PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Mo Mo's Mum
05-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Hello to everyone

After much serching the net and looking at other sites I have joined pet talk and have been really impressed with what I see everyone seems really really friendly

I am 29 years old ( about to turn 30 yikes !) and live in the South Island of New Zealand

I have two cats

Max 6 years old who we think a burmese mix he is solid grey and very tall long lean and lanky. Max is very much the cat who walks alone he has only just started sitting on my knee but has always loved a pat and cuddle as long as it is on his terms ! and thank goodness and (with all fingers and toes crossed )no abcesses from fights for almost a year ( he was neutered at six months but never seemed to stop him getting into scraps don't even ask what he has cost in vet bills) But he is my oldest baby and I could never be without him He rather likes his brother Harry but they hate being caught cuddled up together and take great delight in chasing each other and having wee rough and tumble but he certainly rules the roost

Harry is 3 and is a large ( cannot seem to get weight off him have had to put a note on his collar asking the neighbours not to feed him ) ball of cameo coloured fluff who hates being brushed and who's main goal in life seems to be food ( he waits under the microwave when it beeps ) and a place in the sun and who could forget getting muddy foot prints all over everything and of course avoiding being brushed and combed, however you have never met a cat with a louder purr( he is commonly known as the tractor (my sister who is currently living with me refuses to have him in her room at night as she can't sleep ) or more loving and we have reached an agreement on the brushing he doesn't get brushed very often instead we cut the knots and matted bits out with the aid of the trusty sewing sissors and my gardening gloves.

Of course and last but by no means least is Molly the nearly two year old puppy .Her mother is LabXGerman Wire Hair Pointer and Dad is LabXboxer although after staying at the Kennels with a fantastic family who breed German Short Haired Pointers they suspect there may be a bit of Rhodesian Ridge Back in her as well. She loves everybody in a very energetic fasion that involves lots of leaping and running ( unfortunelty after several bad experience's she is really really not keen on small dogs) and is very very enegetic with the empahsis on very and full on she loves to run and has two speeds full on and asleep

I will get some photos up once I work out how !

As for me as above am about to turn 30 :confused: after working as a property manager for 8 years I have just started with a government department that deals with , well it's very hard in a short space of time to decsribe ( without boring people to death) but it deals with managing the environmental resources to make sure that water, land and air resources are used carefully and wisely with as little extra pollution etc as possible.

It has been a bit of a shock to the system to go back to a 9-5 in the office all day job after the freedom of being in and out all day in property management. Although on the upside it has given me a lot more flexability with my hours so I hope to start the black beast ( as we call molly ) with agility training soon

Not much more I can say accept of course I love my babies dearly and that I hope to get to know lots of you :D

Sarah

CatLuvrs
05-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Hello I am Michelle and have 3 kitties the pic is in my siggie. PT is awesome you will love it here. Glad you could join and can't wait to see the pics!

Killearn Kitties
05-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Sarah, it was great to read about you and your sweeties. You describe them very well and I am really looking forward to seeing their pictures, once you get organised.

I'm Karen, and I live in Scotland. I have three cats, a mother who showed up in the garden one day looking for shelter for her two babies. She was at the stage of cutting them loose and moving on, but fortunately we managed to keep them around. They spend most of their time in the house these days, but still enjoy sniffing the breeze in the garden on good days. I have attached their picture for you to see them.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p951c5330b83a09245415de9288292024/fbf9ca7e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p094125474ff681fbdf4b5fed3d865f02/fa80d0be.jpg

Zippy
05-17-2006, 11:15 AM
hello i am nikki and you can see my baby Zippy in my sig Welcome to PT

shihtzulover850
05-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Welcome to pet talk! I am owned by one shih tzu named snuggles! :D

Mo Mo's Mum
05-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Well the title sums it up thanks for the welcome

The photos are comming but having only just got a computer they are all over the place so just gettting some back and some new ones

Oggyflute
05-18-2006, 04:55 AM
G'day Sarah, and welcome to Pet Talk. :)

Ginger's Mom
05-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Hi Sarah, welcome to Pet Talk. I found Pet Talk just two months after getting a computer, so I didn't have any pictures nor did I know how to load them. I guarentee you will learn quickly, :) . Your furkids sound very special.

jenluckenbach
05-18-2006, 05:56 AM
WELCOME!!!!!! I am one of the resident CRAZY cat ladies, having a family of 16 (plus hubby). I also foster cats for a rescue group. I'll be looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

Lori Jordan
05-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Welcome To Pet Talk!!!

GreyhoundGirl
07-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Welcome to pet talk, Sarah ! Look forward to some pics ! ;)

Bengalz
07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

My name is Betty and I have one little kitty - her name is Eve and she is a recent addition to our home.

Your fur family sends delightful and I'm sure they keep you fit, amongst other things :D

Your work background is extremely familiar to me as I work in the real estate industry in Canada. Definitely a change for you going from dealing with sites and site offices to an internal "desk" job. Your new endeavour intrigues me as well - we are getting more and more environmentally conscious in our practices, as an organization and on behalf of our clients. It's all about the "green initiatives".

I'll look forward to seeing pictures of your babies - they all sound adorable. I hope you enjoy meeting everyone here - this is a wonderful group of people.

Cheers!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-15-2006, 05:46 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%2041%20welcome.gif to Pet Talk!!

My name is Lut, I live in Belgium. I am owned by 4 cats; you can see them in my avatar :)

MyCatXander
07-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Welcome to PT!

Roxyluvsme13
07-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm Briana, and I'm the slave to Roxy, Lily, Skye, Dipstick, Sebastian, Neptune, Ariel, Melody, Mufasa, and Aiden (:o).