PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 160- Let's burn meat!

RICHARD
05-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Hi gang,

I haven't had a good Thursday :D for a long time....

So I thought we could open up the patio, dust off the furniture, fire up the grill and burn some meat?

I BBQed for mom's day and had a great time...

Beer, slushies and a DONE? :)

------------------------

We also have a B-day cake to cut!!!!!

Happy Birthday to LH......

He's out someplace with some turtles? :confused: ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2006, 02:45 PM
MMMM....BBQ, my favorite!

Beer, slushies and a DONE sounds good to me, bring it on! :D

Anybody remember Tom Hanks in "Bachelor Party"? "...charred animal flesh..." as he takes a blow torch to a pan with ground beef in it. :D

slick
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
MMMMMMMMM, I just love pieces of charred animal bits.... :D :eek:

Richard, does this mean that you finally have your internet back?? Yippeeee!!

One double Lemon Drop and some burnt meat please. :)

moosmom
05-17-2006, 03:12 PM
I take a Lemon Drop (make it a double) and a hunk of meat burnt beyond recognition. How's everybody doing??? Sorry I haven't stopped in Thursday's lately. Between working 2 jobs AND being sick as a dog, I've been sleeping and doing cold drugs in what little spare time I have.

RedHedd
05-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Yum! Charred flesh! I'll take a hunka. Make mine medium rare and and a Snapple diet peach iced tea to wash it down with.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-17-2006, 04:34 PM
I WANNA CHEESEBURGER!!!! and a cherry vc!!!
:D

davidpizzica
05-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I take a Lemon Drop (make it a double) and a hunk of meat burnt beyond recognition. How's everybody doing??? Sorry I haven't stopped in Thursday's lately. Between working 2 jobs AND being sick as a dog, I've been sleeping and doing cold drugs in what little spare time I have.
RICHARD, I'll have what Donna's having. (sits down beside her and gives her a HUG!)

Lady's Human
05-17-2006, 04:53 PM
One LARGE chunk of burned cow, please. Just singe the outside and make sure the middle is warm, please!

Can I make a request for the B-day cake? A black forest cake (and NO mario, you can't pick all the cherries out !)

lvpets2002
05-17-2006, 05:14 PM
:) Mmmm oh yes some burnt cow will be good with a bug chelt of Margarita..

Karen
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
One LARGE chunk of burned cow, please. Just singe the outside and make sure the middle is warm, please!

Can I make a request for the B-day cake? A black forest cake (and NO mario, you can't pick all the cherries out !)

Sure, I'll whip up a couple black forest cakes, using the Huntington Chocolate Cake recipe, of course. I say a couple because they're prettiest round, and one just isn't gonna last with this crowd.

And because cyberfood is hypoallergenic, I won't be allergic to the cherries!

davidpizzica
05-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Sure, I'll whip up a couple black forest cakes, using the Huntington Chocolate Cake recipe, of course. I say a couple because they're prettiest round, and one just isn't gonna last with this crowd.

And because cyberfood is hypoallergenic, I won't be allergic to the cherries!
Karen, another thing about cyberfood is that I don't have to worry about the sugar content of any food! Bring on the Black Forest cakes!

zippy-kat
05-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Ok. Just had to snicker a bit as "Let's burn meat!" is right under (or, with my post, I guess right above) a vegetarian thread. Leave it to Richard... ;)

Not a thing for me, thank you. My nerves are frazzled and my tummy is screwed up as a result. I'll just sit here with "HK" (hypoallergenic kitten) on my lap and soak in the laughs and friendship. :)

It's almost Friday!!

gini
05-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Wednesday is almost Friday? Sounds good to me............... :D

Any of the Black Forrest cake left? Mario - you are looking pretty sheepish..........what did you do?

kuhio98
05-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Count me in! I'll take my meat medium-well. I'm bringing a pitcher of Fat Mama's Knock You Naked (http://www.fatmamastamales.com/margarita.html) margaritas!

