PDA

View Full Version : I found a cat today

buttercup132
05-18-2006, 09:34 PM
I was walking to my freinds and this cat all of a sudden comes and like runs towards me and of course I pet it and he layed down and wanted a belly scratch but I had to go I was meeting someone. He ended up following me across then road!
The thing that bothers me is he way really skinny. I could feel his bones on his back really easily. I could take him cause I was going to my freinds for one and I'm sure she wouldnt let me bring a stray cat into her home.
I'm gonna walk back tomorow and try and get some cat food leave it there maybe he will be there again and this time ill bring it home and probly take it to a shelter.He is super freindly and now I feel really bad for leaving him there..I'm definatly going back tomorow

Laura's Babies
05-18-2006, 11:05 PM
GO! And take food for the kitty! Lets hope it shows up again.

buttercup132
05-19-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm gonna go right after school

catmandu
05-19-2006, 08:54 AM
He Will Probably Remember You, And We Pray That Hes Waiting For You.
A Tip Is If Theres A Pet Food Store Near You, Is To Take Some Free Samples Of The High End Cat Food For Him, So That He Gets Something Nutritional.
And Take The Kitten Food As He Needs The Extra Protein.
Good Luck With Your New Little Kitten.

buttercup132
05-19-2006, 01:59 PM
He looks around a year old. But I dont know I feel some what pointless to go back there because I dont know how I'm going to get him to come back.
Like I'm going to go and search all near there and stuff but what are the possible chances of him being there again?
I talked it over with my mom and she seems fine about it so there wont be any problems brining him home especially when she sees him. What also is weird and makes me feel really bad is that there was other people walking too and he ran up to me. Now call me dumb but its like he knew I'd help him. :confused:

Catty1
05-19-2006, 02:20 PM
There a quite a few stories here about cats that CHOSE people they knew were good for them...Catmandu had a little gal literally RUN into his house one day! I think her name became Gem2 and she was pregnant...and almost too young to have a kitten...but she did, and she and her kitten got a new home.

Just go back there with food and see what happens.

Cats KNOW...this one sounds really friendly - some food and love and a vet checkup, and he will be wonderful!

Keep us posted!

hugs
Catty1

buttercup132
05-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I actualy never thought this typ of thing happened in my town(like neglect to animals) but I guess it does. Theres a cat shelter in town and I wil probly take him there unless my mom says yes to a cat!! Wich would be wonderful because I've wanted one for a while.

moosmom
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I hope for your sake and the poor kitty's sake your Mom says yes!!!

buttercup132
05-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Well I just got back from there and no sign. But I'm going back at like 6:30 the time I saw him. It will be calmer everyone wil be in eating and it will be cooler out. Oh god I hope I find him!!!I also have work tomorow so I'll bring some free samples home and pput them where I found him and I'm going to TRY to get down there every day to see if he comes back.

Lizzie
05-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Can you take water with you also and something like an aluminium pie dish to put it in, then place in the shade? Well done on trying to help this cat and not shrug it off. My Willow chose me at the shelter, not so much by coming up to me since she's a shy social feral, but she kept sitting near me, staring up into my face and then watching me move around the room. She was very quiet, but very determined.

buttercup132
05-19-2006, 08:34 PM
I didnt get to go back there tonight but I'll stop there after work . I did pick up some cat food and kitten food like you guys said. There is a HUGE creek right where the kitty was so she has access to water, but ill try brng her some clean water.The only thing I'm afraid of about bringing her home is , its flea season...and I have 2 dogs and 2 bunnies so I would get in big trouble if she gave it to them. Hopefully by Sunday the food will be gone and then over the week I will meet up with him again..But I do know there are lots of cats that wonder near there cause I stopped some lady and asked her if she had seen her and she said no but she saw a black one with no tail. Hmm makes me wonder if theres more. At least they will be getting a meal too.

moosmom
05-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Hmm makes me wonder if theres more

Buttercup,

You BET there are!! It's kitten season honey. Just do what you can and hope for the best. And remember, you can't save them all. ;) (I guess I should take my own advice, huh??) All you can do is care for them and let them know they were loved.

If you need any advice, just holler. There are TONS of us (rescuers) here.

carole
05-19-2006, 09:42 PM
If you are worried about fleas, just pick up a tube of advantage,it costs 7.50 for a tube here in NZ, and lasts a month, it also works within 20 mins and kitty will be flea free, great stuff,frontline is another product just as good, now good luck and i do hope you can rescue this kitty and any others needing help.

buttercup132
05-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Okk thanks I have to get paid before spending any money and would like to find her first to make sure I'm not waisting my money. I hope I find her!!!!