PDA

View Full Version : Are people getting MORE stupid???

jenluckenbach
05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
You will LOVE this one :rolleyes: This was via email to a One by One representative:

Mr. XXX YYYYY suggested I contact you about donating my three cats to your organization. Due to divorce, my cats have to be given up. I'd prefer not to take them to the animal shelter.

Cat #1 is Frusty. He is a neutered, dark chocolate male, 8 years old with declawed front paws.

Cat #2 is Misty. She is a neutered, gray female, 7 years old with declawed front paws.

Cat #3 is Cupcake. She is a neutered, blue tort, 3 years old and is not declawed.

All cats have updated shots and medical checkups through ZZZZZ Valley Vets. They are all healthy and live outdoors during the warmer months. I can provide pictures but do not know how to send them on email.

Please contact me about the possibility of placing them in good homes. Thank you

I wonder if she'd like a receipt for her "tax-deducatable" donation. :mad: GGGRRRRRRRRR And on top of THAT piece of stupidity, they are declawed and they live outside???

Just another one for the books. :rolleyes:

catmandu
05-17-2006, 02:08 PM
Jen, I Would Say Its Just Plain Ignorance And Indifference.
They Can Do All Kinds Of Fancy Things On The Computers, But There Are So Many People Who Know Nothing About Thier Pets.

moosmom
05-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Too stupid to live, I swear to God!!!! :rolleyes:

lute
05-17-2006, 02:37 PM
OMG! declawed and living outside! :eek: :mad: how can the poor things defend themseves or hunt mice?!?!

are you going to take them?

Donnaj4962
05-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I am constantly amazed at how ignorant some people can be! Poor kitties... they deserve to be with someone who will love them and keep them indoors!

Maybe the divorce is due to his "stupidity".... :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I caught that declawed/outdoor business too.. Divorce and having to give them up? MINE went with me when I got my divorce... It amazes me the reasons they can find to get rid of them after years of faithfull companionship. :mad:

Donnaj4962
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
My Tabitha came with me when I got divorced also! he didn't deserve such a sweetie in his life! LOL :p

Okay, so she was mine before we ever got together anyway but that is beside the point! Why can't one of THEM take the kitties that he is trying to "give away"????? I do not understand how people can be so callous and treat their pets like they are a commodity. tsk tsk tsk. I just don't get it.

catnapper
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok, here's our response:
Try another shelter who isn't inundated with kittens right now. Its currently kittens season and we have kittens up to our eyeballs because idiots like you think its ok to leave cats outside. What? you say they're neutered? Aw, so you should get a pat on the back? Nope, you also stupidly declawed your cats. And why can't you take these precious felines along with you now that you're divorcing? oh, they have a few little litterbox issues? Shame, but you did it to them, you can live with them.

lvpets2002
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Well I guess we need not ask why he/she is getting a divorce :rolleyes: ..
OMG declawed & outdoors :mad: That is just pittifull..
And I always thought if its a Female Its called Spaying & Male is Neutering :o ..

Just makes you adore that new country song of The More I Am Around People the More I Like My Dog & Pets in General..

catmandu
05-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I Was In The Petcetera Yesterday And Just Could Not Stand To See All Those Sad Lonely Little Faces.
All Meeeowing For You To Be The Person That Will Get Them Out Of Those Cages, And Give Them Back The Furr Ever Homes That They Once Enjoyed.
Damn, That Heartbreaking Knowing That You Have To Walk Away.

jazzcat
05-17-2006, 06:54 PM
This is why I say people should be required to pass a test to become parents and pet owners. Idiots!

Some gene pools just need a good dose of chlorine!

K & L
05-18-2006, 07:54 AM
No just as stupid as ever. I have a neighbor whos cat is declawed and it roams the whole neighborhood. She said he just wants out and she just can't keep him inside. It makes me sick. It sure makes you wonder about some of the human race!

Sonia59
05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Every additional line I read, I was more and more :mad: :mad: Ggrrrrrr!