PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought walmart couldn't get worse

IRescue452
05-19-2006, 10:11 PM
I shouldn't have even gone to the fish section. The bettas have new cups- about 2 inches shorter than the old ones. Now they have to live almost sideways until somebody buys them and plops them into a slightly bigger vase. The crabs have smaller cups too. Some teenage kid picked one up and shook it. I told her off good. Boy would I have loved to kick her. This world is getting so depressing.

Argranade
05-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Ok that is horrible :mad: I dont know how ppl could do that.

But here the oppiste has happned at Walmart they used to have the bettas in smaller cups but now they have inlarged them to a good size maybe you could ask them about resizing and ordering some new cups and say how some wal-marts have increased the size of the cup so the fish is healther and happy.?

Karen
05-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Complain - in the form of a written letter, which you will CC to your town's Animal Control officer, and the local newspaper. You are not powerless, speak up!

Toby's my baby
05-19-2006, 10:56 PM
That is horrible! I agree with what Karen said, I'd complain about it. We just got a new Walmart (opened on Wednesday) and they have fish there, its only one of two places in town that sell fish. Anyways, the cups there are huge compared to what I have seen for other Betta's. I'm glad I don't have anything to complain about...yet.

chrissycat21
05-20-2006, 07:23 AM
That really is horrible! I hate that Walmart can sell fish! Luckily, the one by my isn't too bad. (The cups aren't too small and they are pretty clean)

I've heard that Walmart doesn't put the bettas in those cups, they are shipped to the store like that. So really the distributor is to blame for the small cups.

lute
05-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Complain - in the form of a written letter, which you will CC to your town's Animal Control officer, and the local newspaper. You are not powerless, speak up!
agreed!!!

Zippy
05-20-2006, 09:13 AM
I know I hate people who have no brains or respect for fish.Fish are living things they are pets.Some people i think don't think of them as pets.
I am lucky my walmart doesn't sell fish.

Alysser
05-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Poor bettas. No store should be allowed to sell bettas unless they are in the proper enviorment. They really should do something about this! :mad:

Chilli
05-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Poor bettas... our wal-mart doesn't sell any fish, and I'm glad! I agree that you should take some action to try to help the poor little guys.
I'm happy with our Petco, they've almost doubled the size of the cup that the bettas are in. :)

Zippy
05-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Poor bettas... our wal-mart doesn't sell any fish, and I'm glad! I agree that you should take some action to try to help the poor little guys.
I'm happy with our Petco, they've almost doubled the size of the cup that the bettas are in. :)

My petco did that two with the betta cups i was gald.

IRescue452
05-20-2006, 04:34 PM
I guess I'll have to put together a complaint. I'm gonna add in there that they shouldn't dye the water either. If anything that's a legitimate complaint as customers can't see the fish properly.

chrissycat21
05-21-2006, 08:08 AM
It's an additive that contains methylene blue, possibly among other things. Methylene blue is an antifungal and antiparasitic med. Jungle Bag Buddies are good to add to the water when shipping fish and they turn the water blue, so I'm pretty sure they contain it. Anyway, it's definitely good for the fish, so be glad it's there smile.gif. It either means the suppliers care enough to prevent a problem, or there was a problem and they care enough to medicate it.

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=141918&hl=BLUE+WATER

I did a search on the blue water and I remember hearing that it was something like that before. So don't complain to Walmart about the blue water, supposedly it is a good thing! :)

IRescue452
05-21-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm not so sure about our walmart, they've got blue, green, and red water. I complained online so now I'll wait for feedback and see if I need to take it further.

jackie
05-22-2006, 01:00 AM
You should have complained directly to the manager.

Are you close to the Walmart? Pop in and complain directly.

chrissycat21
05-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I'm not so sure about our walmart, they've got blue, green, and red water. I complained online so now I'll wait for feedback and see if I need to take it further.
Yikes! :eek: That's definatley not the medicine! The meds normally have a blue-ish green tint, but I've never seen red!