PDA

View Full Version : My girl has been missing *UPDATED*

Flatcoatluver
05-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Can everyone please keep my baby in your prayers? My girl Kasey has been missing since Friday and I am starting to give up hope. She has gone missing but never this long. We have been searching and searching. We put up signs and asked around. I still have a little feeling she is out their, because this mourning we talked to this lady and she said she saw her, but our neighbors have a little kitty just like her. She is spayed and I just need your prayers. She always is with us every night, which worries me so much. Please pray for her.

Donnaj4962
05-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh no! I hate to read this! I am sending lots of positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes that your little one comes home soon!

Everything here that can be crossed.... is!

Don't forget to call the shelters and vets to see if anyone has brought in a stray! Please keep us posted!

Sonia59
05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
How stressful! I hate this situation :( I hope your Kasey girl will be back soon and healthy. (((Hugs)))

Flatcoatluver
05-17-2006, 12:12 PM
We have called all the shelters, and tonight my dad is calling the vets, while my mom looks for her. I am at school now and then have to go straight to work (couldn't take the day off) and will be really frustraighted(sp) not knowing what is going on untill 7:30. Thank you so much for your support.

Karen
05-17-2006, 01:09 PM
You'll be in our prayers!

Laura's Babies
05-17-2006, 01:13 PM
If she is out, she probably isn't that far away from your home.. Make sure you put food and water out for her every day. Klinger was found in a neighbors yard and had seen him there and that neighbor told Mike that was HER cat!

Flatcoatluver
05-17-2006, 01:52 PM
we have a doggie door were she can go in and out to get her food, she already knows she can get her food.

kuhio98
05-17-2006, 01:53 PM
http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm
I'm praying that you find your baby soon. This link may be helpful. Have you filled out lost pet forms at the shelters? Make sure to include a photo of her. And visit them every few days. Do not rely on them to call you if they think they have her. Go there and look at every cat. Ask if they have cats mixed with the dogs or in the infirmary. Look through the found pet forms to see if any were found close to you. And as awful as it is, ask to look through the DOA file. If the worst has happened, at least you'll know instead of always wonder.

catmandu
05-17-2006, 02:04 PM
The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Has Deployed Searchers And Hopefully Leaving A Trail Of Mandarin Shrimps Will Lead Your Kasey Back Home, Where She Belongs.

moosmom
05-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Prayers on the way. Is she microchipped???

Flatcoatluver
05-17-2006, 02:44 PM
No, if she comes back thats the first thing we are going to do.

moosmom
05-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Cats usually don't venture far from their food source. Could it be that she's stuck in someone's basement through a broken window, or a garage??? I know how you feel, the "not knowing" is the toughest part. How about going out and shaking a can of her favorite treats??

Flatcoatluver
05-17-2006, 09:27 PM
She's home!!!!!!
She is filthy and skinny but home. She is on my lap now taking a nap. She ventured off to the neighbors, about a 5 min. walk from our house. The neighbors were feeding her and said everytime they would go near her she would hiss. my mom and I are going to work on making her a inside cat. We will see how that goes. We think she is starting to forget her home, she will be 10 in a mouth. But she didn't remember us and we said her name and everything. She hissed at us and ran and got stuck in a cornor. When we picked her up she started purring. I did my high pitch noise and she climbed on me and licked me.

ashleycat
05-17-2006, 09:42 PM
My hubby took the cat out side once and she ran to the neighbors. I got her back that night. I went outside and she was crying momma momma. I felt soo loved :D

AbbyMom
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Thank god she's home and safe. PT prayers work!

Kasey, dear, you have to learn to stay inside now, OK?

Karen
05-17-2006, 10:07 PM
She's home!!!!!!
She is filthy and skinny but home. She is on my lap now taking a nap. She ventured off to the neighbors, about a 5 min. walk from our house. The neighbors were feeding her and said everytime they would go near her she would hiss. my mom and I are going to work on making her a inside cat. We will see how that goes. We think she is starting to forget her home, she will be 10 in a mouth. But she didn't remember us and we said her name and everything. She hissed at us and ran and got stuck in a cornor. When we picked her up she started purring. I did my high pitch noise and she climbed on me and licked me.

Does sound like it is time to make her indoors-only, both for your peace of mind and her safety. Good luck with the transition, maybe you'll be lucky and now that she's home safe, she'll not want out again.

Catty1
05-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh thank God! The Angel Army and PT Prayers...wow!

Now Kasey, you relax and enjoy indoors, where you can get a little cat tree and treats and catnip to enjoy! You make that home yours...you are a KITTY, after all! ;)

HUGS to you and your purrents!

Catty1

Flatcoatluver
05-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks so much for the prayers,
I will be needing all the advise I can get because she loves it outside and my dad wants her to be a inside/outdoor cat. It puts to mush stress and worring on me and its my summer project to make her a inside cat.

Laura's Babies
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Yaaaaaaaa! She's home! Glad you found her and she is safe and well...

Donnaj4962
05-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Happy dance! :D I am so glad that she is home safe and sound! I know what it is like to lose a furbaby... and I know that joy of knowing they are home again! Thank goodness for the PT prayers and the Army of Angels that help us in these cases! What would we do without them???? They work wonders, I am telling you! Amazing. Good luck with the summer project. I am sure it will be a challenge!

moosmom
05-18-2006, 08:29 AM
That is WONDERFUL news!!! I'll bet you slept well last night!

Sonia59
05-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Yipppiieeee! Oh I am so happy for you and your girl! :)

No advice to make her an inside cat. It's probably very hard as she is used to go outside. It may be a stupid idea, but could you have her used to walk on a harness with you outside?

catmandu
05-18-2006, 08:35 AM
The Pet Angel Search and Rescue Squad was more than happy to help out.
They get a free meal at Dennys for every rescue.
Talk about incentive.

Maya & Inka's mommy
05-18-2006, 08:47 AM
Seem to have missed this yesterday..... :(

SO HAPPY to hear that she is back home!!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-18-2006, 10:14 AM
When I saw the *UPDATED* in the title, I was so hoping she had made it home, and she did! Yippeee!!! :D

Does she wear a collar? If so, maybe you can start taking her outside on a leash so she can get her "fix" of outside, yet still not be able to wander away. The only thing is, I would only have her on a leash if she is supervised. There are too many ways a cat can get tangled in a leash if she is not supervised.

Good luck on your summer project! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Ashamed to say I missed this - but am soooooo happy to see she is home again

Flatcoatluver
05-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone!! This weekend my mom and I are getting her a new collor and id tag, I was thinking taking her out on a leash is a good idea!

Any tips for senior cats to learn how to use the litter box. She has been sleeping since yesterday at 7 p.m. Not sleeping for 5 days really wears her out!

Miss Z
05-18-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm glad she managed to get home safely! Don't scare us all again Kasey sweetie!:D

Kirsten
05-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Phew, I'm glad to read that she's back home!! :)

Kasey, never do that again!!

Kirsten

Barbara
05-18-2006, 02:09 PM
I am so glad she's home.
I have a friend who took in a senior kitty when he moved to a new home- this cat was left back by her former owners and was never used to a litterbox. I think the PT recommendations were to keep her in a room with a litterbox for a certain time- plus adding some soil to kitty litter.
In the case of this kitty all worked out fine (she was very old, so she passed away in the meantime.)

I think if you start a new thread you'll get many good advice. :)