PDA

View Full Version : Tyson's replacement

lute
05-19-2006, 02:51 PM
as most of you remember i rescued Corinna's Tyson from a sevearly negelgful home. he had no food, water, shelter, toys, etc. i rescued Tyson and Corinna came down from Montana to Indiana to adopt him.

anyway, i was picking up my younger brother from school and decided to go see drive by this place. just to remind myself that this boxer puppy my dad and i tried so long to help was in a perfect forever home! :D i got there and there is another dog there!!! :mad: i pomerainian that looks just like my Beanie tied to an air conditioner unit in the middle of the yard. no food or water. no shelter, it's been raining for nearly 2 solid weeks and the poor thing was drenched!

i can't take her right now because i have the kittens. i called the PAWS no kill animal shelter. but they can't take any more dogs from Winslow. she said that Winslow's dog problem is becomming too much of their problem and they don't have room. people were bringing in anywhere between 5-10 strays a day from winslow! :eek:

i hate to make her wait, but the kittens are eight weeks old and adopted on the 14th of june. then i can make this poor girl go "poof!"

buttercup132
05-19-2006, 03:28 PM
OMG thats terrible!!!!

I wish you could do something now...cant you some how sneak food in there or something somehow?

Roxyluvsme13
05-19-2006, 03:29 PM
OMGOSH! Send the sweetheart to me :(. (I wish!)

Anita Cholaine
05-19-2006, 04:09 PM
That so sad :( Some people will never learn... Poor pommie..

Daisy and Delilah
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Those people need to be taught a lesson somehow! :mad: What's wrong with people? That kind of behavior is inexcusable. Thank you for checking on this house and caring enough to do something about it. Poor doggie-I wish I could help you :( :mad: :( :mad:

zoomer
05-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Oh geez, I hope she'll be all right :(

Corinna
05-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh Lexie I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you can do something for this poor baby. I know I got the best deal in getting Tyson.
People if you can get Lexie to get this baby for you, these people are not nice ,the scar on Tyson's back is a burn , eather from a chain or on purpose.

Karen
05-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Can you not call Animal Control? That's abuse.

Corinna
05-19-2006, 11:24 PM
If you all here on Pet talk could see the little town of Winslow. You would understand the huge task Lexie has tring to help any of these dogs . Hardly any of the dogs are fenced in so they are loose or tied up . The police department seems to have it's hands full just taking care of human problems. I don't think they even have a dog warden . The area is beautiful but as that goes towns die after the main industries go away.
I hope some one needs a pom badly, before this poor dog gets abuse by these idiot people. They get purebreds and then ignore them. Tyson is not showing any personality problems from his time there . But I think his puppy stage is being held on to longer than it should as he never got to be one, with others. I would do it all over again if I didn't have him or if I lose him and Lexie found another dog I wanted.

lute
05-20-2006, 08:09 AM
If you all here on Pet talk could see the little town of Winslow. You would understand the huge task Lexie has tring to help any of these dogs . Hardly any of the dogs are fenced in so they are loose or tied up . The police department seems to have it's hands full just taking care of human problems. I don't think they even have a dog warden . The area is beautiful but as that goes towns die after the main industries go away.
I hope some one needs a pom badly, before this poor dog gets abuse by these idiot people. They get purebreds and then ignore them. Tyson is not showing any personality problems from his time there . But I think his puppy stage is being held on to longer than it should as he never got to be one, with others. I would do it all over again if I didn't have him or if I lose him and Lexie found another dog I wanted.

thanks Corinna. i do have my hands full with this little town's dogs. no, we don't have a dog warden. the police don't care. the no kill shelter in the next town won't work with me. as soon as the kittens are adopted on june 14th i'm going to go get this girl. i just hope all this rain we're getting stops so she can get a break.
i gave her some food and water yesterday. she was TERRIFIED of me. she tried as hard as she could to get away from me. :( after i left she ate the food.