PDA

View Full Version : Update on Vet Tech Interview!

Aspen and Misty
05-16-2006, 09:47 PM
If any of you guys remember I had a very, very sick bunny in the hospital last week. While there I got offered a chance at a vet tech position. I am only a Junior in high school and they are willing to train me over the summer and into next year, I'm so exited! Anyways, I was supposed to meet them last Wednesday at 4:00 but due to an accident on a main road I was unable to make it. They called me this past Monday and I now have an interview rescheduled for tomorrow at 4:30! I can't wait. If all goes well I will then have a on the job interview and then be offered the job!!! :D

Wish Me Luck!

Ashley

luvofallhorses
05-16-2006, 09:52 PM
wow! you lucky duck! good luck! :D

hehe that rhymed. :p

buttercup132
05-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Wow LUCKY!! Good luck.

Hows the bunny doing?

jenluckenbach
05-17-2006, 05:17 AM
BEST of luck!!!!!!!!!

Karen
05-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Good luck - remember, you have all of us for references, if need be! :)

(Jaxom - the formerly sick bunny - is now fine, she did update us on that!)

Laura's Babies
05-17-2006, 08:26 AM
I was wondering if you had already went for the interview and I missed the thread.. I will watch for the news!!!!

Aspen and Misty
05-17-2006, 06:38 PM
I went to my interview today and did great. I got to see the new vet office (opening Monday) and I'm amazed: eek: They have high tech, high advance surgery and recovery stuff, its AMAZING!

I'm so exited. I spent an hour talking and touring the place and loved every minute of it. From what I understand I will be basically called a "kennel girl" but will do a lot of vet tech stuff and they will train me to be a vet tech. I will learn to hold animals during procedures such as taking blood and simpler things like that. Once I'm out of high school and have experience behind me I can train to become a vet tech full time. One very cool thing, on my days off I can go in and watch surgeries!! :D

So I'm still deciding if I want to leave my current job for this one. It's so hard to say good bye to the people I care about. One main factor will be the pay. I currently make $8.35 an hour and work a half hour from home. The vet tech job would be an hour from my home so I would need to make more, or the same in order to make up the difference in driving and such.

My next step is on the job interview next Wednesday at 1:00. I basically get to go in and try the job out before I say yes. I'm really exited. If I love it I will ask about the pay and when I can start :D

As Karen said - Jaxom is doing great. He is taking all his meds like a trooper and eating like a pig! I still am so happy to see him every morning, it's hard to imagine that I almost lost him.

Ashley