PDA

View Full Version : 7 more baby kittens!!!

Erica
05-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I got a call from one of the shelters that I foster kittens for today. A litter of 7 had been abanded!!! Now I have a total of 13 kittens plus my 2 adult cats!!! The oldest are 3 weeks old and these new babies I got today are about 2 weeks old. Here in the next few weeks, my house is going to be crazy!!! They are all so cute. All 7 I got today seem to be in good health and are quite active for their age. I don't think there will be any problems with these little guys like the 2 I got yesterday. The other tiny baby I got yesterday passed away real early this morning. They were both just way too sick. But they are together again now and not suffering anymore.

lute
05-16-2006, 10:58 PM
holy cow!!! :eek: i thought i had my hands full with 3 kittens and two cats!

Laura's Babies
05-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Gee whiz! Isn't there some Mommie cats somewhere that they (or you) could get some help from? WHEN do you sleep? GIRL! That is a handfull but the rewards will be bountiful...Gosh, I wish I was there to take some off your hands so I could spoil them rotten!

aki
05-17-2006, 09:24 AM
How neat! I would be loving all those babies!

Sorry to hear the other baby kitty passed. Sad.

moosmom
05-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Yup, I'd say you've got your hands full. Welcome to Kitten Season!!!

Erica
05-17-2006, 10:18 AM
When I fist volunteered, I thought (for some reason) I would only get one litter at a time. The one litter will be ready for new homes the SOONEST one in 3 weeks. I will have a hard time letting them all go to new homes but there a few inparticular that I will be really sad about. I am screening all prospective ownees very carefully, I just want to make sure they will be taken care of. The litter I got yesterday has to go back to the shelter when they are old enough to be adopted out, so with them, I don't have a say in who gets them. There have allready been several people interested in adopting the other babies that I have told "No" to. The amount of sleep I get has improved alot!!! They are all over 2 weeks, so they go a little longer between feedings than when they were newborn. I have 3 left that I can adopt out, so anyone in the St.Louis/Alton area interested, PM me.

Donnaj4962
05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
WOW! I cannot imagine what your days (and nights) must be like! :eek: I admire you for beng able to help these little ones. When do we get some pictures???? :D

Erica
05-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I would love to post pictures. I have tried numerous times. I have photos saved at both photobucket and at imagestation. but getting them from there to here is where I have the problem.