Lady's Human
05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
The look on Mario's face would explain the small pile of Chocolate that has been relieved of its cherries and whipped cream. OrC! Guard the Cake!

zippy-kat
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Wednesday is almost Friday? Sounds good to me............... :D

Two sleeps and we're there, baby!

slick
05-17-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm bringing a pitcher of Fat Mama's Knock You Naked (http://www.fatmamastamales.com/margarita.html) margaritas!
:D :D Well, you know how the song goes

Tequila makes her clothes fall off.....

No, no, not you Kuhio......the girl in the song.....you know....
Sheesh, I'd better quit while I'm ahead.
One big 'ol shushie to go please and thank you. :)

Corinna
05-18-2006, 12:49 AM
I have some venison we can burn. How about LOgan and keep her in our thoughts losing Zipper today.

captain
05-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Yes,
Yes,

Done :D

Thanks Barkeep

:D

RICHARD
05-18-2006, 01:56 AM
MMMM....BBQ, my favorite!

Beer, slushies and a DONE sounds good to me, bring it on! :D

Anybody remember Tom Hanks in "Bachelor Party"? "...charred animal flesh..." as he takes a blow torch to a pan with ground beef in it.

LOLOLOL,

I forgot about the charred animal flesh but....

Slushie?

DONE!

Slick,

I have taken two IDGAF days in a row, tomorrow morning I am going to see a doctor about my pinkie....It hurts! ;) (no internet yet...)

Lemon drop and Meat?

DONE!~

MM, David....

TWO LDs and some Burnt meat! and hands above the table!

DONE!

Redd,
Burnt meat and a peach snapple?

Ecletic? DONE! ;)

Moff,

Cheeseburger and CVC?

DONE! ;)

LP,
Welcome to our nightmare!

Burnt cow and a slushie?

DONE!

LH.

Singed cattle and BFC? want something to wash it down? :D

Happy B-day! YOu are most certainly welcome.
DONE!

Karen, thanks for taking over the baking duties...Wanna drink? Tea? SOMETHING? :)

DONE!

Zip,

How's about some good vibes?
I did not know about your post! honest!
DONE!

Hi Gini!

An LD for you? DONE!

Kuhio...

LOL, How apropo!

DONE!

Corrina,

Venison? charred? DONE!

Aye, Aye Captain!
Wanna slushie?
And what a bang up job with those miners that were saved!
Good on all of you!
DONE!

A small time out for Logan.... :(

And now onto our entertainment for the weekend...

A special show with Mario as the Emcee...Nice top hat dude!

and introducing.....

Lady, Possum and the orange kittie!!!!!!

the Animal Crackers!!! :eek: :confused: ;)

Oggyflute
05-18-2006, 05:04 AM
A BBQ!! :eek: Now were talking :D
How about some lamb on the BBQ washed down with a cheeky shiraz. :D

Aussie Lamb Chops

Ingredients:
2 tbl currant jam or jelly
2 tbl ketchup
2 tbl soy sauce
2 tbl brown sugar or honey
1 tbl dry mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
12 x lamb loin chops - (abt 3 lbs) cut 1" thick,
and trimmed
6 slc pineapple, abt 1/2" thick

Method:
In a small bowl combine currant jam, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Place lamb chops in large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over lamb chops. Close bag and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.

Remove lamb from marinade; discard marinade. Place lamb and pineapple slices in center of cooking grate. Grill pineapple for 5 to 7 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once halfway through grilling time. Grill lamb chops 7 to 9 minutes for rare (140 degrees), 10 to 13 minutes for medium (160 degrees), or 14 to 17 minutes for medium-well (170 degrees), turning once halfway through grilling time. Serve lamb chops with grilled pineapple rings.

Wine Recommendation: Want to blow your taste buds away? Try a Shiraz bursting with black cherry and ripe tannins. 'Nough said.

moosmom
05-18-2006, 08:18 AM
hands above the table

That doesn't mean we can't play footsie, right Davidp??? :p ;)

slick
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
OK Oggy, that's not fair when I'm sitting here without breakfast and starving. :p

A suggestion for next week folks. Why down we get "down and under" and go on a field trip to Oggy's place?

It's been hot here all week long.....upper 70's if you must know. Even poor Max isn't moving around much...just lays under the ceiling fan. I guess Mr. Weatherman is giving us a taste of what's to come for the summertime.

