PDA

View Full Version : My poor, wet, soggy Samantha

Vermontcat
05-18-2006, 09:28 PM
My sweet kitty Samantha was out on the front porch during a bad thunderstorm!
She really hates thunderstorms.
She was just soaked when I found her there.
I rubbed her down with a towel and gave her a really good brushing too.
I took a few photos of her doing the finishing touches of grooming between her toes and her muddy feet but I won't be able to post them until tomorrow.

I had thought for sure that she was curled up in her favorite sleeping place but noticed she was not there or anywhere in the house after my kids were in bed.
One of my kids must have let her out when I wasn't looking.
I'm just glad that she's back inside safe and warm and almost dry now. :)

catnapper
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Poor Sam! What a terror -- getting wet AND being locked out?!

If your storms were anything like ours, I really feel for her!!!

Laura's Babies
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Boy! Poor Sam locked out in a storm.. I am amazed he didn't beat the door down to get back in there.

jenluckenbach
05-19-2006, 05:13 AM
Poor Baby!!!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
05-19-2006, 05:49 AM
Poor pusscat :eek:

Killearn Kitties
05-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Oh Samantha, sweetheart, what are they doing to you? :eek:

I'm very glad that you are safe and dry now and I look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful furry self.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh no! Gosh Samantha, you should have meowed and made a lot of thunder yourself so your meowmy knew you were out there! SO glad your meowmy went looking for you when she noticed you weren't in any of your favorite spots. I hate the idea that you might have spent all night outside, all soaking wet and cold - poor baby! But you have the bestest meowmy in the world so instead you were safe and sound in the nice warm comfy house - whew! :)

Cataholic
05-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Samantha GOT WET? I cannot believe that!!! It is a wonder she didn't melt away to nothing. Glad to hear she is in and dry now.

Donnaj4962
05-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Aw, poor little Samantha. I bet you were so scared out there, all alone with all the noise. My girls are terrified of storms also. They can be scary even when you are inside with your family. Glad you were smart and stayed close to home, where you could get lots of luvvin' and get dried off rigth away.

Vermontcat
05-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I still need to get the photos off my camera and onto the computer so I hope to get that done later today.
Samantha said a mouthful of kitty curse words when I let her back in last night.
This morning none of my kids admitted to letting her out, I really doubt she let herself out.
We had seen a little sunshine yesterday afternoon so she was in and out with the kids after school but when my husband mowed the wet lawn she was back inside and she ate her dinner around 6 PM.
I'm guessing that she was outside for about one and a half hrs last night.
Part of our daily routine is for her to always gets extra attention from me after the kids are in bed, that is when I noticed she wasn't where she should be.
She would never spend the night outside, I would not be able to go to sleep without knowing that she was safe inside.
Today it has been raining all day -again- and she has been happily sleeping in her bed, not even thinking of asking to go outside again.

sasvermont
05-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Poor little Sammy girl. I bet she's going to wait a few days before she heads for the door! I think the rain is to continue until Tuesday in Vermont. Ugh. Maybe she should sign up for swimming lessons.

Glad to hear Samantha is ok and none the worse for wear.

SAS

Logan
05-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Poor sweet Samantha. Don't be too hard on Zoe. I know she was worried about you!!!! :)

catmandu
05-19-2006, 02:58 PM
My Mother Found An Used Dog House At A Yard Sale For A Dollar, And She Had It In The Back Yard So The Cats Would Have Somewhere To Go When It Rianed.
Even Then A Cat Could Get Soaked Just Crossing The 15 Feet The Porch Was From The House.
We Hope That Bewitching Samanthas Not Too Upset With You.

kimlovescats
05-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Oh my Samantha! If the kids let you out in the rain again, you'll simply HAVE to come live with Aunt Kim in TN!!! ;) :D

ChrisH
05-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Aw, poor Samantha, kisses to you sweetie.

zippy-kat
05-20-2006, 10:04 AM
OH Samantha, dear! How terrible! We wish you warm fuzzy towels and a loving lap to dry out on.

(You can come visit us... we've got 90 degree weather already!)

Vermontcat
05-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Here are some photos I took of her while she was cleaning up after her unexpected shower.

You can kind of see that the top of her head is still wet and shiny.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/wetsam2.jpg

Gotta get that wet spot too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/wetsam3.jpg

Her back feet needed a lot of cleaning.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/wetsam4.jpg

Must clean between those cute little toes.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/wetsam6.jpg

Almost done now!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/wetsam7.jpg

This is where she slept last night, right by my feet under the computer desk.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/vtcat/pets/samdesk3.jpg
She looks nice and content again and a lot cleaner. :)

jazzcat
05-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Poor Samantha! I'm glad she's safe and sound back inside. At least we got some great pictures out of her scary adventure.
LOVE those panda paws!!!! :D

rg_girlca
05-20-2006, 03:49 PM
AWWWW Poor Samantha. How scared you must have been sweetie. I'm so happy to hear that you are now safe and sound in the house.

I loved those pictures of her cleaning herself. Especially her pawsies. :)

Killearn Kitties
05-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Samantha sweetheart, I am so happy to see you safe inside, all fluffy and dry after the terrible ordeal you had! Kisses and snugglies to you!

CultureJunky
05-21-2006, 04:24 AM
Awww Samantha, the nasty weather got you!
I love the smell of cats when they come in from the rain and clean themselves though, their fur always smells so fresh and clean!
She looks like she's been through a car was in the first picture! :D

Barbara
05-21-2006, 05:46 AM
Samantha- that's just not fair to a lady like you. I am so glad you look your own elegant self again.

Sonia59
05-21-2006, 07:31 AM
Oh poor Samantha, it was scary outside isn't it? But your mewomie took good care of you and I am sure you had extra-kisses ;)
You did a perfect cleaning, I love your last picture of a very quiet and happy cat :)

ChrisH
05-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Aw, Samantha how beautiful you look! :D

Cataholic
05-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Samantha, that little spring shower made you MORE beautiful than ever, IF that is even possible!