PDA

View Full Version : white calico kitten having MORE problems!

lute
05-16-2006, 05:18 PM
if you kept up with my posts this mostly white calico kitten that PiddyBob had has been having problems since day 1. she was born nearly dead, she opened her eyes too early and may be blind, she had sevear loose stool, and guess what...we are off to the vet once more! :eek: :(

i was playing with the kittens and looking them over ad noticed that the white calico has a hole in her back leg and her leg is swollen! it is just a clean round hole. i can't tell how deep it is. it's too late to call the vet today, but i'll take her in tomarrow. it looks like maybe Piddybob accidently bit the kitten.

i cleaned the wound, but should i maybe wrap the leg to keep from bacteria from entering the wound?

moosmom
05-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Rinse the wound with Hydrogen Peroxide. If there's anything in it like dirt or whatever, it'll get it out. If the HP bubbles, that means it's working.

lute
05-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Rinse the wound with Hydrogen Peroxide. If there's anything in it like dirt or whatever, it'll get it out. If the HP bubbles, that means it's working.
that's what i used to clean it. it bubbled. thanks!

catmandu
05-16-2006, 08:25 PM
We Are Praying That That Kitten Can Get Over That Rough Start In Life And Become A Big Beautiful Cat.
Shes Off To The Best Start Possible, With Such Caring And Devoted Guardians.
Bless You For Helping The Helpless.
You Will Be Rewarded Many Times Over.

lute
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
We Are Praying That That Kitten Can Get Over That Rough Start In Life And Become A Big Beautiful Cat.
Shes Off To The Best Start Possible, With Such Caring And Devoted Guardians.
Bless You For Helping The Helpless.
You Will Be Rewarded Many Times Over.
lordy i sure hope so! these vet bills are comming out of my great dane money.LOL

Beauty17
05-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Once when I was a little girl, and outdoor kitten of my grandmother's got a grub in its neck. It was awful - just this perfectlly round hole, and occasionally you could see the grub poke out. I hope your kitten doesn't have a grub. You could try to pull it out with tweezers if you see it.

lute
05-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Once when I was a little girl, and outdoor kitten of my grandmother's got a grub in its neck. It was awful - just this perfectlly round hole, and occasionally you could see the grub poke out. I hope your kitten doesn't have a grub. You could try to pull it out with tweezers if you see it.
i don't think she's got a grub. she's inside the house and i've cleaned the hole enough i would have seen it if she did.

Donnaj4962
05-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Any news yet? I hope everything is okay.

critters
05-18-2006, 05:24 AM

The "grub" is a cutebra, or bot fly larva, nasty little buggers!!! I can't find the reference, but somewhere I read that you have to be careful pulling them out so that you don't leave any parts behind.

moosmom
05-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Lute,

I forgot to tell you that sometimes horse flies will lay their eggs underneath the skin of a cat. As the larvae grows (I know, tmi and gross) it'll turn into what LOOKS like a bump. You can try and squeeze it like a zit and it might pop out.

lute
05-18-2006, 09:55 AM
Lute,

I forgot to tell you that sometimes horse flies will lay their eggs underneath the skin of a cat. As the larvae grows (I know, tmi and gross) it'll turn into what LOOKS like a bump. You can try and squeeze it like a zit and it might pop out.
OMG! that's terrible. i don't think that's the case...fortinatly!

the vet said that PiddyBob must have accidently bit her when she was cleaning her. said it was a clean cut, no blood. he gave me an antibiotic and sent us on our way. the sweeling in her leg is going down. the bite mark is looking better. HOPEFULLY we won't have to make any other trips to the vet for something other than vaccinations. :rolleyes:

Beauty17
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Hoping for the white calico - and hoping that PiddyBob gets more gentle with her cleaning. Please take care of yourself, too. Sounds like you have your hands full.

lute
05-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Hoping for the white calico - and hoping that PiddyBob gets more gentle with her cleaning. Please take care of yourself, too. Sounds like you have your hands full.
thanks. :D