Gonna be a busy day for me today folks but I'll try to check in later. For now, one big tall glass of ice water will do.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Why down we get "down and under"
But I thought we were supposed to keep our hands above the table? :confused:

It's still been cold and rainy here all week, so Slick, I'll trade you a 70's day for a 60's day and up you one big ball of sun. ;)

Left over black forest cake for breakfast? Why sure! That's ok, Mario, I don't mind if all the cherries are picked out, as long as you washed your hands before doing the picking. :p

Coke for me for now. Boss is out of town and I'm so bored that I might actually do some work today just to make the time pass faster. :rolleyes:

gini
05-18-2006, 12:38 PM
It is one thing to come to Thursdays and leave our attitude at the door.........but how do you get rid of the sadness? Logan losing Zipper after just having lost Murphy.

Maybe that is what Thursdays is about - we all stop - look in Logan's direction and hurt for her - hoping to take some away from her and share her pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mario, you little brat - get your fingers out of the middle of that cake........I think you have gotten ALL of the cherries out of it - it sure looks appetizing now!! Come on over here and sit down beside me - I am going to tell you a story.........

Once upon a time there was...................................

Logan
05-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Thank you, Gini. What a horrible day it is as all the "next days" are. :(

Bartender, I could use something strong. Just remember that I don't like brown liquor and I don't do coconut.

davidpizzica
05-18-2006, 02:11 PM
LOLOLOL,

I forgot about the charred animal flesh but....

Slushie?

DONE!

Slick,

I have taken two IDGAF days in a row, tomorrow morning I am going to see a doctor about my pinkie....It hurts! ;) (no internet yet...)

Lemon drop and Meat?

DONE!~

MM, David....

TWO LDs and some Burnt meat! and hands above the table!

DONE!

Redd,
Burnt meat and a peach snapple?

Ecletic? DONE! ;)

Moff,

Cheeseburger and CVC?

DONE! ;)

LP,
Welcome to our nightmare!

Burnt cow and a slushie?

DONE!

LH.

Singed cattle and BFC? want something to wash it down? :D

Happy B-day! YOu are most certainly welcome.
DONE!

Karen, thanks for taking over the baking duties...Wanna drink? Tea? SOMETHING? :)

DONE!

Zip,

How's about some good vibes?
I did not know about your post! honest!
DONE!

Hi Gini!

An LD for you? DONE!

Kuhio...

LOL, How apropo!

DONE!

Corrina,

Venison? charred? DONE!

Aye, Aye Captain!
Wanna slushie?
And what a bang up job with those miners that were saved!
Good on all of you!
DONE!

A small time out for Logan.... :(

And now onto our entertainment for the weekend...

A special show with Mario as the Emcee...Nice top hat dude!

and introducing.....

Lady, Possum and the orange kittie!!!!!!

the Animal Crackers!!! :eek: :confused: ;)
RICHARD, I'd like a
chunk of a very well done steak and a lemon drop drink. I'll try to be a good guy with Donna!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok, I'm ready, bring 'em on!

More charred animal flesh and more slushies!

Oggy, I'm not much into lamb chops, but if you could throw some shrimp on that barbie...... ;) :D

slick
05-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Just taking a bit of break here too before I get right back at it. Looking forward to our 3 day weekend... :) :D Yup, our dear late Queen Victoria (no Mario, not me...) is having a birthday and we all get Monday off. I could so use the rest.

Logan, please forgive me for not acknowledging you in my last post earlier this morning. :o I did respond to your other thread. Please know that my heart breaks for you and I do understand the pain of losing a furbaby. Big {{{hugs}}} to you.

I'm with Debbie. Some nice charred bits would be nice. I just thought...."bits" is in the furminology dictionary and refers to...well...you know. Please, leave out the bits and give me a nice prime rib steak....rare please. Just wave it over the BBQ and I call it done. I mean DONE! :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-18-2006, 05:52 PM
We also have a B-day cake to cut!!!!!

Happy Birthday to LH......

