PDA

View Full Version : what a waste (the new dog park)

IRescue452
05-16-2006, 04:16 PM
We ventured out to the new dog park today, after hearing so many good things about it and waiting out 5 days of rain. It was such a waste or time. Unless one's dog likes to swim this is not a good park. It had a big fenced off pond/lake (100ft diameter?) and maybe 5 feet of walking space around the lake. Then there was another fenced off area maybe a half acre. Sorry to say but I didn't get pictures. We didn't even stay five minutes and the only other dogs were two labradors in the water not exactly wanting to play with Autumn.
I'll have to get more pics at our regular park. I don't understand how people could tell me this waste of grass is real nice when we were standing in the middle of the county park. The county park has a huge field, a walking path, a wooded area, and acres of playspace. All the county park is missing is a pond. I guess this new one will become the labrador park.

Kfamr
05-16-2006, 04:18 PM
I personally would choose and think that the new park is great, based on what you've said, as my "park dog" likes to swim (mind you, she isn't a Labrador and there are many dogs other than Labs who would enjoy the park.)

IRescue452
05-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Ok yeah, I was just disappointed. I was hoping for this real nice glamorous park but come to find that its not an option for me and Autumn as its nothing but water. It wouldn't be so bad if it were in town as something to walk to every once in a while but it is off the highway two miles from the other park. Oh well. Yes I know other dogs like water, I was just saying that because there are so many labradors around.

lute
05-16-2006, 05:33 PM
what a bummer. i'm still trying to lobby for a dog park here.

zoomer
05-16-2006, 08:08 PM
How dissapointing, it was that way with me at first when we went to our new park, since I was used to going to Merry Moore, which was many acres, and the new park was only a couple acres with no lakes or water or anything, I've learned not to be dissapointed with it though, at least the dogs can run there :p