PDA

View Full Version : Emmaline, Sweet Emmaline

Don Juan's mom
05-18-2006, 01:38 AM
What a beautiful little lady to greet us today! I guess that ground squirrel got tired of being the "butt" :rolleyes: of your hunting games. But I hope you have a beautiful (and safe) day outdoors, and lots of loving and treats for your special day.

Liz

Donnaj4962
05-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Emmaline, you look so regal as you sit, keeping an eye on all that goes on in your yard! I love your fur! It sounds as if you have control of all in your yard, and that is as it should be!

Congratulations on COTD! You are so deserving. Lots of extra treats and luvvins should be coming your way!

catmandu
05-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Emmaline is so regal in her yard, making sure that things are were they are supposed to be.
She truly is one of the lovliest Cats that I have ever seen.
And we are glad that Emmaline is on patrol battling those silly Squirrels.
We are sending a Specila Huntress MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW To Empirical Emmaline COTD.

mom2lotsacats
05-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Emmaline,

You sure are a beautiful cat and the Maine Coon in you shows. :) Congrats on being cat of the day.

animallovernw
05-18-2006, 09:04 AM
You are such a beauty and we immediately thought our our Maine Coon
[now in cat heaven]when we saw your picture. Your coat is so thick and lush and you look so healthy and regal in your photo. :D
I wonder if our felines would take to a leash/tether....I think that is a great thing to do and keeps you safe but still have a taste for the outdoors.

Your antics with the squirrel is amazing. I'm surprised the squirrel lasted that long with your capture and release game :eek: I know ours wouldn't have :D
Ours run away and have little teeth :eek:

Have a purrrrrrrrrfect day as our COTD and know that it is YOUR day to shine!

Pearl ;) Keiko :p June :cool:

blue girl
05-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Emmaline, a beautiful name for a beautiful cat! You look so elegant and regal sitting there on your perch. I'm very happy to see that you are on your leash and not able to get out of your yard and into trouble! How lucky for you to have been rescued and placed into such a loving home. Its too bad your squirrel friend has moved away, but I'm sure you have lots of company with your family.
Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!

KitCat
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
What a beautiful, fluffy, cuddly cat! All cats are bed and sofa hogs...it's their job.
The squirrel didn't seem to mind your game much cause he hung around, but what a good cat to let it go!

lvpets2002
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
;) ;) I too just love your name & how so adorable you are ***** CONGRATS ON CAT OF THE DAY ******

Beauty17
05-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Your story about Emmaline and her "friend" reminded me of a story my sister told me about a neighbor and his cat. The neighbor's cat was an indoor cat, with no opportunities to hunt naturally. The neighbor decided to get his cat a special present for Christmas - not the kind of gift that I would support, but nevertheless, this is how the story goes: the neighbor got the cat (a meezer) a live mouse to hunt. The mouse was turned loose in the apartment with the assumption that the cat would joyously pounce on it and unleash its ungratified predatory needs. But that did not happen. Instead, the cat took the mouse on as its "pet," and used to chase or carry it - but never harmed it. I think that eventually, the neighbor took the mouse back to the pet store, and my guess is that the mouse was probably relieved. I can't imagine it was ever sure that its life was safe in the presence of its natural foe. It could be that the cat simply did not know how to hunt - generally kittens are taught by their mothers, in stages - the culminating lesson being how to deliver the killing bite, which involves placing one canine tooth between the vertibrae of the neck to sever the spinal cord. Sorry to be grim, but that's the official method. Anyhow - it's true that some cats know how to hunt but not how to kill, because we used to have one - and we used to have to capture the mice she had found and release them outside, because otherwise, there would have been endless mayhem. (We live way out in the country, in an old house, and the occasional mouse in the house is just a fact of country living. At my grandmother's we used to get snakes, too! I am glad we just have a mouse or too where we are.) Okay - I've been long winded enough. I am glad your friend Emmaline had her own friend for a while. I hope her friend appreciated the friendship. It must not have been too troubled, I suppose, or it would have found other dwellings.

Jax
05-18-2006, 10:47 AM
:D Emmaline, you are one ravishing lady! Look at that gorgeous coat, what a awesome girl! Congrats to LOVELY EMMALINE!! :) :D :)

athosjoe
05-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi Emmaline. My name is Angel. Congratulations on being COTD! You are Beautiful. I'm a Himalayian and live in Oregon with my Mommy and Daddy. My Mommy would like to know where your human got a harness that fits you. She has tried using a specially designed harness on me and I hate it. I would rather just lie down then walk around with that silly thing on. I have beautiful fur simialar to yours and I love to be groomed by my Daddy. I only let my Mommy do my cheeks. Please ask your human if she could respond to my Mommy's question about the harness. Thanks for brightening our day.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Awwww Emmaline,you really took my breath away!! You are such a beauty!!
You really deserve to be our Cat-of-the-Day!!!

orangemm
05-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Emmaline, what a beauty you are! You are sitting there so proud and tall and elegant, I am in awe!

From an awful beginning to a happy, safe, furrever home, what could be better? You are truly loved and treasured, as you should be.

Hope you get lots of treats, scritches and loving today. Congratulations!

...and I love the color of your leash!

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Emmaline what a beauty you are!!!

I got such a chuckle from you dragging your squirrel pal around by the bum!!! :D I wonder if he got dizzy? ;)

What a treat to see your wonderful picture today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!! :D