He's out someplace with some turtles? :confused: ;)

Yes he's out in Oklahoma, at Post Office school and feeding the turtles in the pond they have there. They even provide the turtle food for you so that people aren't feeding them anything that will hurt them. There's also a couple of geese with a nest too. :D

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-18-2006, 05:58 PM

Here's your black forest cake LH, though I won't be eating any I have my tiramisu, I bought it for myself for Mother's day and it was so good I thought I'd bring one here to Thursday's for those of us who don't eat chocolate cake with cherries in it. YUK!

Richard could I please have something fruity? Any suggestions? :)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Look what I found! I have this fake flower arrangement hanging next to the side entrance of my house. I have been watching the birds taking straw out of the bottom of it and I thought they were making a nest some place else. When in fact they were building the nest in the arrangement and now I have at least 3 new tenants.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/468.jpg

captain
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Oggy, I'm not much into lamb chops, but if you could throw some shrimp on that barbie...... ;) :D

Me either - but shrimp, ......... mmmmmm, YUM!!!

Thanks Trev!!

Richard,
Those miners, yep, sure am glad they managed to be brought up out of the mine alive, however, I am getting a little tired of their "show me the money" attitude ......

Cheers

momoffuzzyfaces
05-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Look what I found! I have this fake flower arrangement hanging next to the side entrance of my house. I have been watching the birds taking straw out of the bottom of it and I thought they were making a nest some place else. When in fact they were building the nest in the arrangement and now I have at least 3 new tenants.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/468.jpg
How sweet!!!
I wonder if they will pay their rent in worms? :eek: :D

catland
05-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi everybody - sorry I'm so late - been so busy. :eek:

mmmmm - charred meat. Don't mind if I help myself. How about I put some of those beers in a bucket of ice on the picnic table and people can dive in. :)

Lady's Human
05-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Richard, can I wash down the BFC and dead cow with a pitcher of white russians?

LOH, IF you got the tiramasu from Aiello's you owe me when I get home! :p

Oggyflute
05-19-2006, 06:05 AM
No worries, :) How about this,

BBQ PRAWNS WITH ASPARAGUS AND PEPPERCORN SAUCE
The delicate flavour of asparagus and the bite of peppercorns make this a great sauce to have with BBQ prawns. If possible, use pink peppercorns - their colour blends well with the sauce so that the bite of the peppercorns comes as a surprise.
Ingredients
· 1kg green prawns, peeled and deveined
· 1 tin asparagus spears, drained
· Peppercorn Sauce
· 1 tablespoon Bertolli olive oil
· 2 shallots, finely chopped
· 1 teaspoon tomato paste
· generous squeeze lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
· 1/2 cup cream
Preparation
• To make the sauce, heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and add the shallots. Cook for a couple of minutes before adding the tomato paste, lemon juice and peppercorns. Stir well over a low heat until the mixture is well combined and slightly warm.
• Add the cream and heat gently, stirring continuously for a couple of minutes. Keep the temperature of the sauce low when adding the cream to avoid the sauce splitting. Keep the sauce warm while BBQ-ing the prawns.
• BBQ the prawns until they are just pink. Place a few asparagus spears on individual serving plates and top with a generous amount of prawns.
• Drizzle the prawns and asparagus with the pink peppercorn sauce and serve.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2006, 09:22 AM
No worries, :) How about this,

BBQ PRAWNS WITH ASPARAGUS AND PEPPERCORN SAUCE
Now that I can handle! Yuuuuummmeeeeee!!!!! Thanks! :D

Ok everybody, up and at 'em! It's finally Friday, the day Zippy has been waiting for since Wednesday!

Mario, sweety, you definitely need a bath! Were you digging in the pile of worms the birdies left for rent? Someone should have told them that all baby critters can stay here rent free! Hmmm.....maybe we should go fishing again next week since we have all these worms on hand....

Coke for me to start the day! I'm going to get some work done today. I tell you, I'm going to get some work done today, I'm going to get some work done today, I'm going to get some work done today.....well....after I finish checking the rest of PT, finish reading my email, play a game or two of solitaire, check PT again......I'm going to get some work done today?? :rolleyes: :p

Lady's Human
05-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Fishing again next week? Sounds like a winner to me. :D

I can never forget LOH birthday, ,it's the day after our country's b-day. Kinda hard to forget that, so SHE OWES ME!!!!! :p

RedHedd
05-19-2006, 12:24 PM
If possible, use pink peppercorns - their colour blends well with the sauce so that the bite of the peppercorns comes as a surprise.
:D Is IS Friday and the pink peppercorns are biting :eek: :p

Toss another pink peppercorn prawn on the barbie for me .... try saying THAT three times real fast! :D

zippy-kat
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I have no idea what a prawn is but I'm all over the asparagus! Love that stuff!

