist... And she hasn't figured out *how* to slip outta the new rig (yet). The White Coat sed the new cast thingie has to stay on for 4-6 weeks. Zipps is NOT a happie kamper rite now!

Which makes typin onna puter pawboard a real chore that's cuttin into her PT posting. Sophie has helped thUmp out a few posts and e-mails, but Bunnie Pawz can't quite match hoomin finnerbonez.
And to make matters worser - between Mom, Dad, sister Alyssa, and Zippy - there's only a cupla puters at the Big Ranch... :p

Let'z all send sum Happie Cardz & Get Well Wishez to our Favorite Bunnie Mom ~ She could use some *Cheering :D Up*!

Get Well
Reel SOON,
Zippy!! :D
We All MISS Ya!

lbaker
05-18-2002, 03:11 AM
PARSELY TEA ZIPPY Cummmonnnn...couldn't hurt :confused: must be sumpin we can dooz :confused: after all this you GOTZ to get bedder.. Oh Lord, won't you buy her - a night on the town.. Laurie

lynnestankard
05-18-2002, 09:51 AM
OH CRIKEY TONYA - SOUNDS DREADFUL

LOTS OF LOVE AND BEST WISHES FLYING ACROSS TO YOU.

Bagel, Ketchum and Dan say - Oh Miz Soffee yous Mummy is poorly an needz lotz an lotz of luvies and bunny kizzez from yous.
Share yous parsley wiv her an she'll get well soon! xxx

Lynne

AmberLee
05-18-2002, 10:06 AM
:eek: :eek: :( :eek:

Owey!!! {{{Tonya}}} -- heal as fast as you can! We're rooting for you.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2002, 11:58 AM
GET WELL SOON ZIPPY!!!
YOU ARE MISSED BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!
Of Course, MIZ SOPHIE is missed a whole bunch too!!:)

gini
05-18-2002, 12:14 PM
DARN, DARN, DARN!!! AND HERE WE THOUGHT YOUR PAW WOULD BE ON THE MEND ALREADY. JUST WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WITHOUT REGULAR ISSUES OF THE PARSLEY GAZETTE?

EVERYONE HERE LOVES YOU AND I KNOW ALL OF US WISH YOU A VERY SPEEDY RECOVERY.

BUT WE ARE GONNA MISS YOU SOMETHIN TERRIBLE!

LET THE FAMILY SPOIL YOU!!
XXOO

TheAntiPam
05-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Miz Zippy, I sure hope you are doing better now - adjusting to your cast etc... It is great that you can get a bit of help from your family - and Miz Sophie, of course!

Sorry to be late in writing, but congratulations on your graduation! I hope that your next adventures are full of fun and learning - and no broken wings!

Best wishes for your healing - and for going out into the big world as a college grad!

zippy-kat
05-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys!

I could slip outta the soft cast but can't get out of this one no matter how hard (well actually *easy*) I squirm! :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the well-wishes, encouragement, and concern--it's really lifted my spirits!

Parsley tea? I dunno about that Laurie! lol:p

re: parsley gazette lol---Sophie is thinking of the right words--she needs to tell u guys the "real" version of how i busted my wrist and what she gave her auntie 'Lyssa for her (Alyssa's) dance recital bouquet;)

And thanks Anti-Pam for the congrats!!!

AdoreMyDogs
05-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Oh you poor thing, Tonya :( I am so sorry about your fall offa horsey and your achy breakie arm :(

BUUTTTTT.....SCHOOL'S OUT! You've done it!!! I am SOOOO happy for you :) Yay Zippy! Way to go!!! You 'da woman!!!

I bet your parents and you sister are so proud of you :) Heck, I'm proud of you!

lynnestankard
05-19-2002, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
[b]
YOU ARE MISSED BUNCHES AND BUNCHES!!!
[color=deeppink][b]

LOL MOFF - It's That *PARSLEY* Again!!:D :D :D

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2002, 11:01 AM
OMG, Tonya!:eek: I had no idea! I'm caught up on all the Cat talk and am now getting caught up on the "other" stuff and I couldn't believe this! And here I've been sending you emails about the German program and that should have been the least of your worries! Hope your arm and wrist are feeling better by now. Sounds like you took quite a tumble.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation!!! You must be so glad that the finals and everything are finally over with. Here's to hoping Miz Sophie helps you celebrate in grand style!
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/luxhello.gif
http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fam/fam21.gif

jennifert
05-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Tonya, I had the weirdest dream last night!! In it I went and bought a horse, a 2 yr old stallion and was boarding him at this farm...Well, I bought him as a present for someone? and he hadn't been ridden in about 2 weeks so I went over to ride him and you were there and you were like "Don't do it, you'll fall and then you'll have to leave Pet Talk, like me!!" So needless to say, I woke up panicking thinking, "Mmmm when was the last time I heard from Tonya.... where has she been?" And then I remembered this post!! Silly I know but isn't it weird how this place is in my head even when I'm sleeping!? And I worry about members in my dreams!!
Anyway, congrats on graduation! Talk to you again soon!

