PDA

View Full Version : Working on training {{for Georgia & Buddy}}

zoomer
05-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Okay, I have been working with Georgia and Buddy lately. But harder training for Georgia because she is more advanced. Anyway, I have been teaching her to pick of the leash when I say Wanna go for a walk? Get your leash! I started that today, she's getting the point already. When Sarah came up I had Georgia sit, she was so excited she could not stand it, but I wouldn't let her any slack! Buddy started barking and going crazy at the Goldens next door... and Georgia was going crazy trying to join, but I had her sit and she did great. When we were walking and she pulled... even once, I would stop, and she would come back to heel. She is sure doing well.

Now, about Buddy. He is also doing well with his training. He is doing great with sit and down, and heel. We are working on stay and come right now. He is doing good, a couple more weeks of concentration and continuous training, and he will be the obedience master! About the running off stuff. He hasn't been doing it lately, but that just means he can't or is thinking about it.

Sooooooo that's the update :D :D

buttercup132
05-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Awww glad things are better.

zoomer
05-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Bump :)

shihtzulover850
05-19-2006, 10:42 AM
How do you train a dog to heel? I cannot get snuggles to do that. :D

zoomer
05-19-2006, 11:01 AM
How do you train a dog to heel? I cannot get snuggles to do that. :D

There are many books on training dogs and puppies but I suppose I could tell you :D I takes time but is simple with training unless you have an absoulutle CCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZYYYYYY dog. Hold the dog at heel, and walk a little bit of a ways, repeat the word heel. If you still need help just PM me:)

shihtzulover850
05-19-2006, 11:34 AM
okay thanks. I hope she is not to stubborn to do that. :rolleyes: :p

king2005
05-19-2006, 12:18 PM
thats fantastic news :)
Congrats on getting them more under control.. feels good doesn it? :D

Suki Wingy
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
It's a releif, isn't it! Everything runs smoother when your dogs behave ;)