PDA

View Full Version : Now there are 4!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Ok, I know bunnies......multiply very quickly, but this is ridiculous!

Yesterday morning when I left for work there was the teeniest tiniest little bunny on the sidewalk. I didn't want to scare him, but I also didn't want him sitting right in the middle of the sidewalk because we have a hawk nearby that would love baby bunny for dinner! :eek: :( So I slowly opened the door and he went scampering off into the bushes - whew! Last night when Terry got home he was out on the sidewalk again. We left and when we came back, he was laying near some irises in the flower bed. Each time he went scampering off as soon as he realized we were near.

Terry just got home today.........and now there are 4 baby bunnies! He had to go out to bring in the empty garbage pails and they actually started coming towards him - they're not even old enough to know to be afraid of people! :eek: :( Terry made loud noises and stomped his feet and they went scampering off.

They are just the most adorable things, but we're also sad because we're not exactly in a rural area where it's ok to be a baby bunny. We're thrilled to be able to see them this close up, but we're afraid for them, and we're both dreading the day we find a dead one. :( Hopefully that day will never come. Hopefully they will grow really really fast so we can't tell them apart from all the other bunnies around the house. And hopefully they'll learn really really fast to take care of themselves.

I will try to get some pics tonight.....

I had to come back to add just how totally adorable they are! The one last night was on the porch for a bit. He was doing this totally adorable baby bunny hop across the porch, then he evidently wanted to get down - which reminds me, I have no idea how he hopped high enough to get up there in the first place! :eek: But anyway, he wanted to get down so he peeked over the edge - then took a flying leap! :D :D He did a small somersault, but landed on his feet and went hopping off with his short little adorable baby bunny legs. He is just the MOST adorable thing! Can't wait to get home and see all of them. :D

RedHedd
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Aww! Sounds like they are super cute! Can't wait for pics! :)

lizbud
05-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Debbie, you are going to have to carry a camera in your pocket at
all times from now on. :D I could almost picture those widdle bunnies. :D

slick
05-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the sweet bunny tale....err....tail! Can hardly wait to see pictures. Please use that macro and get some close ups....at least close enough where I can kiss their sweet facies. :)

critter crazy
05-18-2006, 05:39 PM
Awww......I just love baby bunnies!! Can't wait to see pics!!;)

Catsnclay
05-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Any way you can make them into pets? :eek: :eek:

I'm sure CJ & Peanut would just LOVE some new playmates!! :rolleyes: :D

Lori Jordan
05-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I have tons in my back Garden in brightens my day seeing them and hearing the cardinal hanging around the house singing!!

Laura's Babies
05-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Sounds to me like they are looking for a HOME!! (And FOUND the one they want!) I'd put out food for them and fix them a box on the porch...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Waaaahhhhh....no sightings at all last night or this morning! Not even a single teeny tiny little bunny butt disappearing into the bushes as I drove up. :(

I'm thinking that maybe the mama bunny that hangs out in front of the house may have been running a day care. By the time I got home, all the other mama bunnies were home too, so the babies had already been distributed to their own homes....like maybe the neighbors bushes....? ;)

As much as I would LOVE to snag one and make it my own, a bunny in the house is not in the cards.....anytime soon anyway. And I'm also not going to do anything in the least to make them comfy (box on the porch idea) or to get them to trust people. Most of our neighbors don't like the bunnies because they eat their flowers and such, and I don't want these bunnies to not be afraid of people. My neighbors are great people, but I know how frustrating it is to have bunnies eating away at your flowers, (See Roses & too many Bunnies (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=80066) and I just don't want to take any chances with these bunnies.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open and hopefully I'll get at least on pic real soon before they start getting too big.

PS - I was carrying my camera around all last night and I kept checking for the bunnies. Terry noticed and said "What'd you do, put a post on PT about them?" He knows me too well. :D

Laura's Babies
05-19-2006, 09:49 AM
LOL! WE SHARE EVERYTHING HERE!! Don't he know that? Anything animal realate is a MUST to share!!

RobiLee
05-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Ohhhh, I hope you get a picture for us ;).

Donnaj4962
05-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a cute little family has decided that your house is the best to raise bunnies! I hope you are able to get some pictures soon! I just love little baby bunnies! They are so adorable as they explore. I sometimes see a bunny (adult) in my back yard area (I live in an apt. complex!) and maybe there will be babies this year! ;)

Keep us posted and post some pictures as soon as you can!

zippy-kat
05-19-2006, 06:31 PM
SQUEEE!

Aren't baby bunnies the cutest!?! It's been way too long since I've had a baby bunny fill! My "baby" bunny is a whopping +11 lbs now. :eek: He's as tall as Sid and as long as K'Cee... a BIG boy.