:D :D

gini
05-21-2002, 11:23 AM
Miz ZippyKat, aka, Tonya - do you feel the love pouring out from everyone for you? You are even starting to show up in people's dreams.

All of us miss you and hope that you are resting. I hope the family is spoiling you and that Miz Sophie is behaving.

XXOO Gini

Cinder & Smoke
05-21-2002, 04:15 PM
Poor :( Zippy-Kat - our Wun Winged Wunder Gurl ~

Noticed yesterday that her lil FinnerBonze were all a purdy shade of BLUE :eek:

Thinkin this might not be a very good development ~
She trotted off to visit the White Coat...

They had to cut & loosen the cast a bit to give her handpaw a lil more wiggle room. Finnerz came back to the regeler pinkie color :D.

And sum Good Newz - Skewl sent her report cardy =

She gotz a 3.8 GPA

Along wiffa DIPLOMA!

Way to GO

TONYA!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2002, 04:25 PM
:eek: :eek: Wow! 3.8!!! That's fantastic!!!! Does that make you Summa Cum Laude? I can't remember the exact numbers from way back when. It should make you at least Magna Cum Laude! Watch out world, here comes Zippy-kat! (aka Tonya)

Sorry to hear your circulation was getting cut off to you fingers, but glad to hear it was nothing serious and you got it taken care of. Boy, other than having to wear a cast, life is good!

http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/kao/otn/pclapping.gif

Gio
05-22-2002, 06:13 AM
Excellent marks!

I hope your arm is getting better. We all miss you!

lynnestankard
05-22-2002, 08:43 AM
BLUE Fingers is Bad - PINK Fingers is Good!!:D :D

I'm sorry but being a Brit., I'm not aware of the American School System - but going off Phred and T & P's Mom - you did good girl!!!Way to Go!

You take care of that injured wing and come back recovered - very soon.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/chocolate.jpg

Lynne xxx

lizbud
05-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Zippy-cat,

WOW......EXCELLENT GPA SCORE !!!

Hope you arm & hand are mending nicely. You'll be back
in the saddle again in no time. All The Best from Liz & Buddy.:D

P.S. Wanted to ask a horse person this question, Are there
different classifications of horses?, I mean today's POTD is
called a "pony" but it's 16 yrs old. Does it depend on size
or breed whether it is called a horse or a pony? Thanks. Liz.

zippy-kat
05-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys for your concern! I've got a dr's apt in just a few so I'll type more to each of you a little later today. :o

Just wanted to say thank you for caring!:)

Lizbud, a quick answer to your question....There are different breeds of ponies such as the hackney, shetland, etc., but (*if I remember right*) the main difference is size.

zippy-kat
05-22-2002, 11:55 PM
LOL thanks for the enthusaism Leslie--I need it!! It's kinda lacking these days lol :rolleyes:

Lynne--you're too funnie! Thanks for the chocolates!!! (oh--and the Americans grade on a 4.0 scale)

Tubby & Peanuts Mom--don't worry about it--glad to help you out! ;) and THANKS for the congrats!!

Jenn---As much as I love PT, I would've got back on (and actualy I *DID* get back on <--hope mom didn't hear that!! lol) ride girlie, ride!!

Miz Gini- Miz Sophie? Behave? In the same sentence??!! lol :D

Gio- Thanks for your concern--can't wait to be back to 2 pawed typing! lol

Mizzer Phred thanks for keepin' eberybudy uppie-2-date! lol ;)

Lizbud - thanks!! can't wait to be back in the saddle again!!
ALSO: found this for ya in one of my horse books:

...the technical dividing line between horses and ponies is at 14 or 14.2 hands... hope that helps!

gini
05-23-2002, 10:49 AM
[

[Miz Gini- Miz Sophie? Behave? In the same sentence??!! lol :D

I forgot that "running amuck" runs in the family :p :p :p

I hope that your wrist isn't so painful now, just terribly inconvenient!

XXOO Rascal and Gini

lizbud
05-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Zippy-cat,

Hey, thanks for the info on ponies vs horses.
I had often wondered & thought it had maybe
something to do with size or breed.Take it easy
and you'll be healed up in no time. Give Ms.
Sophie a pat from me. Thanks, Liz & Buddy.