PDA

View Full Version : =D I love my LFS!!

binka_nugget
05-17-2006, 07:25 PM
I upped my betta count to 17 today.. :p I went to the LFS to check out the bettas. I ended up getting a copper double tail plakat male (who apparently doesn't have any interest in spawning but I'm still gonna try.. :p). One of the owners of the store gave me a discount so I got him for $10 bucks!! :D ANDDDDD she asked if I wanted a FREE HM boy! :D The HM boy damaged his tail (looks like fin biting) so she was gonna euthanize him (:() but luckily she gave him to me instead. :D

Unfortunately I don't have any pics but I'll try to take some when I do water changes tomorrow. :D

Chilli
05-17-2006, 07:57 PM
You're so lucky to have a place that sells such great and varied bettas! :o
The only kind we EVER get around here are VTs and CTs.
I'll be waiting for the pictures! :D

Roxyluvsme13
05-17-2006, 08:59 PM
*jealousy*
Send me some bettas, k? :D

Sevaede
05-18-2006, 12:03 AM
I upped my betta count to 17 today.. :p I went to the LFS to check out the bettas. I ended up getting a copper double tail plakat male (who apparently doesn't have any interest in spawning but I'm still gonna try.. :p). One of the owners of the store gave me a discount so I got him for $10 bucks!! :D ANDDDDD she asked if I wanted a FREE HM boy! :D The HM boy damaged his tail (looks like fin biting) so she was gonna euthanize him (:() but luckily she gave him to me instead. :D

Unfortunately I don't have any pics but I'll try to take some when I do water changes tomorrow. :D

How do they euthanize a fish?

binka_nugget
05-18-2006, 12:27 AM
How do they euthanize a fish?

There are a couple different ways (clove oil, decapitation, freezing, etc). This LFS was gonna euthanize by freezing him which I don't agree with (wouldn't be my chosen method and damaged fins weren't impacting his ability to breathe and eat).

chocolatepuppy
05-18-2006, 05:13 AM
I hope I never catch up to you with bettas Ashley! :p I have 12. ;) Can't wait to see pics, you fish are always gorgeous! :)

IRescue452
05-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Lucky bettas going to live at the betta resort! Freezing is ok by me as long as you do it right, with ice water to shock them first. I prefer clove oil though.

Zippy
05-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Congrats on your two new finkids.What are there names.I dream of owning a half moon betta(sigh) :)

Roxyluvsme13
05-18-2006, 01:53 PM
:eek: Some people euthanize by DECAPITATION?!?!?!
That..wow. I could never do that. I dreamed the other night that I euthanized Neptune with clove oil, though. :(

IRescue452
05-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Usually the people who do decapitation do so on larger fish, koi, oscars, and such because clove oil is out of the question and freezing isn't practical when the fish is as long as the freezer. I've heard of people doing this for smaller fish but to me it sounds weird to hold down a two inch fish and do that. I guess its pretty quick though so there'd not be pain.

binka_nugget
05-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Congrats on your two new finkids.What are there names.I dream of owning a half moon betta(sigh) :)

I've decided to name the DT PK Demetrius and the HM boy Lysander. :D

Zippy
05-18-2006, 06:06 PM
I dreamed the other night that I euthanized Neptune with clove oil, though. :(

What's wrong with Neptune?? :confused:

Zippy
05-18-2006, 06:06 PM
I've decided to name the DT PK Demetrius and the HM boy Lysander. :D

Love the names.Demetrius is my fav.of the two.

Roxyluvsme13
05-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Pretty names :D.
I'm still jealous..Please take me to your LFS! *bows down* :D:D