PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Oregon towards N. California here?

Randi
05-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I got an e-mail from John's sister. Her and her husband are going to USA this summer. They will be driving from Seattle down to Northern California and back, as far as I understand.

Although I'm sure they have it all planned and organised, still some of you might have tips about where to go and what to see. :)

Thanks in advance!

slick
05-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Randi:
I'm sure some local residents will chime in here eventually but I've driven the same route and what I can recommend is the coastal route.....down the Oregon Coast and into Cali. It's is absolutely breathtaking and there are lots of little seaside communities along the way.

Now....that was my experience 15 yrs ago....don't know how much it has changed since then.

Also, I'm only about 4 hours from Seattle. ;) ;)

Randi
05-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Hmm, just as I had sent an e-mail back to them, John's son rings me and tells that he's going to Seattle on a business trip on saturday (he works for Nokia), he will also visit friends in San Fransisco. Wish I could go on business trips! Pout!

Slick, I'm sure they'll take the coastal route. ;)

Edwina's Secretary
05-17-2006, 11:42 AM
I was in Seattle on business two wekks ago. My first time to do more than change planes......How gorgeous!!!!!!!

Can you carry anyone's bags Randi?

Barbara
05-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Seattle is great.
Then Olympic National Park, Mount Rainier, Hoh Rain Forest (part of O. National Park)
Or instead of Olympic Mount Saint Helens.
The Oregon Coast!
Crater Lake,
Portland Oregon
coast towns like Bandon OR. Or Mendocino in Northern Cali...

Oh I wish I could go.
Why did my friend move to OC? :D :D