PDA

View Full Version : Lucas update 5-18-06

jenluckenbach
05-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Not much new except that the medicines are NOT working. :( His diarrhea is still as soft as ever.

Monday (5-22-06) he will have an ultrasound (assuming I can find the place :rolleyes: It is not in my area)

There is definitely somthing hard in his abdomen. It can't be inside the intestines because pood (albeit liquid) is moving out. But, is this the cause of the diarrhea? :confused: He had diarrhea before this was felt by the vet, and his new food seemed to work for the 3 months he has been on it, until recently.

Anyone know of a way to make a quick $285 USD??? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Anyone know of a way to make a quick $285 USD??? ;)
Get Kim to help you sell something on ebay. ;)

Sorry to hear the diarrhea is continuing and nothing seems to help. Hopefully the ultrasound will give some answers. Some curable answers preferably (in light of poor Zipper's sad diagnosis). :(

jenluckenbach
05-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Get Kim to help you sell something on ebay. ;)

ROTFLOL

I also thought immediately of poor Zipper. :( But in Lucas' favor, he does not seem sick in any other way BUT the extremely persistant loose stool.

Lizzie
05-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Frustrating as it is to help a cat with IBS, I hope they decide that is what it must be since the lump turns out to be nothing signifant. My Artful Dodger had IBS for about 7 years and I had to switch his diet all the time, in part because he'd decide to stop eating one just when I thought things had settled down and in part because he'd just become sensitive to something else. Out of frustration, I would buy him regular foods, though avoiding both corn and chicken, and they would work as well as the vet foods.

As for the money, no sooner did I adopt all those cats than the crowned teeth that I'd been told three years ago needed work suddenly started hurting ferociously. I spent the last few days handing over money to the vet that I don't really have and reeling from the shock of a $16,000 treatment plan from my dentist - and that's after insurance! :eek: If you find a way to make several hundred dollars fast, and legally, please let me know. I'm having home-made oatmeal for lunch but I don't want to live like this, I like food far too much.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
AWW poor Lucas (and poor Jen).

Sending hugs and positive thoughts to both of you.

catmandu
05-18-2006, 05:26 PM
We are praying for your Big Orange Cat.
And hoping that the White Coats can make him well.
We all know how much you love your Orange Pal.

Laura's Babies
05-18-2006, 06:06 PM
They don't have anything like Imodium for cats that you could try him on? That is what I take when I get the flying sh******.....and it helps sometimes, sometimes it don't and required a stronger anti-diarrhea from the doctor. Looks like they could do something...

Have you tried cooking him stuff at home like chicken and rice, skimming off ALL the fat, put in a blender and puree it? It could be a ingriedent in the bought stuff that sets him off?

Catty1
05-18-2006, 06:13 PM
If the hard lump is a benign something-or-other, and they need to remove it...get yerself to IMOM before you go broke!

I hope they DO find something, curable...how is Lucas' mood?

hugs
Catty1

jenluckenbach
05-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Laura, I too think they SHOULD be able to do SOMETHING! But we tried all the conventional medicines and even a few not so conventional. :( And I was given the option to try him on chicken and rice, but if he even licks my dinner dish he throws up. :( Poor sensitive boy.

Let's just hope we get a bit of a clue from this ultasound.

jenluckenbach
05-18-2006, 06:20 PM
...how is Lucas' mood?

hugs
Catty1
Lucas is about as normal as can be.

K & L
05-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Gosh Jen this has got to be so frustrating. It's worse not knowing what you're dealing with than what you are. I sure hope the ultra-sound gives you some idea what's causing all this. Hugs to you!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2006, 09:01 AM
get yerself to IMOM before you go broke!

What a fantastic idea!

Donnaj4962
05-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Poor Lucas... and you.

I am sending prayers and warm wishes that the white coats find the problem and he gets well soon!

kimlovescats
05-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Good luck Jen and headbumpies to Lucas.

Laura's Babies
05-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Lets keep fingers and paws crossed that the ultra sound finds the problem an that it is a easy fix! Any idea when you will get the results back on that?

jazzcat
05-20-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Jen. :( You and Lucas need a break!

rg_girlca
05-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh Jen, prayers on the way that something will come along to help poor Lucas with this problem.

((((((HUGS))))))

momcat
05-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi Jen! I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear that your sweet Lucas is still having problems. For your sake, as well as your sanity, more than anything I hope the whitecoats can determine what's wrong and it can be easily corrected. Prayers going out for you and Lucas. Please let us know what the outcome is?

jenluckenbach
05-21-2006, 06:56 PM
All fingers crossed for tomorrow's ultrasound. The last day and a half Lucas' poop went from chocolate pudding to chocolate milk. :( :( (EEWWWW< I may never eat or drink again :p )

The boy is so sweet, though. Since he needed to be without food for 18 hours I had to feed him several hours before the other cats' normal feeding time. And still, only 3 hours after he had eaten he followed our usual routine and went up to HIS cage, just like always. I had to close it without his food dish. :( I apologized profusely, but it is necessary. Tomorrow morning will be harder and his hunger cries will break my heart.

Pray as much for Lucas as you do that I do not get lost. I have to drive an hour to a city I have never visited for this ultrsound. I will have the results after the half hour exam, but will I know what we will DO with those results?

SIGH

rg_girlca
05-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Big time prayers on the way Jen, for your dear Lucas and that you have no problems finding the place.

((((((HUGS))))))

catnapper
05-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Oh Jen..... a million prayers coing your way for MY sweet Lucas boy! I love that sweet faced little guy so I will be praying doubly hard that the ultrasound gives you some information to help resolve his issues.

jenluckenbach
05-22-2006, 01:35 PM
:-( Update (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1501750#post1501750)