So, what exactly is a prawn? It's a little dough thingy isn't it... like a teeny-tiny dumpling? (Please, let's not have a re-occurence of the time I asked what a pasty was. :o Yeah, still have nightmares on that one. *cough*Gini*cough* ;) )

...Ok, maybe not... just took another look at that recipe. So it's a shrimpy thing?

YES!! It's Friday! FINALLY!! :cool: And what a good Friday it is... I got a raise ontop of my raise! And, come Monday, no boss for a wk and a half.

lbaker
05-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi guys, do you mind if I just sit here with Logan for awhile? If I remember correctly (although I'm not thinking clearly much right now) at the very first Thursdays, low those many years ago ~ Logan and I split a bottle of very dry white wine. Shall I decant for us my friend? Was that really 160 weeks ago. My, how the time does go. Zipster, I'll save "pasties" until July ;)

Karen
05-19-2006, 08:05 PM
prawn = shrimp (relative)

gini
05-19-2006, 08:09 PM
prawn = shrimp (relative)

Prawns are good and I think just a little bit larger than a normal sized shrimp.

moosmom
05-19-2006, 09:53 PM
I'll take a pitcher of Raspberry Vodka Slushies, please. One glass. This pitcher is all mine.

I got 2 boxes via UPS the other day from my brother. He told me to expect them. Little did I know he sent me HUNDREDS of pictures from our aunt (his Godmother) dating back to the early 1900s.

There are pictures of my mom in a graduation cap and gown, her 3 sisters and my mom's boss, Dr. Wells, all with the "thumbs up". I remember as if it were yesterday, and my heart hurts real bad. It was the day my Mom had her last chemotherapy treatment.

*Sigh*

RICHARD
05-20-2006, 04:07 PM
MM..

On pitcher of RVS..
DONE!

Gini,

Big shrimp? :confused:

Karen...
seafood...it's ALL relative! :)

LB and Logan...

one whiite wine...done!

Zippy,

prawns and pasties....Gotta get past "M" in the dictionary. ;)

Redd,

Peppercorn prawns in the barbie!

Done!

RICHARD
05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
LH...

Fishing any day of the week...

YOu have to admire women who plan on having their birthdays near holidays....
you HAVE TO remember them!!

I jug o' white Russians for the man...

DONE!

One Coke, six cubes for T&P..

I'll wash mario, lady and possum if you do the towels afterwards?
DONE!

Oggy,

You need a key to the bar...and an apron for the kitchen....WOW!!!!

Shiraz?

I am there!

Catland,

A little late but worth the wait?

Beer? DONE!

Capt.,

Big shrimp?

I heard they sold the story for 1.5 million....

Show me the money....indeed!

I wonder what they would have chosen at the moment they thought they were trapped?

Shrimp? DONE!

LOH,

that was a sneaky way to announce there are three more mouths to feed in the house..send the hubby on work vacation and break the news...

be back later!

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Fishing again next week? Sounds like a winner to me. :D

I can never forget LOH birthday, ,it's the day after our country's b-day. Kinda hard to forget that, so SHE OWES ME!!!!! :p

Don't you worry you'll get yours when you get home. :D ;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-20-2006, 06:21 PM
LH...

Fishing any day of the week...

YOu have to admire women who plan on having their birthdays near holidays....
you HAVE TO remember them!!

I jug o' white Russians for the man...

DONE!

LOH,

that was a sneaky way to announce there are three more mouths to feed in the house..send the hubby on work vacation and break the news...

be back later!

Hey, I didn't plan my birthday near the holiday it just happened that way. As for the new mouths to feed I don't have to feed them momma Robin is taking care of that just fine. Yes I found out what they were. Saw momma through the window sitting on the nest.