PDA

View Full Version : An animal filled morning, already!

Logan
05-07-2002, 07:18 AM
Even more than the norm!! :eek:

This morning, as I was driving Helen to school, we saw a lady frantically looking for her dog, very near to a busy street. We saw one dog running loose, and he crossed right in front of my car. I was able to flag her down and he went right to her. I blocked the road with my car until she was able to get him leashed, then rolled my window down and expressed my relief for her. She thanked me, then said that she still had another one to find. About 8 houses down the road, we saw the other one, and I pulled over, and Helen and I got out and tried to get him to come to us, but he ran away. The lady behind me turned around and drove back down the street to alert the owner that the dog was coming her way. Thankfully, she was able to get him back on the leash as well. These dogs were the Sharpei (sp), and I had never seen one before. They were both beautiful. I am so glad they are both safe! :)

Then, after taking Helen, I was coming up my street and as I got near the pond that is near my house, there was a mama Canada Goose and her three little babies crossing the road!! How sweet!!! I blocked the road again (including the trash truck that was behind me) to let her get across. Those fuzzy little babies were so cute!!! :D

I'm ready for a nap!!!! :)

Former User
05-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Wow, what a busy morning already! I love that how you let that Goose cross the street although having traffic behind you, well done!!

lynnestankard
05-07-2002, 07:37 AM
WELL DONE LOGAN - goodness me what a busy morning you've had - on behalf of Mum Goose - a great big thank you - quack!!!

Lynne

gini
05-07-2002, 10:19 AM
You know the old saying about being at the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time. Doesn't it figure that you Logan, of all people, would be in your car at just the right moment to help that woman find her dogs. That woman doesn't know how very lucky she was this morning.

The Canadian Goose and her little ones, how I would have loved to see that.

Dixieland Dancer
05-07-2002, 10:34 AM
I'm ready for a nap too! LOL

You and Helen sure have been sharing a lot of animal stories together lately! What a great gift to share!!! :D

LoudLou
05-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Great Job, Logan!!! I'm tired just reading about your morning! WHew!......of course it IS Tuesday!!! ;) ;) Wonder what to-nite will be like?!?! :D ;)

Logan
05-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Oh dear, Katie, it IS TUESDAY !!!!! Please keep your fingers crossed that the Tuesday Possum party doesn't happen tonight!!!! :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
05-07-2002, 11:51 AM
After the morning you had, a Possum Party is bound to happen tonight!!! Is there a full moon too? :confused: :eek: :D

Sudilar
05-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Multiple good deeds so early in the morning!!!! Great job, Logan!! :)

Logan
05-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
After the morning you had, a Possum Party is bound to happen tonight!!! Is there a full moon too? :confused: :eek: :D

The Possum Party was cancelled tonight!!!! YEAH!!!!! :D :D :D

lailamara
05-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Oh dear, Katie, it IS TUESDAY !!!!! Please keep your fingers crossed that the Tuesday Possum party doesn't happen tonight!!!!

What's a Possum party ? Do we have them in Canada ?

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-08-2002, 01:53 AM
originally posted by Logan
The Possum Party was cancelled tonight!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Man after reading about your morning I feel I need a nap myself. Glad to hear that lady got her dogs back safe and sound and definatelly proud Momma goose got across the road safe and sound with her little babies.......(special thanks to you). :) Wish I could have seen the little baby geese........i might woulda had ta get out an pinch em!!!!!! :D ;)

Gio
05-08-2002, 03:29 AM
The Possum Party was cancelled tonight!!!!

The word spread that you were not really up to a party last night so they decided to postpone it :D

It's clear that saving animals it's your real mission in life! :D

Logan
05-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by lailamara
Oh dear, Katie, it IS TUESDAY !!!!! Please keep your fingers crossed that the Tuesday Possum party doesn't happen tonight!!!!

What's a Possum party ? Do we have them in Canada ?

I know that if you don't read the dog boards, you wouldn't know about our Tuesday night parties!! I have two Golden Retrievers and lots of trees in my yard. For several months, Tuesday nights seemed to be "the nights" for the critters to decide to venture into my backyard. The dogs would proceed to chase them up a big tree and then refuse to come inside. Two times it was a Raccoon. And then several more times, we had 'Possums"! :eek: The animals were safe, no way were they coming down with those dogs sitting at the bottom of the tree, but my dogs just completely forgot any obedience they ever knew!! The Possum Party on Tuesday night has become a joke around here! I hope you won't have any Possum Parties in Canada, if you have a dog! :D