PDA

View Full Version : cat dandruff

BitsyNaceyDog
05-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Raisin has some dandruff and I'm not sure why. None of my cats have ever had dandruff before. Other than the dandruff she's acting completely normal. Is it something to be concerned about? Should I take her to the vet?

-I don't know if it's because of the air conditioner? We've had it on for the last couple months.
-Could it be her food? She's been on the same food for a long time, so I don't think it's that.
-Is she not grooming well enough? She's a big girl. I see her groom, but maybe she's not doing a good job.
Should I bathe her? It's been a few years since she's had a bath.

carole
05-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Both my kitties seem to have this from time to time, i mentioned to the vet and they were very un-concerned about it and never gave me any suggestions as what to do about it, so i would not worry too much,just ask your vet and see what they say,my kitties are purrfectly healthy despite there little white flakes now and then.

Zippy
05-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Zippy had some to the vet said it was nothing

catmandu
05-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Moose Has That Problem Too When Its Dry And I Buy Him A Hot Spot Spray From The Vets So Hes Not Uncomfortable.

Catty1
05-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Oscar gets a bit on his back near the base of his tail - season change?

I don't know, but I just groom him a bit more often.

BitsyNaceyDog
05-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks everyone, I wasn't sure if I should be concerned or not. I won't worry about it then. It probably is just the change in the weather and that we have our a/c on regularly now.